View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 30 of 182 FirstFirst ... 2025262728293031323334354080130 ... LastLast
    Yay! We'll be able to crash and get confused in inconsistent Android poor UI metaphors at up to 6x the speed of 3g!
    Quote Originally Posted by brmiller1976 View Post
    Yay! We'll be able to crash and get confused in inconsistent Android poor UI metaphors at up to 6x the speed of 3g!
    haha
    I cant wait for the influx of android vs pre posts that seem to clutter the forums every time an android phone comes out...which is pretty much every other day now.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Very good hardware but it still runs on Android. And For me Android is still just another old WinMo OS running on Linux.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
    I cant wait for the influx of android vs pre posts that seem to clutter the forums every time an android phone comes out...which is pretty much every other day now.
    You know it, I think precentral has more android users then androids own site. And you know some pre defectors just can't wait to come here and try to bash us pre owners.() I'm sure it will be humorous.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I know my Pre will get tossed in the same cabinet my treo700p is sitting in...From what i've heard the new HTC EVO 4g is going to blow everything away...
    nope. Gonna stick with WebOS.
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 05/05/2010 at 09:33 AM.
    Too big.
    I just replaced my fourth Pre yesterday, and I am counting down the time until my upgrade day. The Pre is still my overall favorite experience on a phone, and WebOS is by far my favorite OS. I will look hard into getting the tablet whenever it comes out, but because Palm (HP) is looking into the mid/long term future with their devices, and because I keep having my stupid power button getting stuck on my current one (among other less than expectable issues) I personally will be jumping ship to the Evo. Although I will only be faithful to it until the new WebOS gets its new device and then I'll be coming back!
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    Too big.
    I'm concerned with the size as well....I'm still hoping that either a new webOS device is announced soon, or that the HTC Legend comes to Sprint. That size seems perfect.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    I usually focus on carrier first. Then OS & ecosystem. Hardware really isn't that much of a factor unless there's just a poor build (sprint pre?). That's just me though. Palm is likely to release new hardware that's comparable just as other competitors will.

So if you're focused on android, then yeah, the Evo looks compelling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    I'm concerned with the size as well....I'm still hoping that either a new webOS device is announced soon, or that the HTC Legend comes to Sprint. That size seems perfect.
    I was at a family gathering this weekend and picked up my brothers iPhone 3Gs b/c my nephew was playing with my Pre Plus. In comparison to the Pre Plus it felt like I was picking up a stone tablet. Just too big and square for me. Unfortunately, it seems most other smartphones are trying to copy the iPhone in a lot of ways. Palm is one of the only ones to try and produce a unique looking device.
    Evo 4G will be nice for sure, but I would rather have webOS on the current hardware. And we still do not know what Palm has cooking up in the C40 that is to be release hopefully this year sometime.
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    I doubt the average consumer (read: Non-techie) will care. Most don't want a huge phone and most don't know what a megapixel is.

As for me, I'm staying with Palm/HP. I love the OS too much.
    I am holding out hope that there is a new WEB OS device but if not this year I will switch to the EVO 4G.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I want to use the EVO for 29days when comes out and get back to my pre, just to have a better idea on ANdroid, and I am sure I will love my pre a lot better after that 29 days. I am not jumping from WebOS even if I get a EVO free on no contract.

FOr all the people on the edge I wish a new webOs phone leaks come out before evo gets realeased.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    why, does your Pre have an expiration that says "Good until HTC Evo release date" ? ? ? ? Cuz I made sure to by my Pre with a longer expiry!
    *yawn* Yet another "Pre is doomed" thread. Move along crowd. Nothing new here.
    I've done research on android and for the eception of multitasking it is not half bad. And android 2.2 looks very awesome and doesn't look clunky at all. So fast and smooth. 2.2 looks very nice and doesn't loook like android of past. And I think many ppl that get the evo and try 2.2 won't be dissapointed. And eventually most phones will have true multitasking soon...
    Quote Originally Posted by LateNiteWithJme View Post
    I doubt the average consumer (read: Non-techie) will care. Most don't want a huge phone and most don't know what a megapixel is.

As for me, I'm staying with Palm/HP. I love the OS too much.
    Who are these "most" of which you speak? Most of the people in your particular area, state, country, or the whole world? You may not want such and such a feature, but that doesn't mean most people don't. Please post links to documentation which supports your supposition please. I want to see the actual results of this mythical poll that backs up your claim.