View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 166 of 182 FirstFirst ... 66116156161162163164165166167168169170171176 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,320 of 3633
    So what time frame are you expecting this?

Next year LTE phones? The only reason i say is because of the original quoted user:
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    I'm glad i'm waiting for the next phone. Just saw on engaget that their tests with LTE while driving around in a car was 90Mbps download! Wimax is 10Mbps. That is an incredible performance gap. Glad I didn't go with Wimax.

And i don't think, in the next 3 years, we will see a phone to achieve that speed.
    I've used the Alarm on my phone whenever traveling and it has yet to fail me. I have however set it incorrectly a couple times and it (obviously) never went off.
    nothing worse than screwing up the am/pm or picking the wrong day.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Yup...has happened to me before.
    i wouldn't buy an evo now, it's close to 6 months old and will be considered outdated by x-mas.

i blame sprint for the shortage of the evos and the price jacking that came about online. no way in heck im going to pay $400+ for a used evo that is close to 6 months old now. even on a upgrade you still have to pay $250. they need to lower the price by about $100 for me to get one.
    Last edited by fixxxer1022; 10/24/2010 at 12:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    i wouldn't buy an evo now, it's close to 6 months old and will be considered outdated by x-mas.

i blame sprint for the shortage of the evos and the price jacking that came about online. no way in heck im going to pay $400+ for a used evo that is close to 6 months old now. even on a upgrade you still have to pay $250. they need to lower the price by about $100 for me to get one.
    You can order an Evo for $180 on Amazon. With that being said, I still find a 6 month Evo more current than the Pre2.
    Quote Originally Posted by deman19901 View Post
    You can order an Evo for $180 on Amazon. With that being said, I still find a 6 month Evo more current than the Pre2.
    they both run at 1ghz... i don't see how it is more current other than the 4g and large screen. some people like myself are happy with the pre and where it is right now. YES of course ill jump ship if palm does not release something nice in 2011. webos 2.0 has my interest atm.
    they both run at 1ghz... i don't see how it is more current other than the 4g and large screen. some people like myself are happy with the pre and where it is right now. YES of course ill jump ship if palm does not release something nice in 2011. webos 2.0 has my interest atm.
    I still like WebOS better than Android. I do not like that the OS is not getting the app developer support as Android and IOS. Apple is Apple. So if they build something the people will come. The thing that makes Android so successful is that many manufactures have jumped on board. I think that is the main thing that is holding WebOS back. One piece of hardware(I really don't include Pixi) that has had it's problems with build quality.
    regardless of what the Pre2 runs at, it's the same tired design with the same small screen. It's a year too late, and it almost seems like a waste to even bring it to market. Even at 1ghz, it's still going to get slammed in reviews for not being a premier phone. It still has no removable storage. Went to a pumpkin carving the other night and took a ton of pics. Put the card in my Epic afterwards and was showing friends at the bar and uploading a few to facebook along with texting a few to others. I can't do that in webOS.

The processor is the only thing it has going for it. Otherwise it's in the same class as an HTC Aria and Samsung Transform. And in 4+ months when Palm comes out with new hardware, many that were waiting for it will have jumped ship to Android or even the iphone on Verizon if that is already out. WebOS is nice, polished and elegant. But 2.0? Wow, I can stack cards...woohoo. Come next year you'll have WP7 on all carriers, Android on all carriers with both phones having many choices in handsets and form factors. Gingerbread will also be bringing more polish to the UI with a big revamp (maybe thanks to a former Palm employee). Verizon will most likely have the iPhone so there's two carriers now with it. That door gets opened wide. I like webOS, but I'm just not seeing the allure even if the hardware is stellar. I still can't edit documents. I still can't do google voice or stock visual voicemail. I don't leave a ton of cards open. I'd rather have widgets on my home screen to give me instant access to the info I need. And on the development side, Android is so far ahead of the game. Microsoft will probably have a lot of developer support as well just because they're Microsoft. Between iPhone, Android and WP7, will webOS be able to get the developer support to really give it the push it needs to stand on the podium with them? No one wants to see them fail, but just reading through the various threads with webOS owners crossing over to Android, they might miss some of the polish of webOS, but it's negated by sheer functionality. And the polish will come.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Actually, the Pixi is just another thing to show how Palm keeps shooting itself in the foot. They made the choice to make the Pixi a "budget" phon and failed to realize people actually preferred the Treo style form factor. They gimped on the internals, gimped on the screen yet put a great keyboard on it and made it a great size overall. Had they killed some of that bezel, gave it a proper screen and proper internals (pre's processor, wifi, and more storage) it would've been a bigger hit. Developers go where the money and volume are, and they're just not seeing it in webOS. The Pre2 ain't bringing it either so you now have another 4-5 months with virtually no new hardware and no reason for developers to jump on board.
    Quote Originally Posted by deman19901 View Post
    I still like WebOS better than Android. I do not like that the OS is not getting the app developer support as Android and IOS. Apple is Apple. So if they build something the people will come. The thing that makes Android so successful is that many manufactures have jumped on board. I think that is the main thing that is holding WebOS back. One piece of hardware(I really don't include Pixi) that has had it's problems with build quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    Actually, the Pixi is just another thing to show how Palm keeps shooting itself in the foot. They made the choice to make the Pixi a "budget" phon and failed to realize people actually preferred the Treo style form factor. They gimped on the internals, gimped on the screen yet put a great keyboard on it and made it a great size overall. Had they killed some of that bezel, gave it a proper screen and proper internals (pre's processor, wifi, and more storage) it would've been a bigger hit. Developers go where the money and volume are, and they're just not seeing it in webOS. The Pre2 ain't bringing it either so you now have another 4-5 months with virtually no new hardware and no reason for developers to jump on board.
    Precisely!!

