View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 29 of 182 FirstFirst ... 1924252627282930313233343979129 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    I still believe the evo will require a separate plan. Sprint won't make a profit with a 200 phone and 69 dollar data entensive phone.
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    Is 4G faster than WiFi? I don't want to pay more for my plan.
    ^4g can be faster than wifi... It depends on how fast your wifi is, and how strong your 4g signal is.... You should look at some speed comparisons on youtube....
    The walmart deal would be sweeet! Still haven't heard any new news on the 4G coming to NYC but with the NYC EVO party on the horizon we should know more soon!! I can't wait!
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

Quote Originally Posted by Impulsebuyer View Post
    The walmart deal would be sweeet! Still haven't heard any new news on the 4G coming to NYC but with the NYC EVO party on the horizon we should know more soon!! I can't wait!
    Wouldn't it be great if the WiMax infrastructure is all linked up in NYC and they are just waiting for the day to introduce the 4G phones and open the whole system in one big bang there. The Press would be all over it. It would be a media blitz on all major news networks, all the talk shows and in the major prints, all at one time. Talk about an introduction with free advertising. We should only hope that Palm has a 4g compatible phone ready that day.
    Since the system is so small, it could be installed with enough crews in one week.
    Thats a lot of crews.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    That would be great, especially the walmart deal being I have one less than 5 miles away but NYC is more like 25 mins away which worries me about the coverage for 4G ...
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

Found this quick read while googling the EVO, seems as if from a Sprint insider working with the device we are possibly looking at a June release (before the 6th not 13!)

Also check out what the guy is personally working on, 720p and getting the camera dual led flash to flicker first like digital camera for perfect night shots!!

I am sticking to my guns this phone is gonna break the mold, and besides the iphone 4g just maybe the one to have this year (i am calling it device of the year already if its not to buggy on release)

HTC EVO 4G to Arrive Before June 6th? | Gadgets DNA
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

That would be great, especially the walmart deal being I have one less than 5 miles away but NYC is more like 25 mins away which worries me about the coverage for 4G ...
    Don't you have Clearwire over there? If so they are part owner of Clear. You may already know the Clear is the Company name for WiMax with Sprint.
    If you do, it would be a great sign. Clear might expand the area closer to you.
    I would think that they would want to link it together with Philadelphia and Baltimore.
    Verizon would go nuts. Headline: Sprint goes 4G on east coast, Verizon goes bankrupt, Sprint buys out Verizon and all Verizon customers get better pricing
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

We want them!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    Don't you have Clearwire over there? If so they are part owner of Clear. You may already know the Clear is the Company name for WiMax with Sprint.
    If you do, it would be a great sign. Clear might expand the area closer to you.
    Nah I am not in NYC, about 25mins north of there so not hooked up with clearwire thats why the walmart deal would work great for my location! But assuming from what i heard 4g extends 30-40mi it might still be beneficial but i might not be able to access it so i am hoping there are other plans to bring it closer somehow ...
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

Nah I am not in NYC, about 25mins north of there so not hooked up with clearwire thats why the walmart deal would work great for my location! But assuming from what i heard 4g extends 30-40mi it might still be beneficial but i might not be able to access it so i am hoping there are other plans to bring it closer somehow ...
    If it does happen, you could build a tower on your house...

Headline: Sprint goes 4G on east coast, Verizon goes bankrupt, Sprint buys out Verizon and all Verizon customers get better pricing and WiMax for the first 2 years free.

We want them!!!
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    For quicker info on 4G (WiMax or LTE) you can check out the 4gFourms.

We want them!!!
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    so last night i was walking and i noticed some kid playing his psp and i thought, "what a nice size screen" and then today my bosses son had a psp so i had to see what sixe the screen was. sure enough when i checked it out it was 4.3", the same size as the evo. the psp is something like 480x217 and the evo is 480x800 i believe. this is going to look amazing with games and movies. I just like webos better. HP or palm or whoever i need to cry to now, please make a 4.3" webos device..pretty please with cherries?
    I wish 4.3 didn't also mean too big for my front pockets.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    I wish 4.3 didn't also mean too big for my front pockets.
    Get bigger pants. just kidding
    just noticed Laurel and Hardy. some of their stuff was filmed in my hometown, Culver City, Ca.
    Last edited by double1; 05/02/2010 at 05:11 AM.
    Cargo Pants FTW!

Or a nice leather sidecase. I feel bad putting phones into my front pocket, I rather wear the superhero belt.
    4.3 inches is perfect size for my pockets, I don't know what everyone else is complaining about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudementry View Post
    4.3 inches is perfect size for my pockets, I don't know what everyone else is complaining about.
    Maybe they are wearing ultra tight hip huggers with tiny front pockets! LOL.
    This an article with a possible release date for the EVO and the iPhone it it goes to Verizon

HTC EVO 4G Release Date & Verizon iPhone 4G Release Date Likely To Be One Day Apart, Which One To Choose
    Its going to be June 3rd. I can tell you that with certainty.