View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 2 of 182 FirstFirst 12345671252102 ... LastLast
    What would I rather have a kickstand or a keyboard... hmm let me think.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    I'm too addicted to webOS.

The dumbest purchase I ever made was for an Archos 605 wifi 160GB with the DVR station. It had top of the line specs but a terrible UI. Not only that, It was obsolete about a month after I bought it. Archos offer no update or support whenever when they came out with a new device. My Archos has been setting in my cabinet for almost three years.

This is exactly how I feel about Android devices. When the next device comes out, which is usually a month apart, you're left out to dry.

WebOS for me now, tomorrow, and till...
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by freeridstylee View Post
    It depends on price of phone/service cost.
    Yes. The phone is dual mode 3g/4g phone. When 4g isn't available it defaults to Sprint's 3g network.
    Quote Originally Posted by m3grady2 View Post
    This phone is a beast. I'm leaning towards getting one in June. But i love webos
    so i'll be waiting and hoping palm comes out with some new hardware similar to this on sprint.
    Otherwise hello evo 4g.
    I'm thinking the same way. I'll probably switch, unless Palm has an awesome new device in the summer, or unless Sprint tacks on extra 4g fees to my plan.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    yes hardware is amazing...yes 4g is awesome...but im too in love with webOS and have never liked android so no to Evo
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Definitely switching. I use a Droid Eris at work, so I've gotten over my qualms about not having a physical keyboard.
    If only it had some flame decals to go with the kickstand, then I would be sold.
    heres the thing though guys android may always come out with different devices but get this as of right now and maybe for the rest of this year sprint is the only carrier with 4g!!! and so no matter what other android phones carriers will release they wont offer 4g so i can honestly say this phone will have something most android phones wont have this year, oh and first android phone in the US to offer video calling capabilities, i mean sprint really thought about getting a phone that would be a tough competition for Verizon and iphone. These specs are pretty satisfying. I can see myself satisfied with this phone for at least a good year to 2 years. I mean really, 1 ghz processor, i mean people are already over clocking that same precessor thats in the nexus one, so you can always over clock it if your not happy with the speed, but id be happy with 1ghz over my pre's 600mhz. a high res. 4.3" capacitive display, huge screen real estate,512 ram internal 1gb of memory, plus and sd card slot expandable to 32 gigs. multi touch screen, 8mp camera(capable of 720p Hi-Def video recording), 1.3 mp camera in front for video calling/chat, a kickstand, and on top of that 4g? I mean you can't deny that this phone is a game changer.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    i hear ya, but to me, none of the slider keyboards have been impressive in the least.

in the videos, the reviewer was having about as many typing errors as i do on my Pre.
    I could have typed that on my pre in about 1/3 the time.
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    No keyboard and way too big! No way.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    This looks like a sweet device, as long as there is not too much embellishment in the review here. Looking forward to testing it out once it hits the market. Though I love my Pre and would be reluctant to jump ship, with all the features on this phone, it is defiantly worth a close inspection.
    I liked the phone when I watched the video, but then I saw the clumsiness that is Android......no thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    I could have typed that on my pre in about 1/3 the time.
    shrug.

thats fine.

once i adjusted the screen on my first gen Storm i had no problems typing on a touch screen.

it CAN be done right. and im not saying everyone must adopt that, but in the EVO's case, people might be missing out on a lot more of the experience by automatically crossing it off of their list because of the lack of a physical keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    One thing for sure the virtual keys on the EVO are about twice the size of the "real" keys on my Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by olidie View Post
    The dumbest purchase I ever made was for an Archos 605 wifi 160GB with the DVR station. It had top of the line specs but a terrible UI. Not only that, It was obsolete about a month after I bought it. Archos offer no update or support whenever when they came out with a new device. My Archos has been setting in my cabinet for almost three years.

This is exactly how I feel about Android devices. When the next device comes out, which is usually a month apart, you're left out to dry.
    for the ui, android is pretty good, and android w/ htc sense ui is really good. not as slick as web os overall, but pretty good nonetheless (and better in some ways- multiple homescreens w/ desktop widgets for example).

regarding updates it hasn't *needed* as many as webos as it hasn't had to "catch up" in functionality as much (video for example) and it's had a more open development environment to begin with. not to mention that android phones *do* get updated (htc hero has had one otc update, and will be updated to android 2.1 soon).

edit: the two phones on my account are htc hero and palm pre, fwiw.
    Too large in size and no keyboard = no sale most likely. I might be tempted if 4G goes live in my area, though.
    With hope, I will switch to 4G when Palm comes out with it. I keep watching the C40. Think about it. WebOS multitasking with wireless-over the air multitasking, WOW! Ya' never know.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    no for me bc its too big and it has android
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by jrcbandit View Post
    Too large in size and no keyboard = no sale most likely. I might be tempted if 4G goes live in my area, though.
    too large how? it's not much wider and longer than an iPhone and it's pretty much ALL screen compared to the iPhone and its bezel.