Marketing was the biggest mistake they possibly could have made. Downgrading the Pixi's processor was the second biggest mistake they could have made.

This game called business was just too dynamic for Rubenstein. Those are just terrible management decisions. Point blank.
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    Precisely!!

Marketing was the biggest mistake they possibly could have made. Downgrading the Pixi's processor was the second biggest mistake they could have made.

This game called business was just too dynamic for Rubenstein. Those are just terrible management decisions. Point blank.
    yeah... the pixi form factor is 10x better than the pre. boy did they drop the ball with that phone.
    one could argue 4G and a larger screen alone are enough to make it more current.

but Ialso think it's reasonable to argue the following also would make the case that it is more current even stronger:
    • 720p video recording
    • ability to choose video save format (mpeg4 or h.264 i think)
    • ability to choose video recording resolution
    • Autofocus camera
    • Included image editing, crop, sepia, etc
    • 8mp camera vs 5mp
    • 2x LED flash vs 1 LED flash
    • Virtual keyboard
    • Front facing camera
    • Video chat capability
    • hdmi output
    • SD slot
    • Visual Voicemail
    • Some superior apps like gmail, google voice, better youtube app, more mainstream apps in the catalog
    • Gingerbread likely to be released soon.

if one cares about the processor speed its fine but speaking only for myself i didn't even think about the processor speed when i bought the first pre. it didn't even occur to me until the idea of overclocking was brought to my attention by ways of some thread. Regardless i think there is a more then plausible argument that it's still more current then the Pre 2 both hardware and software wise. And the sheer better apps support they get is a compelling argument for the platform cause almost nobody big is making webos apps. its all bibles and soundboards. And after i tried android honestly, i thought it was perfectly useable and had a lot more of features that i like. like i couldn't care less about stacks and stuff like that. I do care about stuff like video chat. So product wise i think me and palm are in different spots. But people should buy what they like.

Engadet said it best in their Pre 2 review:

"The Pre 2 is nice, but it's not cutting edge, and it doesn't hold a candle to the iPhone 4 or G2.... if [WebOS 2.0] and the Pre 2 are Palm's hail mary, they just lost the game." webOS 2.0 review -- Engadget

I don't know if the game's over but it i think they are right when they say it doesn't measure up to those other phones. Not in my mind.
    Last edited by blackmagic01; 10/25/2010 at 05:32 AM.
    Well-

I'm now using an EVO.
    The wifey bought it for me for our anniversary a few days ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdoinit View Post
    Well-

I'm now using an EVO.
    The wifey bought it for me for our anniversary a few days ago.
    And you aren't going to share your opinion??
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    Of course I will, if I could only get a few spare minutes...
  17.    #3317  
    The comparison in the opening post has been expanded to include the Pre 2.

The Pre 2 adds these features to the Pre:
    • Clock Speed: 1GHz (Note: Many overclock the Pre and Pre Plus to 1.2 GHz)
    • Memory: 16 GB (Same as the Pre Plus)
    • Screen: Glass
    • Camera Resolution: 5 MP

The Pre 2 does not change these features:
    • Display: 3.1"
    • Resolution: 320 x 480
    • microSD Card: none
    • Video Chat: none
    • Front camera: none
    • Camera Autofocus: none
    • Camera Zoom: none
    • 4G or LTE compatibility: none
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 10/26/2010 at 03:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr
    Full:
    http://forums.precentral.net/off-top...quisition.html

Mobile:
    http://m.forums.precentral.net/off-t...quisition.html
    does anyone know if HTC is coming out with anything after the EVO for sprint? And if so how soon???
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts