View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 20 of 182 FirstFirst ... 1015161718192021222324253070120 ... LastLast
    To answer your question on the title of your post..."Yes" it does look good and the reason why is because we don't know anything about what/when for the follow-up to the Pre....so there's really nothing next-gen from Palm to compare it to...
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    To answer your question on the title of your post..."Yes" it does look good and the reason why is because we don't know anything about what/when for the follow-up to the Pre....so there's really
    nothing next-gen from Palm to
    compare it to...
    go to youtube and check it out nice reveiws
    Quote Originally Posted by jorgesicas View Post
    i haven't had a working phone for about a week! i have gone thru 3 phones in a matter of days, all Pres with different issues that make them inoperable. 1st, there was the keyboard issue, completely useless; 2nd (replacement) the touchscreen was unresponsive; 3rd (replacement) when i am trying to do the initial set up of this refurb, i get an error message that says "your phone has experiences an error that cannot be resolved"... so to answer your question, no i have not installed the 800mhz patch.

it is a bit frustating, and i do not know where the problem for Palm is starting at. i understand that phones break and they get refurbished, but is there a quality control system in place? do they just recycle these "refurbs" thru their partners and hope customer just settle for mediocre products?

i love the pre, but they are seriously loosing me to the EVO, i just hope the Evo is more stable than the Pre.
    I'm sorry for ur troubles, but 99% of us have had issues like this in the past.. I, for one, had many replacements on my old mogul and also the vogue 6900. I tried the hero out and the screen was unresponsive on 2 phones in a row. but others had no problems.. I will bet ur next device will be fine. Sometimes we get unlucky.

have you tried demanding a NEW phone?
    i would love to keep the WebOs functionality, i do not care much for giving up hardware. as long as it makes WebOs more stable, faster more enjoyable. but as of now the only phone that is catching my attention is the Evo. i can't say i haven't had great moments with the pre.

i use it as my GPS, MP3 Player and a phone, all-in-one device. but come on Palm, give me something that is going to endure the use and abuse you had intended for this WebOs. i am excited to see what Palm is coming out with in the near future, and i hope sooner than later.

i am a dissapointed customer, but i am not willing to give up just yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by itsALLsubliminal View Post
    I'm sorry for ur troubles, but 99% of us have had issues like this in the past.. I, for one, had many replacements on my old mogul and also the vogue 6900. I tried the hero out and the screen was unresponsive on 2 phones in a row. but others had no problems.. I will bet ur next device will be fine. Sometimes we get unlucky.

have you tried demanding a NEW phone?
    i have tried so many times, they will just keep sending me refurbs!.... i will eventually find one that will work. i hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Virtual Keyboard is a deal breaker for me, my launch day Pre is still working great and not willing to give up webOS, think I am gonna wait to see what the next Palm device is going to be.
    wow, Launch day Pre! are any more of those around, or are you a lucky one?
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I have a launch day Pre as well, but not for long because my center button is freaking out on me. The Evo looks compelling to me because the hardware is awesome, both internally and externally. Hardware, hardware, hardware. I get the Too Many Cards error way too often and wish my Pre had more RAM like the Plus. I am not going back to Verizon for one so since the Evo is coming to Sprint, I admit I am interested even though WebOS is amazing. My headphone jack gets messed up all the time too. If Palm released a better phone with great hardware, I would never leave WebOS. I am sad I have to reboot every time I want to play The Sims or Shrek Cart and it ultimately leads me to not play anymore. So 3d gaming on the Pre is great but when I get so irritated trying to open the games, it really doesn't even matter that I have them since I can't play them.
    Quote Originally Posted by donb123 View Post
    go to youtube and check it out nice reveiws
    No need....i followed the live blog on Engadget when Hesse announced it. If Palm doesn't come through with something comparable....i'll probably consider it or an iPhone 4 if it comes to Sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by keri2000 View Post
    I have a launch day Pre as well, but not for long because my center button is freaking out on me. The Evo looks compelling to me because the hardware is awesome, both internally and externally. Hardware, hardware, hardware. I get the Too Many Cards error way too often and wish my Pre had more RAM like the Plus. I am not going back to Verizon for one so since the Evo is coming to Sprint, I admit I am interested even though WebOS is amazing. My headphone jack gets messed up all the time too. If Palm released a better phone with great hardware, I would never leave WebOS. I am sad I have to reboot every time I want to play The Sims or Shrek Cart and it ultimately leads me to not play anymore. So 3d gaming on the Pre is great but when I get so irritated trying to open the games, it really doesn't even matter that I have them since I can't play them.
    yes, i've had the same issues, headphone jack messes up, reboot to play 3D games... i guess it is all about the hardware.

my guess is Palm is going to wait too long until it is hurting for customers, and then try to make up for it.

