View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 159 of 182 FirstFirst ... 59109149154155156157158159160161162163164169 ... LastLast
Results 3,161 to 3,180 of 3633
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch1222 View Post
    wow! That's great. But that review is from may 2010. Pre evo launch

shall I post reviews of the pre... Pre launch 2009
    You realize that Engadget is probably the biggest tech site on the internet and that they receive (hundreds of) devices prior to launch directly from manufacturers in order to review them (and in hopes that it generates enthusiasm/interest)?

well... That didn't take long now did it?

tell me... If in under T months.... Sprint is already offering and promoting a better equipped android phone.... Wth is going to care about evo by xmas 2010?

that is why I brought epic into this discussion.

EVO still a good phone... Just already dated.

that does not happen that quickly with webOS or IOS...

it's your 2yr contract...imo android phones are just flava of the week ( weak )

if you want to compare android vs webos vs ios.... Get it.. But android phones... Why bither just look at the latest ine released.... It's got the best specs.

man.. Did you see when sprint showed the old evo .. Hdmi cables dangling... Ouch
    the epic... Magically acomplishes the same thing wirelessly.... The sheep are going to eat that up
    Completely unbiased opinion there of course. And lets not bother to see the hypocrisy in calling a phone that has been out for only 2 months being called "dated" because a similar phone is promoted (in a different form factor). But insisting the Pre is not "dated".

By your logic the Pixi made the Pre "dated" the day it was released...
    [QUOTE=gmanvbva;2604128]You realize that Engadget is probably the biggest tech site on the internet and that they receive (hundreds of) devices prior to launch directly from manufacturers in order to review them (and in hopes that it generates enthusiasm/interest)? [quote]

avoided the point. The point is that pre received rave reviews as well... But you are on this site ripping it apart.
    I didn't discredit the review itself. Many issues apear on phones once released into wild.
    it's still a solid phone... Just the review, in android world, dated

Completely unbiased opinion there of course. And lets not bother to see the hypocrisy in calling a phone that has been out for only 2 months being called "dated" because a similar phone is promoted (in a different form factor). But insisting the Pre is not "dated".

By your logic the Pixi made the Pre "dated" the day it was released...
    wow... Denial. You avoided every point made. Bravo

first of all. Find one post where I state the pre is not dated. If anything... I have stated the opposite...by stating this comparison between phones released a year apart... Is absurd. It is useful if a user wants to buy newer hardeware.... And needs something now.

also, my main point is that the evo , because of running android, is already dated... And sprint is advertising that fact in the video .

you are the typical webOS hater on this site. You critic it harshly... Then avoid , deny, spin when debating. Lame... Very lame
    watch the video... Sprints own video... And objectly tell me that sprint, stating that epic has "3 ways to type" ETC... Is not informing their customers that epic is the new, exciting, better phone in sprints line up right now? Man, for someone who claims he is not "loyal" ... Seems like you are doing a gteat job of spinning , avoiding, and denying reality.
    no surprise.. It falls in line with the character you have been displaying in these forums since day 1.
    anyone looking to purchase a new android phone on sprint to replace the evo... I_ and sprint_ recommend the epic.
    it has both touchscreen and qwerty.... But because of superior thin super amoled screen... It is still very close to evo thickness.
    better processor, better 3D gaming...ohh just watch the video supplied by sprint on the link above. Good luck

take care_
    clutch
    Don't they go hand in hand? If you're going to compare the Pre and the Evo, how can you ignore the OS?
    @ crogs
    @ mikah

i did not say android. I said evo.... just sayin,

HTC EVO.... go on.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    The Pre got a 7 out of 10 on the score card.

A year later though is a lot different landscape...people are leaving PRE now, not a year ago.
    clutch... Android phones are iphone knockoffs? Isn't it just the natural evolution of touchscreen phones? The phones below are a sampling of full touch screen phones of the past. How else do you think they would've evolved so they didn't end up looking like an iphone? Do note Samsung as a manufacturer below.

and did LG wait for the iphone to be announced before they started designing the Prada?
    Last edited by crogs571; 08/12/2010 at 05:53 PM.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    clutch... Android phones are iphone knockoffs? Isn't it just the natural evolution of touchscreen phones? The phones below are a sampling of full touch screen phones of the past. How else do you think they would've evolved so they didn't end up looking like an iphone? Do note Samsung as a manufacturer below.

and did LG wait for the iphone to be announced before they started designing the Prada?
    LOL! thanks for taking the time to put that together.

