View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 171 of 182 FirstFirst ... 71121161166167168169170171172173174175176181 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,420 of 3633
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    I have a galaxy tab.

I think webOS still wins.

the advantages of android, as far as my situation goes, are

firefox mobile, opera mobile, skyfire
    edit word document (Doc to go)
    smoother
    more apps in general

the bad things of android

multi-tasking still sucks, probably worst right now
    no swiping gesture
    front camera is not well utilized

I still haven't found a good podcast app on android as good as Dr. Podder, i have dogcatcher now, which kept deleting downloaded files once its removed from server. This sucks. I want to keep all those files!.
    BeyondPod is your friend:
    BeyondPod Podcast Manager - Android app on AppBrain

Google listen is also good (if not simple)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    BeyondPod is your friend:
    BeyondPod Podcast Manager - Android app on AppBrain

Google listen is also good (if not simple)
    I was gonna say Beyondpod as well!
    If Palm does not announce a new phone at CES that meets the specs of an EPIC or EVO, will probably switch, athough I keep going back and forth between the two.

Even if they do announce something I am going to be cautious. How many times does the FIRST version of something like visual voicemail, voice to text, voice commands, flash integration, etc work out? For Android they will be far past the first versions of all of this having worked out the bugs and on to new things while the new Palm phones will be dealing with the unavoidable issues that will come with all of the new features we want.

What is actually amazing is how long the EVO has been out for it to still be a top tier device. Reminds me of my Treo 650 and how long it was far above everything else out there. Took almost 2 years for others to catch up. The Pre was a good phone (quality control issues notwithstanding) but it was passed by very very quickly by phones with more and better features. Web OS is still a great OS and would be far better than Android or even Iphone IF it had been put on a device like the EVO or EPIC.

Was at the Sprint store over the weekend and chatted with a tech about the Pre. He had no real information of course, but said that all the techs really prefer webOS over all the other systems and all HOPE that Sprint will carry the next-gen Palm phone. All the while I was there they probably sold a dozen EVOs and a couple EPICS and a lot of lower tiered Android phones. From my brief observation of this very busy corporate store, except for someone looking for a free phone, everything they were selling was Android.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Hurts to say but I tried to stick it out but I can't do it anymore. I'm buying a evo friday cash and I'm selling the pre, I like palm but I don't see any progress at all in improving the phone. The youtube app is horrible, the slowness and other features of the phone are lacking.

my original pre was to just let it break and get tep to upgrade me but I can't wait any longer, the multitasking s nice but what about the apps and the speed of the phone?

I'm rooting for hpalm but they're in a heap of a hole.
    I sold my Pre when i could get the most money for it...sold it with the touchstone for $125. I can easily buy a future webos phone....no need to hold on to one just to be a fan.

They have some catching up to do....i can be patient but i'll wait with a phone that services my needs now.
    I'm actually holding on to my pre. I use it now as my home phone running the new google voice app. So it's a bedside clock and home phone. I don't have a home phone anymore. My faxing is done with ringcentral and my printer/scanner or just direct from the pc. So keeping the Pre around with google voice just to have a home phone seems pretty reasonable. It's always on wifi and can keep it charged on a the two touchstones I have. Plus i get to keep abreast of updates, new apps and such since I have two sales reps still using Pixis. And that is two of the twenty or so. Four are on BB and the rest are on Android. Two with Evos and the rest on the Epic (including me) or migrating to it from the Moment. It's just night and day right now. And with developers losing interest in webOS, Palm needs to start paying these guys to keep up with it (like epocrates and quick office) so their new hardware has the basic core of apps many need. Fluff is great, but I need my phone for the up-time, not my downtime.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    hey guys, if you have the evo defender otterbox how do you like it? I found a evo for 300 and I need a case for it but I hear it's big.
    All I got to say is this is absolutely the best phone I've had so far and I hope htc and Sprint does and encore. Since going on my Xmas vacation from Honolulu to to my hometown(city) NYC I've ran in to lots of Evo owners starting with the guy sitting next to me on the plane to someone sitting next me on a bus...they are everywhere in the big Apple. I owned a Pre for a year and dumped it for the Evo on launch day and still to this day I personally haven't seen one Pre in the wild. It's sad that Honolulu had 4g well before NYC and it took a trip to the Apple to get my first experience with 4g which works very well. I personally couldn't get a 4g signal in hawaii but i'll keep trying...maybe President Obama got one.
  9.    #3409  
    Quote Originally Posted by delta7 View Post
    hey guys, if you have the evo defender otterbox how do you like it? I found a evo for 300 and I need a case for it but I hear it's big.
    I love the Innocase II. It is only 1 mm thick.
    i've used my brother's Evo for the first time for an extended period of time over this holiday. I have to say this thing is awesome.

the app catalog. wow! no contest compared to webos. there are plain and simple jsut way way way more useful apps.

voice search/voice text - well there's a thread that just type is obselete. i wouldn't say obselete but i think it's irrelevant. I spoke "Navigate to airport" and it launches the navigation app, plots the route to the airport. a lot faster then typing anything. Just type just doesn't compare to voice searching, voice commands

features, from the camera, to the video camera, to the options. music player sucks though. Doesn't hold a candle to an ipod. but winamp app shows some promise. still strikes me as a bit illogical but i couldn't really test it cause he didn't have much music on it.

it also trounced my pre in terms of reception and usability when i'm the boonies. i'm in some southern town without great coverage. my gps was useless. couldn't find my car. theirs was perfect while sitting in the same car. I could totally totally live with android. I don't like the htc widgets but overall the user interface isn't perfect but i'd easily be happy with it since there are apps and it looks nice. but a very very impressive phone. sorry the Pre and Pre 2, my opinion, aren't even in the conversation compared to what they are offering.
    I just traded in my launch day Pre for the Evo, my Pre was dying and I wanted to take advantage of the RadioShak offer.

Any users who switched to the Evo and rooted? I am having problems finding the correct info on how to do so.
    You'll have better luck getting info over at the Android Central forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    You'll have better luck getting info over at the Android Central forums.
    You would think so! I tried.
    Quote Originally Posted by htabbach View Post
    Is this forum area incomplete?
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by htabbach View Post
    Are you saying that in the HTC EVO 4G ROMs/Hacks forum at Android Central not one of the hundreds of posts dedicated to rooting and replacing ROMs was any help to you? I don't have an EVO, but the thread Rooting How To, Themes and Benchmark threads had some pretty clear instructions in it.
    I have a friend at work who tells me that a new EVO is coming out soon that has a physical keyboard like the Epic does.

Does anyone know whether that's true?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Yea, I saw some pics of it somewhere. Looks kinda cool...

I'll look for a link.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

800 MHz? That certainly sounds like a step backwards.....
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)