View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 19 of 182 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223242969119 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bdog421 View Post
    That evo is giant and the pre is as big as a pocket smartphone can be, any bigger is pushing pocketable.
    Here's where we're headed

Does the iPad Make Man Purses Okay Now? - Ipad bag - Gizmodo
    Quote Originally Posted by kqnjml View Post
    Isn't it the about the same size as an iphone?
    Here's all three.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    August 2009 - January 2011. Thank god I'm no longer a Pre user!

Width of the iphone and the EVO are about the same. Just taller and better use of realestate on the EVO.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

I'm waiting for specs on the battery life (4G and EVDO). Not to mention the video camera, etc.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Funny thing is that it is not even a killer feature of the EVO. Every Android 2.1 phone with Sense UI has that function.

-Sprint Hero
    -Droid Eris
    -HTC Hero
    -Desire
    -Legend
    -EVO

Not sure what they are talking about.

Will also take this moment to say I wish I would've stayed with the Sprint Hero...
    I played with the HD2 the other day and honestly, it feels and fit much nicer in my pocket than the Pre. I'd take a slightly _larger_ device with a much slimmer form-factor versus a smaller device but thicker form-factor.
    Is the Evo the new 4g phone?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Is the Evo the new 4g phone?
    Yes.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

I can't wait for this phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by DAlcatraz View Post
    No. iphone has a 3.5 inch screen while the Evo is 4.3. Waaay bigger.
    But it is closer to the edges. Honestly, if I wanted a big screen, I would go NO bigger than the Nexus One. But, I think the Pre is perfect.
    What an awesome screen.
    Every time I see that thing I get this image in my head of who it is that would need a phone that huge....God rest his soul.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    If you do some simple calculations you will see that in terms of volume the EVO is about the same as the Palm Pre:

...............Height Width Thickness Volume
    Palm Pixi 4.37 2.17 0.43 4.08
    Apple 3GS 4.50 2.40 0.48 5.18
    Palm Pre 3.96 2.34 0.67 6.21
    HTC EVO 4.80 2.60 0.50 6.24

The Pixi is really teeny weeny.
    Pilot Pro -> Pilot Vx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Pre -> Pixi Plus -> Pre2 + TouchPad -> BB 9930 -> Pre3+ Playbook
    Verizon -> Cingular -> ATT -> Sprint -> Verizon -> ATT
    Have any of you seen an HD2 in person? that thing is freakin huge, and the EVO is the same size. for me its definatly not pokectable unless you only ware cargo pants. To me, the iPhone/Nokia e71x/Blackjack sizes are perfect for smart phones, any bigger than that and I'm not really interested.
    Whoa.
    i think it will fit in my pockets. though i'll have to test it when it comes off. And i wear straight leg levi's and of cargo shorts in the summer.
    i am just tired of all the instability of the Pre and WebOs... what is it, hardware, software... both?

is the Evo a serious contender to steal Pre users? i know i would never switch a pre for an iPhone, but i am having my doubts about keeping the Pre and going with the Evo...

Not too fmailiar with the Evo, but that's why i made this thread, to post everything we know so far; good and bad..

as of today, the Evo sounds like the smartphone to beat, serious contender to defeat the iPhone, but that was said about the Pre too...

what is Palm going to have to do to compete against such awaited phone?
    the evo is not just a step up, it is a LEAP forward in the hardware world. The true capabilities of that phone and futute like it still needs to be developed.
    palm needs a phone w similar hardware or they will lose out. Give it a year and things are really gunna be pretty. On the software side, OS's are just gunna better as time goes on, that's inevitable.

I will get the evo if palm doesn't announce something worthy soon.

on a side note, have you done the 800mhz overclock? Brings a new life to the pre for sure, not as depressing
    i haven't had a working phone for about a week! i have gone thru 3 phones in a matter of days, all Pres with different issues that make them inoperable. 1st, there was the keyboard issue, completely useless; 2nd (replacement) the touchscreen was unresponsive; 3rd (replacement) when i am trying to do the initial set up of this refurb, i get an error message that says "your phone has experiences an error that cannot be resolved"... so to answer your question, no i have not installed the 800mhz patch.

it is a bit frustating, and i do not know where the problem for Palm is starting at. i understand that phones break and they get refurbished, but is there a quality control system in place? do they just recycle these "refurbs" thru their partners and hope customer just settle for mediocre products?

i love the pre, but they are seriously loosing me to the EVO, i just hope the Evo is more stable than the Pre.
    Virtual Keyboard is a deal breaker for me, my launch day Pre is still working great and not willing to give up webOS, think I am gonna wait to see what the next Palm device is going to be.