Yes... the slab androids are iphone knock offs.

The iphone ..is a Prada knock off LOL!
  8.    #3168  
    HTC, Motorola, and Samsung will release dozens of Android phones this year. We know about the new phones before the "old" phone is even out. We knew about the Epic before the EVO hit the stores. And now the Droid 2 has a keyboard and is even smaller than the Pre. That is how fast the Android market is moving.

They are not obsolete. They still do what you bought them to do. There are just 10 other phones that are bigger, better, and faster.

If you want a 4.3" Android phone that is smaller than the Pre, compare the EVO or Droid X. If you want a physical keyboard compare the Epic but the Droid2 is even smaller than a Pre. A preferred customer can upgrade every year. If your old phone still meets your needs, keep it, if not, eBay it. Your old apps will still work.

Phone are like shoes with dozens to choose from each year. The hard part is keeping up with all the new models. Find what fits you.

That is why there are comparisons.

- Craig
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 08/13/2010 at 01:44 PM.
    I went to Sprint to find out they fail at a Cheap plan... (not that it wouldn't be the same anywhere else) and I checked out the EVO. MEH, not impressed and being used to WebOS didn't help either. I guess I'm stuck with the Pre...
    I've had an EVO for about a month coming from a Palm Pre. So to keep it short and sweet, here is my .02. EVO hardware running WebOS with the android app store would be game over. There would be no competition.
    I agree on that and what it boils down to is that the Pre OS is not being actively worked over like Android is. That was also the down fall of Palm - the innovation died. So yep, put WebOS on the Evo and you gotta a heck of a device.
    excuse me but webOS is being worked on at a manic pace
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    excuse me but webOS is being worked on at a manic pace
    I'm not sure most would agree with you based on the past 12 months.
    At least as far as tangible improvements to webOS on a mobile device (aka Pre/Pixi).
    if you go back 12 months, then I would agree that palms lack of resources made it hard for them to make further development and implementations. But you can bet your **** that in HP's hands, the webos team is working on the OS nonstop. Even so, webOS is up there at the top when it comes to rolling out updates across their different devices on different carriers. This was mentioned also in the latest Palmcast.
    So... since you are stating that "palms lack of resources made it hard for them to make further development and implementations" and then mention "Even so, webOS is up there at the top when it comes to rolling out updates across their different devices on different carriers".

You're basically saying that there were a bunch of updates that did not result in "further development and implementations" of features in webOS?

As mentioned in the other thread. Many doubt that "all of HP's resources" that are devoted to webOS are focused on a mobile device (smartphone) and that it will result in very significant improvements to webOS (for a mobile device) in the next 6-12 months..
    Last edited by gmanvbva; 08/20/2010 at 08:50 AM. Reason: Clarification
    Welp, debating and talking about it, getting frustrated with Palm and I finally had the chance to buy it on best buy. I'm excited to try it out but not throwing away my Palm Pre yet.

Please note, i'm a premier customer so i upgrade every 12 months....if I stick with the evo i hope to see Palm come back with some awesome new hardware next year and i'll hop right back over.

I'll be hanging around here of course still cause the community is solid (for the most part) and i want to see where Palm/HP end up heading.

I know some people here don't care to hear it but i'll also do some side by side testing with some apps and such when i have both.
    <<Thread Merged>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    grats.
    I also am a Sprint Premier Customer and change 1 to 2 times a year. I started with Palm and frankly enjoyed it. However, my needs grew and Palm's capabilities did not. My moving to WM and eventually the Touch Pro 2 was like night and day. I still have the TP2 and primarily use the Evo. For business use I find the TP2 superior to them all; the Evo lacks a keyboard (I want a keyboard) and HanDBase. Palm/HP needs to rework the Pre for it to come close to meeting my needs. The Evo does more in its current state for me than the Pre.
    So, switched from the Pre to Evo about a month ago. LOVE WebOS, but my year was up and could upgrade, so, I figured I'd play with the EVO for now until HPalm releases new hardware and further develops WebOS. IMO, WebOS has the potential to be far superior than android, the hardware needs to catch up and WebOS needs to mature, both of witch I believe will happen in the next year. Hopefully by the time my current year is up and ill be switching from the Evo back to fully robust WebOS device.