View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 170 of 182 FirstFirst ... 70120160165166167168169170171172173174175180 ... LastLast
Results 3,381 to 3,400 of 3633
    Yes,dolphin,have it and love it.also,just ordered case,forgot name,the one that adds just about no bulk and has lens protection for camera. I also just ordered a mugan 1800 battery. Read all the reviews on it and sounds like its well worth the 40 bucks.need an extra battery anyway,only makes sense to get this one.

set using tap talk
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    Yes,dolphin,have it and love it.also,just ordered case,forgot name,the one that adds just about no bulk and has lens protection for camera. I also just ordered a mugan 1800 battery. Read all the reviews on it and sounds like its well worth the 40 bucks.need an extra battery anyway,only makes sense to get this one.

set using tap talk
    Should of looked at one this because you get two for the price of one with a charger and it also has good reviews.

Amazon.com: Sprint HTC EVO 4G 2x1800 mAh Battery Longer life than OEM+ Wall Travel Dock USB Charger also for Verizon Incredible Droid Touch Pro2 My Touch Slide: Cell Phones & Accessories
    Hey I was thinking of switching to the Evo or Epic, I love the Pre and what it has done for me, however I just purchased my girl a new Epic and that phone is pretty damn sweet.

I just want some opinions on switching because I am very hesitant (because I am a huge Pre fan)

Should I switch? Should I wait to see whats in the near future for Sprint? etc....

Any input is greatly appreciated!
    I would at least wait until CES (beginning of Jan 2011) to see if HPalm announces anything awesome. However, even if they announce a great new phone, it'll still be a while before it's actually released. If you really want a new phone right now, then an Epic or Evo would be a great choice.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    But if you are going to switch,I like having no moving parts with the evo. Most solid device I have ever held.

Sent using taptalk.
    Look under my avatar.
    I moved from the Pre to the EVO. My thoughts:

• The Evo is a solid, solid phone. From a hardware perspective, love it.
    • My upgrade window allowed me to choose between the EVO and Epic. The Epic's screen was tempting, but after owning a Pre I wanted no moving parts i.e. sliders.
    • Onscreen keyboards are here to stay. Find a keyboard you are comfortable with and you will never look back. I use swiftkeys, but when Swype gets out of beta I'm all over it. Loved it before my beta version expired.
    • My opinion is don't let 4G entice you over the Pre. It is fast, but it eats a battery up. I rarely use it. 3G is still fast enough for the most part.
    • Android OS has alot to offer. However, it still does not stack up to the seemless integration of WebOS.
    • Love the wealth of apps and the power of Android OS, but again a bit clunky compared to WebOS.
    • Gave my wife my Pre. She loves it! Now she is at the end of her contract and I don't think I can pull her away from the Pre. Hoping the Pre2 hits Sprint.

Hope some of this helps.
    Wait until next year because even if you don't like Hp new phone the epic and evo going to be 6 month old phones.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    I'd wait till CES personally there will be some super nice android device being announced / released.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Agreed, if you're not in a big hurry, CES is right around the corner and see what HPalm brings out, then decide if you want to make the jump. You don't want to make the switch now and regret not waiting. The Evo will always be there but it really is up to you. If you need it now, go for it.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    People that say wait until CES it still could three to six months until those devices are out. I know apple makes an announcement and the phones are out the same day but has hp palm showed any urgency to release new products quickly. Get a new phone, in a year come back to palm. Sprint might not even get a new palm product.
    Yeah, I'd have to say if issues w/the Pre are getting on your nerves, switch to the Evo. I switched, and once I got over the loss of the hardware keyboard (which took a couple of weeks, I guess), I haven't really missed the Pre that much. The web browsing experience is far, far superior...and I use that feature a lot. Just be ready for a slightly painful transition period w the keyboard and the less intuitive OS.
    I switched to the Evo from the Pre about 2months ago. It was a tough choice but I have to admit I don't miss the Pre that much. WebOS is great, and some things are definitely more intuitive but the Evo is much sturdier, faster and overall a nicer phone. I'm hoping HP brings something out next year that compares but for now I don't regret my decision at all.
    Thanks everyone for ur input, I think Im gonna hold out for a little while, but Im not 100%
    Quote Originally Posted by JGLMT View Post
    Thanks everyone for ur input, I think Im gonna hold out for a little while, but Im not 100%
    Yep, that's my game plan too. Holdout until CES or some deal that pops up that is too good to pass up.
    I would hold out for a while longer...
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    My Evo gets better & better the more I use it. I was a huge fan of Palm/Pre/WebOS/etc... I held out for Palm, waiting & waiting and got nothing. I figured I'd just get the Evo until Palm release a device and I would go back... That's not the case now. I had no idea of how great the Evo really is. Until I got my Evo, I had no idea of how behind the curb my Pre was. I'll never go back to Palm. I honestly don't think that they can catch up.
    How can they not catch up? Of course they can. This isnt some measurement that because someone has a head start it isnt possible. With HP behind it hardware should not be an issue of catching up. The OS is ahead imo. Apps will come with time and again with HP behind it all now there should be no problem.
    Simply put... Palm needs to move faster... They have already lost alot of their loyal customer base taking forever... Just like bizzy72.. If they had some new hardware they could have kept him/her.. But they didnt, so another one gone and it doesnt look like they are looking back.. Android now is up to 300,000 Activations a day, we all know the iphone gets it done, and now windows 7... Its gonna be even worse playing catch up now... If I wasent into customization I might have even looked into windows 7... Looks nice for the first generation but I rather not play that game again... Palm has potential but someone needs to light a match under their rear end..
    Last edited by youngzayiles; 12/09/2010 at 07:18 PM.
    I have a galaxy tab.

I think webOS still wins.

the advantages of android, as far as my situation goes, are

firefox mobile, opera mobile, skyfire
    edit word document (Doc to go)
    smoother
    more apps in general

the bad things of android

multi-tasking still sucks, probably worst right now
    no swiping gesture
    front camera is not well utilized

I still haven't found a good podcast app on android as good as Dr. Podder, i have dogcatcher now, which kept deleting downloaded files once its removed from server. This sucks. I want to keep all those files!.