View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 172 of 182 FirstFirst ... 72122162167168169170171172173174175176177 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,440 of 3633
    Yea... This new EVO isn't meant to be a successor. It's more of an EVO Lite lol
    The cpu is like the one in the G2. And I believe Thats faster the EVO.
    you guys would be better off with an epic 4g if you want a keyboard. the evo shift is a joke IMO. shouldn't even carry the evo name.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    you guys would be better off with an epic 4g if you want a keyboard. the evo shift is a joke IMO. shouldn't even carry the evo name.
    I'm waiting for CES before I decide which Android phone to get. I'd like to see if there are any new handsets announced.
    Do not mess with Samsung phones. They are so iffy with updates. The EVO shift will be a good phone. I believe it has the same cpu as the G2.
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    The cpu is like the one in the G2. And I believe Thats faster the EVO.
    well you would be wrong in thinking that. not dissing the g2 but it should of came with a faster cpu. i think 1ghz should be an overall standard.
    Do not mess with Samsung phones. They are so iffy with updates. The EVO shift will be a good phone. I believe it has the same cpu as the G2.
    i agree development is slow on samsung but the devs at xda usually take care of us before samsung does. the epic is a solid phone. im not dissing the evo shift but it will not be anywhere near the evo in terms of speed and sexiness.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    I have a friend at work who tells me that a new EVO is coming out soon that has a physical keyboard like the Epic does.

Does anyone know whether that's true?
    i think the shift would do better if it didn't require the 4g add on fee. that's the number one complaint from evo & epic users. 4g just isn't fully ready yet. ive yet to use 4g on my evo because i do not have it where i live but i still have to pay that coolness fee.
    well you would be wrong in thinking that. not dissing the g2 but it should of came with a faster cpu. i think 1ghz should be an overall standard.
    But isn't the cpu on the G2 newer and more efficient than the EVO? Making clocking it at 1ghz not relevant.
    But isn't the cpu on the G2 newer and more efficient than the EVO? Making clocking it at 1ghz not relevant.
    im not sure, it may be a lower end dual core. IMO the evo & epic perform better than the g2 but you get better battery life on the g2. see the trade off now.
    im not sure, it may be a lower end dual core. IMO the evo & epic perform better than the g2 but you get better battery life on the g2. see the trade off now.
    Yea. I see. But I would stick to htc. But maybe its because I had a bad experience with samsung.
    Yea. I see. But I would stick to htc. But maybe its because I had a bad experience with samsung.
    the moment was a horrid phone, that's why sprint stopped selling it. also the hero was a crap phone at launch. i can tell you the epic is by far better than the moment was. it's actually a faster and better looking phone than the evo.
    the G2 has a newer generation processor. The GHz number alone is not a reliable measurement of performance. Kinda like cameras and megapixels
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Though I can't seem to find it, I've heard on Engadget's podcast that the chip used in the G2 could accomplish as much as a 1 gig processor, despite being clocked at a lower number. Their review was the closest thing I could find on it, and they felt it performed as well as any other high end android device. If the Shift uses the same chip, it'll perform just as well while using less battery in the process.

T-Mobile G2 review -- Engadget
    i've had the EVO since launch day and i can't wait to get rid of it. I feel like i'm the only one who isnt obsessed with it and android
    the moment was a horrid phone, that's why sprint stopped selling it.
    I don't think the Intercept is any better than the Moment. My daughter has an Intercept and I'm not at all impressed with it.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    the moment was a horrid phone, that's why sprint stopped selling it. also the hero was a crap phone at launch. i can tell you the epic is by far better than the moment was. it's actually a faster and better looking phone than the evo.
    The EVO may not win any beauty contests, but it'll never let you down.
    You are so right.never thought I could go no physical keyboard. Now I never want one again.no moving parts is so nice.a screen any bigger would be to big,a screen any smaller would be to small.whenever I am with family I am constantly amazing them with my evo.no matter how hard I tried I could not get them to care less with my pre.

Sent using taptalk.
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    You are so right.never thought I could go no physical keyboard. Now I never want one again.no moving parts is so nice.a screen any bigger would be to big,a screen any smaller would be to small.whenever I am with family I am constantly amazing them with my evo.no matter how hard I tried I could not get them to care less with my pre.

Sent using taptalk.
    Quote Originally Posted by ••dbdoinit View Post
    The EVO may not win any beauty contests, but it'll never let you down.
    i hear ya, i do love my evo but i still think the epic is better looking. especially the lcd.