View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 17 of 182 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021222767117 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    The EVO is an awesome phone. There are a lot of things I like about my Pre but there are also a lot of things I don't like about my Pre. The EVO seems to address all the things I don't like about the Pre. The only way I will stay with Palm is if they release a phone as powerful as the EVO with 4G capabilities and at least a 3.9 inch screen. They have til December when my upgrade is available to make such a phone, otherwise I will be an EVO owner in December.
    I love my Pre!! Now that i think about it.. Do i love my Pre or is just the Webos?
    I would love an HTC Webos device! Wow..
    How many times have you seen the Dr.?..lol
    I'm really interested in a pre 2
    I would be lying if I wasn't at least intrigued at real-world performance of the Evo 4G. Yes, it's bigger but that's not a deal breaker for me. The expandable microSD memory is super-nice. I don't like having less than 16GB of memory. Between music, saved files, photos, and apps...I want lots of memory.
    I barely use my phone as an actual phone. It's an emailing, photo-taking, text messaging, IMing, web-browsing, PDF viewing, and occasional game and phone device to me. I'm not trying to disable a Russian R-36M ICBM from my phone.
    I won't be overly zealous to jump the Palm ship either since I want to see what is in Palm's future development of phones. So IF I jump ship, it'll be because I found a phone that better suits my needs than Palm.
    As of now, there isn't such a phone.
    when my real keyboard crapped out i kinda got less fixated on a physical keyboard.

regardless here's some fast typing on a virtual keyboard
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    Because there are so many threads on how great the EVO is and how bad the Pre is. It is important that people coming to this forum see that not everyone is unhappy with their Pre.
    Yes they do. If they didn't, Sense wouldn't be a big deal. Something simple like IMAP folder support is supperted in stock Android, and I hav to download a replacement program to get it as opposed to just a patch to move emails to folders. There's other things, but I won't be using my moment again until 2.1 comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by redninja View Post
    To be fair, android doesn't need all the patches we do. And with all our patches I think android still has a deeper os than we do. Having said that, I can't leave the card system or form factor, even though I loathe so many things about this pre.
    this isn't a fanb0y forum and it's not our jobs to be cheerleaders. Go to mommy if you want someone to make you feel good about your phone purchase, seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by jc924 View Post
    Because there are so many threads on how great the EVO is and how bad the Pre is. It is important that people coming to this forum see that not everyone is unhappy with their Pre.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I like my pre. but its getting old. still waiting on basic features. Like the evo but how is the battery life. plam pre battery life sucks and we dont know how the evo life is. i hav a zune 80g. sometime i leave it on in my car but the battery life last a day in a half. i know one is a phone the other a mp3. but they still run on a battery. So if palm going to make a better phone please start with the battery. but if plam dont do something soon looks like im going to be a evo fan.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    My primary concern with the EVO (and I know it won't be for others) is the screen's color depth. From what I have read the screen is 16-bit (i.e. 65K colors), although I don;t recall seeing anything official stating that. Although the screen has got very good reviews, 16-bit is an absolute deal breaker for me. It needs to be 24-bit to get serious consideration from me.
    Quote Originally Posted by solarus View Post
    My primary concern with the EVO (and I know it won't be for others) is the screen's color depth. From what I have read the screen is 16-bit (i.e. 65K colors), although I don;t recall seeing anything official stating that. Although the screen has got very good reviews, 16-bit is an absolute deal breaker for me. It needs to be 24-bit to get serious consideration from me.
    Why is that? Is there something you do on your device that requires such precise bpp?
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    I just want the best picture quality available, primarily for wallpaper and vids. To still be stuck with 64k colors, especially on a screen so big isn't something I'm willing to leave my Pre for. If I put a 16MM color pic on my phone I want to see all of the colors I can (~11mm) not a re-rendered version of it.

If plenty of other older phones have 24 24 bit displays why can't the EVO - my understanding is that since 2.1 Android is capable of more than 16-bit so why hold back on what is clearly a great device?

I guess I'm just a perfectionist when it comes to images
    That makes perfect sense and I don't understand why manufacturers cheap on the screens of flagship devices either. I was just wondering if there was an app you used that required optimal color accuracy or something.
    I've had 4 pres now. Everyone keeps freezing and glitching out. I'm personally going to the HTC EVO when it comes out. This phone is insanely awesome!! (going off of the specs)

DOn't get me wrong...I LOVE my pre, but I think its time to move on. I'm sick of having to fight with my phone on a daily basis!
    Is anyone else going to switch?
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Not a chance...Couldn't get me to go to an Android phone if you stole my Pre gave it to me!
    no, i wont get a new phone every year unless I see something extraordinary.

the front camera of EVO is good, but phone its self is too big, no keyboard.

Plus, My pre has been pretty good.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...g-htc-evo.html

Dude..............four threads down from the one you just started. I'm not a "use search" **** or anything, but jeez. Read the first page of the forum at least!
    As of today yes. I am still waiting to see what Palm's next hardware design looks like. They have until July to come up with something better. Don't get me wrong I like WebOS, but the hardware is a little on the cheap side.
    Yes. As soon as I can sweet
    talk the hubby into buying it
    for me.

Not sure why we needed
    another thread like this.
    So, is this the new "Goodbye Pre, I really like you but I have to ditch you" type of thread?