View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 22 of 182 FirstFirst ... 1217181920212223242526273272122 ... LastLast
    I went into a T-Mo store the other day to see the HD2 and get a sense of the size of the device and holy **** is it big! I have serious doubts I could carry that thing around all day in a pocket, it wasn't even that comfortable in the hand. I love the specs of the Evo but have grown to love our now tiny Pre, would love a slight increase in screen size/keyboard on the Pre2. I'll have to revisit it in the summer, but I wasn't feeling the tablet phone.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I would get the EVO just to say, "Hey, I have the nations first 4G phone", problem is...no 4G service in my area. Besides, I love webos.
    Quote Originally Posted by jorgesicas View Post
    but back to the topic... so far what do we like and dislike about the Evo?
    likes: best hardware out there, lots of apps, kickstand, SenseUI (cant stand regular Android) 4G, microSD slot, Big battery, etc.

dislikes: no AMOLED screen, fragmentation comes to mind (although Google is working on improving that) HTC's touch sensors not good for gaming

all in all, the EVO4G has its BIG ups and a few downs but when it comes to an upgrade... yes its an upgrade for sure from the Pre.

If Palm announces something similar (doesnt even have to be a total beast like the EVO, but better than the Pre Plus) to be released on the same time frame, id get it since webOS itself is the best OS out there IMO but its being overshadowed easily by devices like this
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    Quote Originally Posted by elessarelfstar View Post
    Funny thing is that it is not even a killer feature of the EVO. Every Android 2.1 phone with Sense UI has that function.

-Sprint Hero
    -Droid Eris
    -HTC Hero
    -Desire
    -Legend
    -EVO

Not sure what they are talking about.

Will also take this moment to say I wish I would've stayed with the Sprint Hero...
    Actually has nothing to do with the Sense UI, it's a standard Android 2.1 feature. I've been running a leaked Sprint 2.1 ROM on my Hero and it is so fast it's ridiculous. The difference between 1.5 and 2.1 is night and day.
    for anyone who hasn't held the new hd2 for tmobile. This phone is going to feel huge. Biggedt phone I have ever held. Really nice screen but I'm afraid it's going to be too big. I thought the iphone felt big but I was surprised.
    Quote Originally Posted by THETRUTH View Post
    for anyone who hasn't held the new hd2 for tmobile. This phone is going to feel huge. Biggedt phone I have ever held. Really nice screen but I'm afraid it's going to be too big. I thought the iphone felt big but I was surprised.
    Yeah, I've been excited to see the EVO, but I've also played with the HD2, and it's just too big - I'm sort of bummed. I've been excited for the Nexus One, but doubt that I can upgrade it within my family plan, so I figured that I'd go for the EVO. If neither work, I'm not sure what my next phone will be.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    For now people pretend "Pre size is perfect blah blah blah" but when a bigger webs device comes out the same people will go "the bigger screen enables me to enjoy the webs experience more blah blah blah". And that's because this size thing isn't a trend, it's what is necessary as our phones prove to be more functional. The small pre screen is a major reason for why nobody wants one. (other than tight pant wearers who worry about unsightly bulges)
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    For now people pretend "Pre size is perfect blah blah blah" but when a bigger webs device comes out the same people will go "the bigger screen enables me to enjoy the webs experience more blah blah blah". And that's because this size thing isn't a trend, it's what is necessary as our phones prove to be more functional. The small pre screen is a major reason for why nobody wants one. (other than tight pant wearers who worry about unsightly bulges)
    I don't think it's about "pretending" - maybe you can be open to the fact that not everyone has your opinion.

