View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 162 of 182 FirstFirst ... 62112152157158159160161162163164165166167172 ... LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,240 of 3633
    I sat on the fence for about a month. Finally switched to EVO about a week ago...pure AWESOMENESS!!! Was very afraid I would regret it due to my love for webOS but its awesome. Adjusting to the different calendar has been the biggest (and only real) deal for me.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    how did you adjust from the hard keyboard to the VR on the evo? Also, how do you compare the os on both phones?

Quote Originally Posted by dcar96 View Post
    I sat on the fence for about a month. Finally switched to EVO about a week ago...pure AWESOMENESS!!! Was very afraid I would regret it due to my love for webOS but its awesome. Adjusting to the different calendar has been the biggest (and only real) deal for me.
    Very quick adjustment. Very accurate. I had also purchased the Auto Correct Edit app on Pre which helped minimize key strokes. Very helpful for me since I wanted to make my time with the keyboard as short as possible (small keys). The auto correct/spellchecking on EVO is very good.

Also, the variety of free keyboard variations is extremely handy and allows you to customize more if need be. Swype/SlideIT keyboard EXTREMELY FAST AND EASY & SLICK.

Also worth noting:
    1. I really debated Epic vs EVO. The final straw was that the physical keyboard on it didn't feel right dimension-wise...FOR ME. Many others will say they love it. Personal preference. After that decision, I am very happy with the HTC/Sense product.

2. MY personal background with phones comes into play like it does with all of us. I was a longtime Palm user, rocking a Kyocera 6035 then a Samsung i500 then a Treo 650. After that, I jumped ship to an HTC PPC. Loved/hated that for a couple of years until Pre came out. I was excited about having a keyboard I could use with one hand (had been spending time feeding our infant, etc.) and couldn't do that on the Mogul.

That contributed to my evaluation of the EVO keyboard. The BEST part of the keyboard on it and others is that you can use it one-handed in portrait or two-handed in landscape. It really does cater to your needs quite well.

I scoured boards like this for weeks looking for Pre users who jumped to EVO, looking for their thoughts so I am happy to answer any questions people would have. Again, its a personal preference deal.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    I bought my pre in march due to always wanting one but now after 5 months I see how slow it is andhow far behind webos is in general of other companies.

another reason I want to switch is because I'm not eligible for a upgrade till march 2012 and the pre has a low resale value as is so I'm pretty stuck and asurion will give refurbs for a while.

I would really like a faster phone so I considered evo due to size and factor.

I do wonder why the cost of the evo is only 449 compared to others that cost more like the iphone so I hope it's not a pos.
    Quote Originally Posted by delta7 View Post

I do wonder why the cost of the evo is only 449 compared to others that cost more like the iphone so I hope it's not a pos.
    $449.99 is normal for a smartphone on sprint(and in general) now days.
    Almost over my 30 days with my Evo and zero regrets.
    I've had my Evo for about 3 weeks now and I am totally sold on it and Android. I was a long-time Palm user and loved WebOS but the h/w sucks. I thought I would really miss WebOS but the Evo and Android do everything I need. I've loaded 125 apps on so far. I pick up my Pre and it now seems like a toy. Zero regrets on the change here.

Dave
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    I'm gonna make the switch as soon as I have the money.

and my spacebar sticks and doesn't fully work properly. Lol
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    I am really glad to see this thread. I'm sure all the Palm Pre teat-suckers will disagree but i seems pretty clear to me that those who went from the Pre to the EVO are confirming just how far behind Web OS is.
    ^enjoy your big dumb washed out screen then. Send me a screenshot. Oh wait, you cant. Nevermind then. See ya!
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    If a screenshot is what trips your trigger, then I guess a Pre is your guy.
    Screenshots don't trip my trigger. Being called a teat-sucker may though.
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    ^enjoy your big dumb washed out screen then. Send me a screenshot. Oh wait, you cant. Nevermind then. See ya!
    Wait what...?

Amazing. You did that without rooting?
    Amazing. You did that without rooting?
    Nope...but let me know how many patches you have on your WebOS device.
    dude how are yu gonna compare patches to having to root a device? WebOS users can do everything over the air and all we have to do is restart. Patching is way easier than rooting. Only a small percentage of EVO owners will ever do what you did.
    Oh sorry. I have over 50 patches. And nothing you can do to an EVO or any other android phone for that matter will get it to display netcarshow.com properly.
    dude how are yu gonna compare patches to having to root a device? WebOS users can do everything over the air and all we have to do is restart. Patching is way easier than rooting. Only a small percentage of EVO owners will ever do what you did.
    So you think there is a large amoutn of WebOS users that even have a clue what preware is?

Further more, before you can begin to do OTA patches, you have to install from your computer (unless they changed something).

Not only that, patches are useful for fixing the many many many shortcomings of WebOS in its current state. Patches are the only reason i had my Pre for over a year.

Rooting? Yeah the Froyo root was a bit more involved, but like all roots (esp. HTC) it becomes a one click process eventually. But this is the other great part....most people don't root on android because you don't have to. The OS is complete, it has options to customize the phone to the way the user wants it.

But ok, you win, you can't take a screenshot of your phone (something i'm sure tons of average users are dying to do on android)....
    Sure looks like how the desktop site looks...but i have never gone here so i have no idea what you are referring to.

Oh i see, you are referring to the edge of the words on the side?

Meh. Don't need the website, but if you do...sure there is a reason to use a Pre/Pixi over an android device.