View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 181 of 182 FirstFirst ... 81131171176177178179180181182 LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,620 of 3633
    Quote Originally Posted by rock9hard View Post
    Ok, so after being totally disappointed with the lack of hardware from Palm and having a near useless Pre that was worn to death and many function not working at all I was forced to get an EVO.

I'm now kicking myself for not having done this months ago. This phone, the form factor, the quality, the OS, the apps, the battery life, the functionality all BLOW THE PALM AWAY in every respect. It's blazingly fast and google maps and other aps open INSTANTLY. (and I have overclocked my pre too!)....combine this with the google navigation in the phone built into the maps and the speak to find features it's just amazing. Not to mention the countless great apps on it. Forget it, it's not even close. It's not a fair fight at all. It would be like putting a donkey (pre) up against a thoroughbred. Laughable.

Let's not forget to mention the gmail application for Android is insanely simple, intuitive, and blazingly fast. No more lag , no more waiting and waiting for my messages to slowly open or load or delete, it's now INSTANT! THANK YOU GOOGLE!

Android is a little harder to navigate around but who cares when it's that much better in every respect (and just getting better) and after a day playing with it the learning curve gets simple. I have no idea what people in this forum are saying about 'hating android'...please people it's far superior in every way!!

The EVO/Android OS is simply amazing and makes the pre overall user experience seem about as outdated as a member's only jacket or my old parachute pants.
    http://www.androidcentral.com/
    Only thing I disigree with is android is hard to navigate. What am i a genius or something? Pretty easy to use. Just like when I got my pre, took me a few days to pretty much have command of. Its a phone, not the space shuttle. To ansewer my own question,,, not a genius,,, more of a dumb a s s then a genius.

Evo-lution
    Don't understand this thread
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    This one is asking for trouble.
    I switched over to the Evo also and I'm happy also. Web OS is great, but HP/Palm needs a good device to compete.
    This is the only phone with and OS that I don't have to play salesman because its selling it self to my friends, family and co workers...something I couldn't do with the Pre and WebOS no matter how I tried.
    <<thread merged>>

Last edited by Cantaffordit; 01/03/2011 at 10:59 PM.
    the merging mod has arrived !!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ,....................... ltm ltm ltm lol
    ĦṔ-ḶřŘṫ-ŦḯŘη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    I guess when you guys try to sell a spring pre and you can't even get 80 nice for it you'll see the importance of standing behind a product that people actually want.
    Just got my Evo 2 days ago and i been messing with it since and I have to say I dont know why I waited 6 months after the launch .. just going to see whats released at CES but I love android still miss palm but I waited too long and couldn't wait anymore.
    --Marvin
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    I picked up an EVO from The Shack on New Years the last day of their trade a phone in for 99.99 Evo offer. I gotta say im impressed and really liking the Evo. I do however miss the REAL multi-tasking features of WebOS and the card feature as well. Didnt know how much I used the gestures untill I cant anymore lol overall the design and fetatures of the Evo are awesome. Me and a friend who still has his Pre+ on Verzion were tlking about how HPalm needs to come out swinging at CES or their own event if thats the route they are taking. I will def go back to WebOS if they come out with hardware like if not better than the EVO
    I gave up waiting and no longer have any interest in Palm products or WebOS.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Specs on the 'HTC Evo Shift'. Sprint rep said it will be available on the 9th and cost will be around $250-300 with a new contract. I will probably go check it out but I am waiting til Feb 9 for HPs announcements before I decide what direction to use my long awaited upgrade..

Sprint Newsroom | HTC EVO Shift™ 4G fact sheet
    Everybody wants some!..
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Specs on the 'HTC Evo Shift'. Sprint rep said it will be available on the 9th and cost will be around $250-300 with a new contract. I will probably go check it out but I am waiting til Feb 9 for HPs announcements before I decide what direction to use my long awaited upgrade..

Sprint Newsroom | HTC EVO Shift™ 4G fact sheet
    It's actually $150 on contract.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    It's actually $150 on contract.
    I thought the quote I got got sounded too high. I'm still not sold on it..
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    I thought the quote I got got sounded too high. I'm still not sold on it..
    Get what ever makes you happy.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    I want a PrEvo!
    ha, the shift looks really nice though. I like the little Evo family....i think Sprint realizes the Evo carries name recognition. I like i can say "this is an HTC Evo" and people actually are like "ohhh nice, how is it?!"
  19.    #3619  
    Radio Shack to sell the Evo Shift 4G three days before Sprint
    That's 1/6/11, tomorrow. So basically an EVO with a keyboard and not so big a screen. And a faster processor, even at 800 MHz because of the CPU design...
  20.    #3620  
    Radio Shack has the EVO Shift in stock and are selling them today (01/06/11):

Twitter / RadioShack: Get your @Sprint HTC EVO S ...

Get your @Sprint HTC EVO Shift 4G at The Shack this Thursday! Cool just got affordable with a $149.99 price tag and NO mail-in rebates.

The EVO is $149 too:
    HTC EVO 4G for Sprint - RadioShack Wireless