View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 167 of 182 FirstFirst ... 67117157162163164165166167168169170171172177 ... LastLast
Results 3,321 to 3,340 of 3633
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I just picked up the Evo. I love the hardware. I don't miss the keyboard at all. It is hard to get used to Android because I miss the cards but this phone does everything the Pre does and more. I would have put up with the Pre's crappy hardware if it had all the apps I needed. It was the PlM features or lack thereof that finally made me pull the trigger on the Evo. I was never as organized as when I had my Treo 650. Palm moved away from that feature. Ubercalander and Agenda were valiant attempts to recreate some of those features... its just not the same as having them built in. It was a trade off. Clunky OS with great hardware, apps and battery life vs sexy easy to use OS.
    Last edited by vertebra; 11/04/2010 at 02:21 PM. Reason: spelling
    Quote Originally Posted by vertebra View Post
    I just packed up the Evo.
    I take it you meant "picked up"? I thought you were sending it back but the rest of your post says you just moved "to" the Evo. Which is it?
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Sorry, picked not packed. The Evo is a keeper. I did find a new home for my Pre though. I use it as a dedicated Pandora player using WiFi in my office. It now fills the waiting and all the treatment rooms with sweet "muzak".
    Quote Originally Posted by imex99 View Post
    Htc knight/speedy rumor.... [url= Knight called HTC Speedy, launching on January 6th on Sprint? | BGR[/url]
    this is supposed to be a step down from the EVO right? Or at least a lateral move... I was asking if there was any news on something better than the EVO... EVO 2 or what not? I'm also considering moving toward the EVO but waiting for a price drop.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I don't think the specs will get bumped up to much. HTC just released a Evo type phone in Europe and it pretty much has the same specs(newer snapdragon processor running at 1mhz. Plus, you have cupcake being shown on a Nexus 1. T-Mobile'a flagship device is only 800mhz. I think you are pretty safe from being obsolete for at least 6 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    Well, I finally broke down and bought an Evo. What an awesome phone. Loved my pre, but it was time to move on. Finding Android to actually be pretty cool
    I can honestly say I'm shocked.
    Welcome hatchett...i thought you were looking at the Epic?

I think most Pre owners if they give an honest try to top tier android devices will find a lot to like.
    android is the most clunky os i have ever used, those that say different are lying, to justify in their own minds, buying it. webos is ten times easier to use out of the box. i have had my sprint pre for ten months and never had any hardware problems, my music player works great, with no lag. my camera works great.. oh, and lets talk synergy, webos runs circles around android.

in fact, webos is so great, even those that were disgusted by their palm experience, find the need to live on the the pre forums.... spewing their homerisms about android, in hopes of converting palm users, thereby justifying themselves... pretty sad really.... now off to enjoy my pre experience some more.....

toodles...

Well, I finally broke down and bought an Evo. What an awesome phone. Loved my pre, but it was time to move on. Finding Android to actually be pretty cool
    Who says people can't change?
    So I guess this is where all of us from precentral are now, eh? I had to join the evo club too. Quarterly bonus, upgrade eligibility, and third pre popping out all ganged up on me and made me do it.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    Who says people can't change?
    That seems to be the reaction of almost everyone who has moved away from the Pre - they're surprised by just how good Android really is and how it's nothing like what some of the people on this forum make it out to be.
    I was quite the homer at one time, the pre was my first smartphone, and it was awesome, but I needed a bigger screen so I moved on... Android I'm finding to be pretty awesome so far. Gotta love all the Dev support. And of course the Google integration. Never thought I liked widgets, now I don't know how I lived without them
    I hear you. Wigets are great.just got a evo. Also Google voice search IS amazing,just tap and say it,works great.whether it be a location or information. It's amazing.
    I had a Palm Pre almost from launch day, and switched to an Evo in June.

I miss my Pre.

Most of the applications in the Android market are absolute crap. The android system is really confusing to use, and things are not streamlined like I they should be (I have to go through three menus to turn my screen brightness back to automatic, or through 5 taps to connect to a new Wifi Network because it takes a few minutes for the phone to even notify you) and I have just as many random problems with it as I did my Pre.

To root is confusing, and if you ask questions you have a bunch of stuck up nerds making you feel like you're stupid.

Pre owners, you are envied. I plan on returning when a larger screen HPalm device comes out.

I look forward to that day.
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    I have reluctantly switched to an Evo as well (my company bought Evos for everyone and I am expected to use it). I am adapting and it is working for me, but I do miss the Pre. I find the large size inconvenient - I wind up pressing things with my palms (no pun intended) when holding it. I like the Pre form factor. I don't find the large screen that much better and I have old eyes. I don't find it much faster than my 1GHz overclocked Pre. I miss gestures and cards a lot. Some things are better. Google Maps is fantastic on the Evo. I'd have a hard time going back to Google Maps on the Pre. I think I like the notifications on the Evo better than on the Pre. I also like the Gmail threaded conversations, but miss the Pre combined email. Synergy contacts is also better on the Pre.
    To root,

+1 for webos here since you're not supposed do this with Android. I feel I have to spend more time maintain the root on my EVO then doing anything in it. One of MANY reasons why my Pre is still my main even after the EVO and EPIC is out there.
    Last edited by addiarmadar; 11/19/2010 at 05:24 PM.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    my wife has an evo....i refuse to touch the thing because I feel like im using a mac when i touch it haha
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Quote Originally Posted by sed51329 View Post
    I have to go through three menus to turn my screen brightness back to automatic, or through 5 taps to connect to a new Wifi Network because it takes a few minutes for the phone to even notify you
    Sounds like inexperience to me. I can do both of those things (all together) with 3 taps. That's 3 taps to accomplish BOTH actions; not 3 each.

Oh well.
    Last edited by taharka; 11/19/2010 at 09:54 PM.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Well as for rooting the evo...it sucks, all the latest htc devices are nand locked making it a pain. My epic on the other hand is a breeze. In less than a minute I can have root on device(no pc needed)....I love that!! And in less than 5seconds I can unroot. Yeah I still can't swap roms or kernels without clockworkmod installed via pc, but I can still do quite a bit.

All that said i'm liking my epic, but do miss some things from my pre. You can make short cuts in android, but you don't need them in webOS. Multitasking=webOS....the stock email on the epic blows chunks in comparison to webOS, i'm trying k9 now to see if it's any better.
    I am getting the hang of the Ego. I was the biggest Pre fan and still have it very close to me but I think the Android OS is not bad at all. I did not root my phone because I think it does what I want. I may sound crazy but I loved my Pre for the patches. I loved that I had to patch the Pre and customize it just the way I wanted. For me and my sight, a bigger Pre would be awesome.

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

"How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"
    I am on my third day with my evo and I am loving it more and more. I just did my first video call and it was pretty cool.

set using tap talk
    I got an Epic 4G a couple days ago. I am having a hard time adapting to Android, and I am a Systems Engineer. The phone itself is great, but Android is a cluster F compared to webOS.

Like I said it has only been a couple of days so we shall see how I feel in a couple weeks.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo