View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 25 of 182 FirstFirst ... 1520212223242526272829303575125 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    I understand lust for the hardware, but after using a hero and moment, I could never use android. Sense is better than stock, but still isn't good enough for me. webOS just makes sense to me, but android is very unintuitive. IMHO.
    Palm Pre. Sprint.

View My Mockup!
    Is the new Droid Incredible on Verizon going to steal some of Sprint's thunder with the Evo?
    Quote Originally Posted by bausti25 View Post
    Is the new Droid Incredible on Verizon going to steal some of Sprint's thunder with the Evo?
    No. The EVO is 4G and video out. Don't think that those unique features are on the Incredible.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    im on my 8th pre.

htc here i come again!

my htc touch still works, and i bought it launch day
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I have a launch date pre and my daughter dropped it on the ground. Broke the glass around the volume switch. I have a little of the oreo effect but not as bad as I have seen on this forum. Update 1.3 was horrible. I was dropping calls, mail not being pushed, phone turning off, too many cards with only one card open. No service bars when my wife had three or four from her blackberry 8330. I switched to blackberry 8530 and was happy for about a month. Pre is a totally different experience and I missed it. Switched back to old pre with updated 1.4 and no problems yet!

Yet here I drool over the htc evo unable to control myself. I have not used android but from what friends say about it, good things!
    um have you not noticed that ALL the smart phones have issues with software updates, or stolen security, or lost info????

but which of the many billion dollar companies actually offers you the software (for free) to "hack" it and tons of free apps and has such a great community of helpers who patiently teach us non-programers how to join in the fun?

wait it out for a couple months to see if my instinct (i'm psychic-lite and usally right ) and the rumors of sprint getting the new hardware are true or to see if palm is able to get some investors/help to improve a not-so-bad-afterall phone with the best OS around.

a little birdie told me you may be pleasantly surprised

ps.....SPRINT 4G network plus the "rumor" and hunches of a NEW webOS formfactor make me think we may get the first 4g super-de-duper. you never know.......
    Last edited by creepycat; 04/15/2010 at 01:44 AM. Reason: cuz i have advanced ADD and always remember what i was going to say in the first place after i'm done......
    BTW, my phone runs waaaaaay better now that i have Preware back on after 1.4.1.1 so maybe we are SUPPOSED to have the preware to get the best results and this is a gift from Palm for all of us trying out the stuff that helps them succeed and in turn helps ourselves succeed? sound too 'new-age' to you guys? not to my women's intuition it doesn't. makes perfect sense.
    i signed up for Palm Developer Day so i can learn to make apps myself and then make medical apps (my specialty is acute care/post critical care so i have lots of info in my head that needs to help the medical community that is 10+ years PalmOS fanatics).

for $25 you get fed and a free gift plus classes. where else do you get that kind of treatment?

Palm is OBVIOUSLY a good company with great gratitude for this community and we need to back them up more in actions. there's so much awesome talk and praise here but even the most diligent and connected company reps cant have time to go through all of this.

i am going to make the most of dev day and put my 10-12yr palm experienced voice right in their faces and give them the best of the comments i've read here. it may help them a lot to speak to an expertish-palm fan face to face right?

who else is going? sign up soon. saturday april 24 is still open i think. there is a beginning webos class that day too i think so its good they put me there. ok i think saturday is NOT the beginners class so i will call corporate and see if they'll squeeze me in for the friday class. i will go regardless so i can learn stuff i can use later and get in contact with people who need our real-live input.

anyone have any BIG things that need to be mentioned? i'll take a list of "demands" lol. send to cat(at)creepycast.net

here's the link
    <a href="https://secure1.regsvc.com/registration/index.aspx?TYPE=E&ID=2&LC=&PIN=&REF=&dbGUID=9A3C79FD-7BAA-4866-BFBD-E1385AA7935C&sssdmh=dm13.241444/a>
    Last edited by creepycat; 04/15/2010 at 02:00 AM.
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    The EVO is too big for me. As is the Droid and IPhone. I really like the form factor of the Pre. For me (an average-sized guy) it is just the right size and weight.

BTW, I have a launch-day Pre without problems.
    the decision between the evo and the hero depend on evos price
    My PRE is great and i will use it with WIFI for games and apps and such but the EVO just seems to be very good at the moment. I will keep my pre and if i dont like the EVO i'll just sell it and I will have my backup pre.
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    after tons of hardware issues and not being able to use headphones properly I will be making the switch to the evo if i'm stuck with sprint come summer time. Unless of course palm has new hardware then i'll upgrade with palm. Love webos but not the phone.

android doesn't have the same polished look of webos but more apps.

it's all about tradeoffs and finding something that works for each user.
    If Palm is going to release something or make an announcement, it better do it soon. I have a feeling many people are preparing to jump ship to the EVO (myself included). I probably would have jumped to the DROID, if it wasn't on Verizon. If they would have released the Pre within a month or two of it's unveiling, they would have been better off. I think as bad as Palm is at marketing, it's worse at timing.

I still hold to my dream of Google snapping up Palm and integrate WebOS with Android to make a superOS that's elegant and app-ful.
    Last edited by Greymalken; 04/15/2010 at 02:40 PM. Reason: *inserted "my"
    I went to check out a HD2 for size and honestly it feels pretty much like holding my iTouch with a case on. It's just slightly bigger but it's all screen. After squinting at the Pre for the past year I would love to upgrade to a bigger, higher res screen. I hate to give up my real QWERTY but on a phone that big, a slider would make it a brick. Maybe Palm will come out with a thin, large screened, 4G, GPU-optimized WebOS phone this summer...but I doubt it. Barring that, I will be getting the Evo in June with my 1-year upgrade.

edit: Also this:

Yowza!
    nice pics. Wow that's big. Not for me. The size is starting to make phones like the EVO semi-mobile phones.
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Greymalken View Post
    If Palm is going to release something or make an announcement, it better do it soon. I have a feeling many people are preparing to jump ship to the EVO (myself included). I probably would have jumped to the DROID, if it wasn't on Verizon. If they would have released the Pre within a month or two of it's unveiling, they would have been better off. I think as bad as Palm is at marketing, it's worse at timing.

I still hold to my dream of Google snapping up Palm and integrate WebOS with Android to make a superOS that's elegant and app-ful.
    I'm in this exact boat, and sadly will be going to get Pre #3 today after mine has been stuck in headset mode for the past 3 days....
    Yep, even though 4G allows it, Sprint idiotically will not.

***? Do they WANT to fail?

http://www.androidcentral.com/node/9049/24557
    It's not really that 4G allows it (without VOIP, which would still require Sprint to overhaul the backend connections to make this seamless). It's more that the EVO will have a 4G radio, and a 3G radio, and you'd think that they'd allow a connection to the 3G voice while you're on 4G data (sort of like how on the Pre we can use WiFi data while using voice). I suspect that it's being done for battery purposes.

As I've mentioned a couple times, a 4G radio just seems to use a ton more power than its 3G counterpart, as seen by the Overdrive having an 1800mAh battery and 2 hours life, when the MiFi has a 1100mAh battery and 3 hours of life.
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    I'm pretty sure that patent last week was for this specific application.
    Sprint Palm 2 - Developer Mode - 2.1.0
    Two things from that article: "at release" and "so it's possible this could change with future updates."

and why is it good for Palm? Their antiquated hardware still can't do 4g and can't do 3g and voice just like every other cdma phone. Well, if I can't do 4g and talk at the same time, I might as well stick with the Pre or Pixi. I think that logic is a bit on the flawed side.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.