View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 24 of 182 FirstFirst ... 1419202122232425262728293474124 ... LastLast
    If Palm waits until the end of the year for the Pre 2, it will be too late for me. I will be buying the best phone available via Sprint that I can buy in June or July. Right now that looks like the Evo.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Sprint has been running this ad for the past couple of days. Wish they were doing the same for a new Palm 4G model....

Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    Cause having different screen resolutions, different cpu's, etc.. Can mess with devs..
    The beauty of webOS is that it automatically adapts to different screen sizes. Apps don't need to be recompiled and can run on both Pre and Pixi.

I think everyone has valid points, but I think this mythical device can be Palm's flagship, and move the Pre down to mainstream. Just don't get rid of the Pre's size and form factor.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    i bet they would, if they had one... but, you know...
    Last edited by Mike20PR; 04/05/2010 at 09:20 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    4.3 is too big, iphone, nexus one size is better. To me the pre is perfect for more business oriented use but if you intend on watching movies and video then nxus one size is better. But I don't see how a 4.3 inch screen is portable at all, it won't fit in a pocket comfortably and you will need a hoster and case which will add even more size.
    Quote Originally Posted by delta7 View Post
    4.3 is too big, iphone, nexus one size is better. To me the pre is perfect for more business oriented use but if you intend on watching movies and video then nxus one size is better. But I don't see how a 4.3 inch screen is portable at all, it won't fit in a pocket comfortably and you will need a hoster and case which will add even more size.
    I've watched tv shows on both Pre and iPhone. Really, its not a big difference. Pre was fine. We're talking 3.5 vs 3.1. If anything the Pre was sharper.
    World domination!!
    That's outdated news (the article was written on march 29 before they even had any info other than the specs) that may be true but the current word is that Sprint is running some tests on a possible way to get wimax and calls at the same time
    Last edited by 063_xobx; 04/08/2010 at 10:04 PM.
    I don't know about 4G, but 3G CDMA can't handle voice and data at the same time...
    Wimax (aka 4g) is rumored to be usable while using cdma for calls
    Damn, what are you going to do when your friend is on a game show and chooses you for a life line
    Hope I'm near a wifi hotspot
    it's funny how 10 days ago is 'very outdated news' when it comes to wireless phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by casiouser View Post
    it's funny how 10 days ago is 'very outdated news' when it comes to wireless phones.
    It is when it was written without knowing anything other than the specs and trying to pass an assumption off as fact
    HAHAHAHA what is this nonsense? More Apple ****** garbage?

On another note...what do you guys/gals think about Palm's timetable for a new device? Certainly the new iPhone and EVO will influence some of how a new Palm looks, and what features it has. But will the EVO keep a new Palm under wraps a bit longer? How long do you think Sprint would like them to wait?
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I don't know about 4G, but 3G CDMA can't handle voice and data at the same time...
    3G CDMA is totally capable of doing so...
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    3G CDMA is totally capable of doing so...
    Yes, i know this. I was referring to how carriers currently have it implemented. With the race to 4G, it's doubtful they are going to bother upgrade their 3G networks. Sorry for not making it clear in my first post.
    it really ****es me off that Verizon and Sprint choose not to use Voice & Data at the same time (as is possible with one of the CDMA standards). Please allow it on 4G, it really needs this.
    Okay, so I've been kicking this idea around some of the various android forums: what if we port WebOS to the EVO? I'm willing to put some time in towards that end. I love WebOS but the Pre is lacking. Would it be possible to even try doing that? Possibly even integrating some of android's features (like their apps) into WebOS. If WebOS and Android were merged it would be the perfect phone OS, I think.
    Any suggestions on if this possible or how to go about it?