View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 3 of 182 FirstFirst 123456781353103 ... LastLast
    "bezel" - what a weird word. I must be the ultimate dork because I know what "bezel" means.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman View Post
    "bezel" - what a weird word. I must be the ultimate dork because I know what "bezel" means.
    i must be a bigger one since i used the word first.
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    too large how? it's not much wider and longer than an iPhone and it's pretty much ALL screen compared to the iPhone and its bezel.
    To be fair, you're on the Pre forum...and the Evo and Iphone are substantially larger than the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman View Post
    pretty sure that doesn't make you the ultimate dork- plus bezel has many different meanings depending on what you're talking about when using it. however what does make you the ultimate dork is the fact that you updated your signature to include a phone that doesn't even have an imminent launch date yet...and that my friend is AWESOME!
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    this phone is almost the size of a laptop.
    kinda beats the idea of carrying a phone in your pocket vs an laptop...
    It is only slightly larger than an iPhone. When I say slightly, I am talking mm.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    The specs are great. No physical keyboard and android interface make me lukewarm on this phone. I'm still anxious to see if Palm has a new device with at least some of those specs coming out. I really could care less about the hdmi output.
    Honestly, HTC's EVO 4G phone looks amazing - the stats are extremely impressive. If Palm does not have an answer, I will likely have to try this amazing (stat-wise) looking new phone.
    You guys should hit up a sprint store and give the hero keyboard a shot. Yes, you will make a bunch of mistakes but the error correction is superb. I rarely have to go back and correct something it didn't. As long as you get the first letter correct you are pretty much good to go.
    Ill say that it may be worth wild for me to at least give it a look when it comes out.4G is out in Chicago so depending on the speeds I get when testing I may fall in love. But i doubt it, webos is my baby at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    To be fair, you're on the Pre forum...and the Evo and Iphone are substantially larger than the Pre.
    yes, im aware.

to be fair, the Pre is longer than the iPhone when opened and a hair less wide.

my point is, the size of the EVO is being blown out of proportion (intended) already. people are acting like it's the size of a netbook when actually it's not much bigger than the most popular phone out there.
    I never thought I would give up the Pre, but the specs of this device, the freaking 8 mega pixel cam, and I like a larger device. The only thing that's stopping me, besides my fragile loyalty to Palm, is the lack of a phsyical keyboard. If there was a physical keyboard, my Palm Pre would become a pretty paper weight. Damn, I hope Palm comes out with a new device, comparable to this beast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    The specs are great. No physical keyboard and android interface make me lukewarm on this phone. I'm still anxious to see if Palm has a new device with at least some of those specs coming out. I really could care less about the hdmi output.
    how much less could you care?
    I am sticking with Palm. If palm doesn't come out with anything new by the first quarter of 2011 then I will be looking else for a phone I am sure by this time next year there will be some sweet new phones out there I hope palm is one of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    I type on the pre without making any errors. Just looking at the video made me appreciate having a physical keyboard even more. The time he took to type that short message I could have done in half the time on the pre. Hell I can type on the pre without looking at the keypad.
    im happy for you.

people who bash GOOD touchscreen keyboards have never lived with one.
    Quote Originally Posted by scribe4food View Post
    If there was a physical keyboard, my Palm Pre would become a pretty paper weight.
    lol, why not the pre was inspired off of a pebble or river stone rock anyways
    there should be another option, sticking with pre because of 800 mhz patch!

can't wait for it lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by badjokes View Post
    there should be another option, sticking with pre because of 800 mhz patch!

can't wait for it lol.
    +1 and waiting on the next gen pre....screw android
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I agree, I prefer a keyboard as well, but calling what the Pre has, a keyboard, is a bit of a joke. The thing is so small, it's practically unusable.
    Keyboard definitely not a deal breaker for me. Just want better hardware.
    The Saint
    i cant wait for this
    That phone does look amazing. I really want to stay with WebOS because I love it, but the Pre is already getting old to me. If Palm came out with a new device with a bigger touchscreen running WebOS I would snatch that up in a heartbeat. If I had to choose I would go with the Nexus One. Just seems like a safer bet to me since 1. 4G doesn't matter in most places and 2. Google will update the OS quickly while HTC still have yet to update theirs. Lets hope Palm announces something soon because as soon as the Nexus One becomes available I think I will be buying it. I love WebOS, but the Pre just aint cutting it.