Come on Palm! don't wait until we are completly unsatisfied with the Pre and WebOS.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    No need....i followed the live blog on Engadget when Hesse announced it. If Palm doesn't come through with something comparable....i'll probably consider it or an iPhone 4 if it comes to Sprint
    Being a Sprint Premier customer rocks. I figure by the time the iPhone makes it's way to Sprint, I'll have the Evo for one year and be eligible to choose next June which platform I want. If Palm turns out some sweet harware, I may get one again, or maybe stay with Android if I get the Evo, or see how Windows Phone 7 looks, or check out the iPhone! It should be some sweet competition in the next 6-18 months!
    Being a Sprint Premier customer rocks. I figure by the time the iPhone makes it's way to Sprint, I'll have the Evo for one year and be eligible to choose next June which platform I want. If Palm turns out some sweet harware, I may get one again, or maybe stay with Android if I get the Evo, or see how Windows Phone 7 looks, or check out the iPhone! It should be some sweet competition in the next 6-18 months!

you are not kidding, this would be some sweet serious competition. however i will never choose an iPhone. i am kind of interested as well on the Windows Phone 7 tho.... it looks pretty amazing, tho i've read it cannot handle multitasking and being a Pre owner, i will never downgrade to a phone that only handles one task at the time.
    I can NOT wait for the Evo....
    Me too. Same launch day Pre. I even dropped it once from about five feeet onto a concrete driveway. Still ticking. And mycenter buton and phone jack are fine.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    not gonna steal me. Nothing but great stuff since I got my pre,,no issues what so ever. I know the next palm device will be just as good or most likly better then the new htc. People are so quick and impatient to jump ship at the drop of a dime, not me. Sometimes the grass is not greener on the other side.
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    Me too. Same launch day Pre. I even dropped it once from about five feeet onto a concrete driveway. Still ticking. And mycenter buton and phone jack are fine.
    Still ticking? Are they supposed to? Left out again. Mine only creaks every once in a while.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    Still ticking? Are they supposed to? Left out again. Mine only creaks every once in a while.
    You don't have the ticking patch? If you do get it, just make sure you remove it before trying to board aflight...
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    not gonna steal me. Nothing but great stuff since I got my pre,,no issues what so ever. I know the next palm device will be just as good or most likly better then the new htc. People are so quick and impatient to jump ship at the drop of a dime, not me. Sometimes the grass is not greener on the other side.
    i wish i had a Palm device with no issues. When my pre works, it works great, but then the bugs start to appear and here i am on my 5th Pre!. so i have been patient, dealing with the bugs, and waiting for better updates.

and the funy things is, i am not one to be installing patches or tweaks, the phones i've had have been all stock. so i don't get it. how come some people still have Launch day Pre's!. what has set them apart? has it been the tweaks, the patches?

all i want to know is if the Evo will impress me just as much as the Pre has. there is a reason for me to wait and be patent with Palm and that is Webos, it's pretty amazing. but if the Evo has fewer bugs, responds faster, and above all a developer team that listens to the public; i will more than likely give a try to the evo.

but back to the topic... so far what do we like and dislike about the Evo?
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    I often wonder why so many people are like that. They always have to have the new toy, no matter what it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by jorgesicas View Post

but back to the topic... so far what do we like and dislike about the Evo?
    it's looking really good to me. im going to look at the HTC HD2 this weekend. it's suppose to be the same size as the EVO.
    HTC EVO 4G
    ROOTED
    CM6 ROM
    50FPS
    40mflops
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    I often wonder why so many people are like that. They always have to have the new toy, no matter what it is.
    yea, that's why we are all clamoring for the new blackberry and the motorola backflip, because we have to have the new toy no matter what.

or, maybe we recognize that a device like the evo is twice the phone that the pre is (hardware wise) and that there's not even any guarantee that palm will ever release another device before they run out of cash