I don't think the screen size is the driving factor for low sales....the Hero has virtually the same size screen, and the numerous Blackberries have smaller screens.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    What kind of pants do you people wear, skinny jeans?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Yeah, I've been excited to see the EVO, but I've also played with the HD2, and it's just too big - I'm sort of bummed. I've been excited for the Nexus One, but doubt that I can upgrade it within my family plan, so I figured that I'd go for the EVO. If neither work, I'm not sure what my next phone will be.
    I would like to get the nexus one too. I think it will be my next phone. I like the pre but think it's a little too small for my hands. The evo goes the extreme. I cant imagine how I would carry that phone. My pocket would be alright but then I would be the stud around time with that bulge. Not a bad thing I guess
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    What do you think about a Palm Pre with a Snapdragon processor, HDMI out, 8 mp camera, HTC quality hardware, and hopefully WebOS 2.0!!! I think it would be incredible! Do you anticipate anything similar being released in the near future? What other features would you want?
    I think... it needs more... maybe a core i7 980X?
    NO!

While 1ghz is nice, i would prefer waiting for dual core cpu's...

I would prefer a 5mp camera to a 8 on a phone, cause it would mean the sensor can get 60% more light.

While hdmi out sounds nice, it still needs an adaptor

why go to webos 2.0? the next step is 1.5

I would also like a slide out keyboard, i don't care if it's portrait, or landscape, i just want a real, slide out keyboard...

edit:

also, i'd want a bigger battery, like 2500mah..

and i can't use 4g, so that should be a sprint only feature..
    yes we need this asap hopefully by july I can't wait this will restore my faith and keep me with them for at least another year
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    I'm with nimer55, like to see omap4 hopefully with 4G and sooner then later and in something like the pre form factor(smallish,more sturdy design not a giant tv thingy with a kickstand).
    The size is just me but still hope palm has the cash flow to do both a new slab device and a revamped pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdog421 View Post
    I'm with nimer55, like to see omap4 hopefully with 4G and sooner then later and in something like the pre form factor(smallish,more sturdy design not a giant tv thingy with a kickstand).
    On the giant part, I personally prefer a bigger phone, since i could fit about 10 of them in my pockets. (I had a footlong sub, and a bottle of water all in one pocket.), but i see where others are coming from.. I think a 3.7-4.0 would be nice, I think 3.0 is a bit to small, and 4.3 is to big, so something in between would be great...
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    On the giant part, I personally prefer a bigger phone, since i could fit about 10 of them in my pockets. (I had a footlong sub, and a bottle of water all in one pocket.), but i see where others are coming from.. I think a 3.7-4.0 would be nice, I think 3.0 is a bit to small, and 4.3 is to big, so something in between would be great...
    Lol, you need a netbook then, but that's why I edited my post almost instantly. It was based on my needs(and others) for a non 4inch+ screen and really a 3.5inch or smaller one. Droid is way to big with landscape kb and 3.7 inch screen. Again that's my opinion and in my opinion the pre is the perfect pocket smartphone. Toss in omap4 and a few other upgrades and bam perfect pocket smartphone/super computer.
    Lol, you need a netbook then, but that's why I edited my post almost instantly. It was based on my needs(and others) for a non 4inch+ screen and really a 3.5inch or smaller one. Droid is way to big with landscape kb and 3.7 inch screen. Again that's my opinion and in my opinion the pre is the perfect pocket smartphone. Toss in omap4 and a few other upgrades and bam perfect pocket smartphone/super computer.
    I'm willing to compromise to a 3.5 :P...

And if palm releases 2 devices, i really hope they give it same everything, except for screensize, and maybe keyboard orientation (like portrait/landscape..) Cause having different screen resolutions, different cpu's, etc.. Can mess with devs..

Unfortunately a netbook would be slightly to wide, Something thicker, but smaller would work though.. Like i can easily fit a ps3 game (with the case) in my pocket, but it can't get much wider than that.. lol...
    I'm already allocating a savings fund for the new webOS phone. I will be standing in line for it. Bet me.
    i disagree the pre's screen needs to be bigger. now that the center button is gone they need to move the gesture area down and add some screen...but id prefer if the pre 2 had a center button that was a trackpad. oh and 2500mah battery is absolutely impossible. there is no phone that comes with a batter remotely close to that size. in a slider with a big screen there would be no space. I would be happy with a 1800.