View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

    286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

    222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

    80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

    286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

    18 2.02%
Page 164 of 182 FirstFirst ... 64114154159160161162163164165166167168169174 ... LastLast
Results 3,261 to 3,280 of 3633
  1. #3261  
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    i bet you all would have rooted your evo by now, if it were as simple as installing preware if you say different your lyeing... imho
    No, I haven't rooted because I haven't felt any need to. I'm an embedded s/w engineer with 39 years of s/w experience so difficulty would not put me off (though it isn't difficult). I may root it at some point but it will be out of curiousity, not need.

    Dave
  2. #3262  
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    i bet you all would have rooted your evo by now, if it were as simple as installing preware if you say different your lyeing... imho
    One installs preware on a webOS device to get a fraction of the functionality that stock webOS lacks. One doesn't root on Android because functionality is already there stock. The ONLY thing I can justify rooting for is getting free tethering, that's it.

    Keep grasping at straws there and fighting the good fight!

    P.S. It is as simple as installing Preware: http://phandroid.com/2010/09/07/unre...sense-devices/
  3. #3263  
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    One installs preware on a webOS device to get a fraction of the functionality that stock webOS lacks. One doesn't root on Android because functionality is already there stock. The ONLY thing I can justify rooting for is getting free tethering, that's it.

    Keep grasping at straws there and fighting the good fight!

    P.S. It is as simple as installing Preware: Unrevoked 3.2 Provides 1-Click Root For 2.2 Sense Devices | Android Phone Fans
    And ROMs of course haha.

    But i agree, you don't root android for basic functionality.
  4. fareal's Avatar
    Posts
    260 Posts
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    #3264  
    The Evo is available on sprint.com. I can resist. I can. I will. I can. I will.
  5. #3265  
    You should, because you know you want the Epic
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  6. #3266  
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    i bet you all would have rooted your evo by now, if it were as simple as installing preware if you say different your lyeing... imho
    Rooting the EVO is not very hard to do. I waited a while to root, didnt see a reason to and then got bored and gave it a try and wish I did sooner. Some of the custom ROM and kernels out there are great and make the device even better for me, improved battery life, responsiveness....
  7. #3267  
    I have both the EVO and the Original Palm PRE. I love the Evo and is very fast however i do miss the camera on the PRE. The way it takes video is amazing. the EVO has camera with more MP but the PRE takes better videos. I have them both side by side. If the next WebOS device is as nice as the EVO i will be one of the first ones to get it. I love WebOS and in my opinion is better than Android.
    Ivan's Themes main thread

    Oklahoma Sooner theme

    If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
  8.    #3268  
    Quote Originally Posted by ivan1.ruiz View Post
    I have both the EVO and the Original Palm PRE. I love the Evo and is very fast however i do miss the camera on the PRE...
    I have both as well and my Pre Camera is missing a list of basic features:
    8 MP vs. 3
    Digital Zoom - built-in - Tap +/- Zoom button
    Autofocus
    Autofocus Focus Area Selection - built-in. Tap what you want to focus on
    Effects - built-in - Menu > Settings > Effects (Grayscale, Sepia, Negative, Solarize, etc.)
    Metering - built-in - Menu > Settings > Metering > Spot/Center/Average
    Simple Shutter Sound Off - built-in - Menu > Settings > Shutter Sound
    [Request] Upload to Flickr - Built-in. Tap Share > {Facebook, Flickr, Email, Messages, Picasa, etc.}

    - Craig
  9. #3269  
    Quote Originally Posted by ivan1.ruiz View Post
    I have both the EVO and the Original Palm PRE. I love the Evo and is very fast however i do miss the camera on the PRE. The way it takes video is amazing. the EVO has camera with more MP but the PRE takes better videos. I have them both side by side. If the next WebOS device is as nice as the EVO i will be one of the first ones to get it. I love WebOS and in my opinion is better than Android.
    The Pre's audio is better on its audio part...the video quality has this blurry nature to it.

    But i agree, the Evo's HD leaves a lot to be desired.

    Here is a clip i took this weekend.


    And here is a Pre video i took outdoors as well
    Login | Facebook


    (those artificats and freezing would happen on my Pre anytime i recorded video)

    But yeah i give the video quailty a slight edge on the Evo.....but audio MUCH better on the Pre.
  10. susanoo26's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    #3270  
    just picked up my EVO and all I can say is wow. Palm really better bring it
  11. #3271  
    I would take the Epic before I went with the Evo. But I don't have to choose. I'm sticking with Palm and 2011 is gonna be a SWEET year for their product line.
  12. #3272  
    based on a hunch?
  13. #3273  
    Quote Originally Posted by susanoo26 View Post
    just picked up my EVO and all I can say is wow. Palm really better bring it
    Same feeling i had. Again, i liked my Pre for the year i owned it, but going to the Evo i realized how much the Pre and WebOS were lacking. Not just apps either. Yeah android isn't as "elegant" or whatever you want to call it...but at the end of the day i can do more stuff and do it faster than i could with my Pre.
  14. susanoo26's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    #3274  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    Same feeling i had. Again, i liked my Pre for the year i owned it, but going to the Evo i realized how much the Pre and WebOS were lacking. Not just apps either. Yeah android isn't as "elegant" or whatever you want to call it...but at the end of the day i can do more stuff and do it faster than i could with my Pre.
    I couldn't agree more....once you get it home and in your hands, its an unbelievable phone. You're right, not as elegant as WebOS, but in every other way its better. The list is too long.

    Even when Palm eventually releases a phone, I'm not sure they'll be able to keep up with the current market. Plus, I've already downloaded a ton of apps not available on WebOS and wouldn't go back to a limited app catalog.

    Palm and HP truly have an uphill battle. They may keep a small handful of loyalist, but getting people to switch is going to be tough.
  15. #3275  
    Why not compare the Pre with a mid 2011 device? Or 2012? Or why not compare the Treo 600 with the iPhone4?

    --Sent using Tap@Talk for webOS
    Newness Developments apps:

  16. susanoo26's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    #3276  
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    Why not compare the Pre with a mid 2011 device? Or 2012? Or why not compare the Treo 600 with the iPhone4?

    --Sent using Tap@Talk for webOS
    Because alot of people claim that with patching and overclooking, the Pre is just as good as the EVO........and in my opinion its not even close. And if I had a recent Pre to compare the EVO to,(less than 15 months old) I would. Since I don't, that's what the Pre gets compared to.
  17. #3277  
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    Why not compare the Pre with a mid 2011 device? Or 2012? Or why not compare the Treo 600 with the iPhone4?

    --Sent using Tap@Talk for webOS
    Uh, the Snapdragon chipset powering the Evo came out at around the same time the TI OMAP powering the Pre did. They're both using mid-2009 technology.
  18. #3278  
    Honestly, i have no speed concerns with my Evo. Meaning, there is rarely a time i'm waiting for anything to get done. unless they can improve battery life, i'm fine with keeping clock speeds around 1ghz. The new Snapdragon in the G2 is a good start. Make the CPU more efficient at lower clock speeds.
  19. #3279  
    my pre > rooted EVO > EVO > stock pre

    personal preference and a whole lot of opinion.
  20. #3280  
    I find it funny that the poll is turned off just in time to keep the PRE ahead. My PRE is a POS since I am on my third phone and need a fourth but the remaned phones only have a 30 day warranty. HMMMM....wonder why? The wife's PRE will not stay on and shuts down sometimes for no reason???? The PRE is not a good phone. You better powder it like a nice piece of ***** or it will break. I am moving on....web os, well, others will make better for sure.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions