View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 168 of 182 FirstFirst ... 68118158163164165166167168169170171172173178 ... LastLast
Results 3,341 to 3,360 of 3633
    I feel the same, I cannot wait to sign back in to my palm profile on an new device. I hope they announce something at CES and release it soon after, unlike the original Pre launch where we waited months for a release date.
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    I felt the same way but now I don't even know where to find the Palm Pre. I can do so much more with the Android phone phone than I could do with the Pre. I highly doubt I will get another device that runs webos unless a lot has changed.
    Did you have a Pre or a Pre Plus? If I still had my Sprint Pre I would feel the same way, but the Pre Plus I am running on Sprint is a huge improvement over the original. So the upgrade to the Epic wasn't as major.

Don't get me wrong the Epic is an amazing phone. Better than the Evo IMO, but Android really needs some work around usability. That is important to me.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Wow nickdg, i'm surprised you bought an epic4g. I figured you would've waited till ces and if nothing from palm, it would be winpho7. If you don't take it back, i'm sure it's because you got use to it. It was just a little odd for me at first, but still I took to it like a bird takes to the air.

@deihmos, I actually miss that cramped kb and posting here from my pre. I really don't care for the way the epic works when posting in a box, like say here on p|c, it's kind of difficult. I have to use the landscape vkb to have any success. The portrait vkb works wacky and the hard kb is not much different. However I wouldn't want a portrait slide out kb on a phone as large as the epic. I'm sure glad I have three kb's to choose from.
  4. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Wait.. there is no document editing software for the Pre? What? Surely there must be something?
    Quote Originally Posted by sed51329 View Post
    I had a Palm Pre almost from launch day, and switched to an Evo in June.

I miss my Pre.

Most of the applications in the Android market are absolute crap. The android system is really confusing to use, and things are not streamlined like I they should be (I have to go through three menus to turn my screen brightness back to automatic, or through 5 taps to connect to a new Wifi Network because it takes a few minutes for the phone to even notify you) and I have just as many random problems with it as I did my Pre.

To root is confusing, and if you ask questions you have a bunch of stuck up nerds making you feel like you're stupid.

Pre owners, you are envied. I plan on returning when a larger screen HPalm device comes out.

I look forward to that day.
    I'm sorry to hear that. Since the first time I became a member here- I've never felt stupid asking a question. That's why I love this forum. I hope to see you back here (ASAP).

Regards,
  6. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    I loved my Pre. Now I love my Epic.

Sure webOS does some things better. Android does some things better. They both have their pros and cons. It isn't wrong to find lovable qualities and annoying qualities in each.

Each person has to weigh the pros and cons of each against the qualities he finds most valuable. Personally I have decided that the qualities I find most valuable are better exemplified by the Epic at this time despite the fact that my Pre was better at some things. Others may find the Pre better matches their needs despite the fact that the Epic is better at some things.

It's all good. There is no reason to belittle another person's choice.
    I have been in app heaven for 4 days now.apps like my local cable sports station (nesn),and Apps like ESPN ,many fantasy football Apps,taptalk,and many many more apps I did not know exsisted.

set using tap talk
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    I have been in app heaven for 4 days now.apps like my local cable sports station (nesn),and Apps like ESPN ,many fantasy football Apps,taptalk,and many many more apps I did not know exsisted.

set using tap talk
    For the fun of it... I'll be using one of my upgrade to get a EVO. I'm a little curious.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Don't get me wrong the Epic is an amazing phone. Better than the Evo IMO, but Android really needs some work around usability. That is important to me.
    I'm sure Matias Duarte is addressing that as we speak.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Rush and Hatchettjack have went over to the dark side.......I will be now looking to the heavens for the four horsemen. lol
    I did my first video chat last night,pretty darn cool.

set using tap talk
    What service did you use? I keep trying to get friends w iPhone to tango, but no one seems to care enough to try w me. :/

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    its actully good to hear people who have moved on to the EVO and or epic, still respect and enjoyed the Pre while they had it. Of course time changes, and with slow to introduce hardware it made alot of people jump ship. Though Its also good to know that while Palm has lost alot of battles, now with HP behind them, they really do now have a chance to win the war. I myself had a evo with my pre for 4 months, a very nice and capable phone, though the UI for Webos is just perfect for me, so hence wasnt enough for me to pull the trigger and stay with Android. Hopefully some android converts will return if they really liked Webos once they release this new hardware next year enjoy everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    I was quite the homer at one time, the pre was my first smartphone, and it was awesome, but I needed a bigger screen so I moved on... Android I'm finding to be pretty awesome so far. Gotta love all the Dev support. And of course the Google integration. Never thought I liked widgets, now I don't know how I lived without them
    I'm in awe, I can't believe you got a clunky Android device and actually like it.

sfm Evo
    Quote Originally Posted by susanoo26 View Post
    Rush and Hatchettjack have went over to the dark side.......I will be now looking to the heavens for the four horsemen. lol

Don't forget zmann these guys were diehard Pre/WebOS fans and you couldn't tell them anything to change there minds. Anyway guys welcome to the Android army, i'm glad that you guys at least gave it a try.

