View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 182 of 182 FirstFirst ... 82132172177178179180181182
Results 3,621 to 3,633 of 3633
    Played with the evo shift at local Radio Shack. Liked the keyboard but thought screen size too small for me now that I am used to the evo. Smaller than the epic and i think that would have been a better size myself.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    My Pre (minus) is starting to have radio problems (breaking up / crackling) that's been getting worse and worse. I was launch day Pre, so I am way past my upgrade eligibility. I know in my heart that on Feb 9, HPalm will announce some great hardware, but I know that it will not be available until months later (June?). Two years later . My Pre is a corporate liable phone, so I went ahead and placed my upgrade request for an EVO on Friday. Really, really disappointed in HP and Palm, I so wanted them to come through for us. I think I will miss my touchstones the most.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    Played with the evo shift at local Radio Shack. Liked the keyboard but thought screen size too small for me now that I am used to the evo. Smaller than the epic and i think that would have been a better size myself.
    Totally agree after playing with one today and my EVO in the other hand. The Shift screen seems too small after now I am used to the EVO. The slides very sticky compared to my two prior Touch Pro2's and overall the Shift keyboard is not what I expected. The TP2 keyboard would have been a much better design for this new one. Keep in mind that the on-screen kb on the Shift will be harder to use than the EVO due to the smaller more narrow screen in portrait view. I am keeping the EVO for sure and it continues to impress me.

I do hope HP shows some mode devices at MWC and their event in Feb so that when my annual upgrade comes I will see about anotjer switch from EVO in Dec.

Until then, happily rocking the EVO.
    Has anyone traded a Pre for an Evo Shift? (Not just checked out the Shift after using the slab Evo.) I'm really interested in a comparison. I will wait until Feb 9th to see what HP has to offer on Sprint, but I'm pessimistic, and I'd like a more responsive phone. The Evo Shift is one of the obvious choices.

How does it feel to go from portrait to landscape? How is the keyboard? How responsive/sensitive is the screen?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzlegal View Post
    Has anyone traded a Pre for an Evo Shift? (Not just checked out the Shift after using the slab Evo.) I'm really interested in a comparison. I will wait until Feb 9th to see what HP has to offer on Sprint, but I'm pessimistic, and I'd like a more responsive phone. The Evo Shift is one of the obvious choices.

How does it feel to go from portrait to landscape? How is the keyboard? How responsive/sensitive is the screen?

Thanks!

If you like the vertical keyboard and HP/Palm doesn't produce, i would actually suggest you try the evo classic. I've played with them and I just don't care for landscape keyboards. Im using swiftkey on the evo and find Its acutally easier and more accurate both one and two handed than the pre. give it 30 days and see.
    I agree. I'm really digging the swype keyboard. I hate landscape keyboards. Just made the switch to Evo last week, and I have to say I'm not really missing my pre that much. Seriously, what good is multitasking when the hardware just can't keep up? I did buy my Evo off contract though and I'll be returning to webos if the Pre 3 gets good reviews.
    Not sure if you're in a 4g area or not, but with zero mention of 4g, there's no way I'd pay $120 more per year for a 3g only phone.
    The price increase is across all smart phones now.
    exactly. so why pay that extra $10 for a phone that doesn't have 4g? I want the most for my money, and if I have to pay that $10 premium, I might as well have a 4g phone to completely take advantage of it.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  10.    #3630  
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    Not sure if you're in a 4g area or not, but with zero mention of 4g, there's no way I'd pay $120 more per year for a 3g only phone.
    The $10 a month is basically for unlimited data on all new Sprint smartphones whether they have 4G or not. But Sprint users are finding 4G in twice as many markets as have been announced. See the real 4G map.

The minimum 10% Sprint EVP Discount is really more like 18% to 28% for most still making Sprint the cheapest.

Sprints prices have literally been below cost for many quarters now. Sprint has to be able to charge enough to cover their costs.
    Ugh....I'm not arguing about the charge. I'm just saying if you have to pay it on all smartphones, I'd pick one that best takes advantage of the network and can suck up more bandwidth for my using pleasure.

Before it was a premium charge for "premium" phones. So there was differentiation between BB's, basic android phones and webOS phones compared to the big screened, big processor 4g beasts. People balked at paying the extra $10. The answer was to use a more basic smartphone. Well, since that option is now gone, why would you buy the basic smartphone if your monthly premium is the same as the premium smartphone?

If I can get a dual core, expandable memory 4g android beast for an extra $50 over a 3g Pre3 and pay the same monthly, why would I buy the lesser phone? I want the phone that can do more. I think the sales of basic and 3g only phones will decline in favor for the 4g ones with the new price change. So a 3g only Pre 3 and HtC WP7 phone will have a tougher time taking off than they would if those phones didn't have the $10 chg.

Also take note that $10 charge is not discountable. I save 25% on my bill every month, but that $10 is still $10, not 7.50. Then again, my account isn't subject to the $10 on all smartphones so I really don't care. Only our 4g phones get the charge.
    Personally, I've only turned on the 4g once on my evo. I didn't buy the phone for that. I bought it because my pre was dying, and I can't wait until "the coming months" to find out if Sprint will carry the pre 3. I don't mind paying the extra $10 a month if it means I get to have a top of the line phone that works like it's supposed to. Once the rest of the industry catches up to Apple in the battery longevity department, maybe I'll use 4g a bit more. But if Sprint does get the pre 3, I'll get it for sure whether or not they add 4g. That's why I bought a used evo off contract, to hold me over until then. Sprint is still by far the best deal out there, and the pre 3 will be well worth the extra $.

Sent from my EVO using ~Tapatalk~
  13.    #3633  
    I am un-sticking this thread now that the EVO 3D has been formally introduced. Here is the new stickied thread:

Atrix, Thunderbolt and EVO 3D vs. HP Pre 3 and Veer

In my area, the EVO is still being rationed to the local Sprint stores at about 6 per week. Each week they build a waiting list and call the next batch. Rumor is that the EVO 3D will hit the first week of June.

Here is how the EVO 3D compares to the original EVO:
    • 960 x 540 px display up from 800 x 480
    • 1730 mAh battery up from 1500
    • 1 GB RAM up from 500 MB
    • 1.2 GHz dual-core Snapdragon CPU up from 1GHz single core
    • Android 2.3.2 Gingerbread - better power management, faster
    • Dual 5 MP rear cameras (3D) the 3D effect is really stunning.
    • records 2D @ 1080p up from 720p
    • Dimensions = 5.0 x 2.6 x .48 inches nearly the same body size
    • DLNA support added in addition to HDMI
    HTC took each of the basic phone specs and improved them, all at once.

Any phone can show the 3D videos or photos that an EVO 3D will shoot. Watch the sample 3D demonstration on your phone. Rotate your phone slightly left or right to look around the sides of the content.
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 03/27/2011 at 09:44 AM.