[quote=Hopefully some android converts will return if they really liked Webos once they release this new hardware next year enjoy everyone.[/QUOTE]

I "liked" WebOS but I won't be returning to any hp/Palm phone in the foreseeable future...if anything i'll be looking forward to CES for a possible Evo 2.

Sfm Evo
    Last edited by kinster02; 11/21/2010 at 03:06 PM.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    Hopefully some android converts will return if they really liked Webos once they release this new hardware next year enjoy everyone.
    I think that is wishful thinking my friend.

While you switched back to the Pre after testing out the EVO, based off my experience, people I know, and the explosion of Andriod users, you are the very rare case. Its going to take more than new hardware to get people to switch back to WebOS. Its going to take a SWEEPING overhaul of everything the way Palm does things. And based off the recent smug, arrogant "be patient, hang in there" commentary by HP/Palm, it looks like business as usual with them. And business as usual with Palm = fail. WebOS 2.0 is a nice software upgrade, but based off what I've seen of it, you still have to homebrew it to still do many of the features Andriod does out the box.
    I will definitely be back as soon as there is a device like this one or better. Android can not hold a candle to webos with multi tasking.

set using tap talk
    Quote Originally Posted by bdog421 View Post
    Wow nickdg, i'm surprised you bought an epic4g. I figured you would've waited till ces and if nothing from palm, it would be winpho7. If you don't take it back, i'm sure it's because you got use to it. It was just a little odd for me at first, but still I took to it like a bird takes to the air.
    My Pre is still my primary line. I didn't replace it. I just wanted to check Android out. There is a lot to like about the Epic, but also a lot to hate. The Epic is still running 2.1 so I have to reserve a lot of judgement, but multitouch is horrible on the Epic, web browsing is annoying, even with the larger screen, battery life isn't much better than my Pre Plus, application management is a hassle, wifi keeps dying and requiring me to turn it on/off for it to work, 3G speeds are faster on my Pre Plus sitting side by side with the Epic, Exchange e-mail keeps spitting back errors about not being able to connect to the server, Exchange calendar items won't update through e-mail because it says the calendar item can't be found, text editing in the browser is hit or miss because the cursor keeps disappearing and the screen following the text entry is buggy, scrolling in the web browser feels unnatural and twitchy, screen taps can be inaccurate, the phone is quite large with the keyboard slider, I can keep going...

The list of things I like is probably just as long, but the negatives might outweigh the positives with this phone. Like I said 2.2 might fix a lot of these problems, but as of now with 2.1 these are the problems I am having.

I need more time to see if I can work these things out or get used to them. I can keep both phones activated and only pay an extra $25 a month. I probably won't do that though.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    I love the way the epic scrolls, like greased lightning. Pinch and tap to zoom is not all that great, but the way it reformats the text to fit the screen makes it a bit moot. I don't do text editing, but posting on websites in a text box is all wacky. I can only use the landscape oskb. The web browser is pretty slow, my pre could render text faster than both my epic and my buds evo. But once I rooted and applied the xda add blocker app and turned off that useless flash beta. The browser is now insanely fast at rendering pages.

My biggest worry about the epic, is samsung and software. I wish they would have just put vanilla android on this thing.

All that said, whenever 2.0 drops for my pre I'm going to reactivate it, update it and use it for a week or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdog421 View Post
    @deihmos, I actually miss that cramped kb and posting here from my pre. I really don't care for the way the epic works when posting in a box, like say here on p|c, it's kind of difficult. I have to use the landscape vkb to have any success. The portrait vkb works wacky and the hard kb is not much different. However I wouldn't want a portrait slide out kb on a phone as large as the epic. I'm sure glad I have three kb's to choose from.
    Do you realize that we have about 18 different OSKs to choose from in the market?

My top three recommendations are:

1- SlideIT
    2- Smart Keyboard
    and then
    3- Ultra Keyboard

There are many people very happy with SwiftKey also.

ALL of these have free trials.