View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

    286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

    222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

    80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

    286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

    18 2.02%
Page 158 of 182 FirstFirst ... 58108148153154155156157158159160161162163168 ... LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,160 of 3633
  1. #3141  
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    EVO performance improved considerably after the last update. Perhaps HTC/Sprint should have not even enabled the GPU for six months to avoid any performance issues?
    Perhaps... interesting opinion

    And you are completely missing the point of the EVO and EPIC on Sprint. It was not meant to replace the EVO at all.
    once again, another of your opinions
    I think it is you that is missing my point. Evo and galaxy are similar phones. Galaxy, the better spec'ed phone imo. Both are iphone knock offs.


    An important purchasing decision for smartphone users is having a physical keyboard or not.
    The Epic now makes it possible for Sprint to offer both options to it's customer based on high-end Android devices.
    Way to state the obvious. I compared apples to apples ( lol), not apples to oranges. Why, To show a comparison between two iphone knock off's
    Samsung Galaxy s has the better processor, screen, and handles 3D gaming better.

    With regards to the screen. From what I understand... it depends on what screen you get and what hardware version you have. I do not feel my screen looks washed out at all. The screen on my EVO is (literally) twice the size of my Pre's. Size matters.
    Another BIASED opinion. and.... WOW - EVo has a big screen. yawn

    And don't look now... but all of those "iPhone knock offs" are selling like hot cakes and are one of the reasons that this is happening.

    Canalys: Android takes Q2 smartphone market share lead in US with 886 percent year-over-year growth -- Engadget[/quote]

    YEs they are... but nothing like the REAL THING LOL!

    Over and over again I have given you the opportuninty to tell us what makes you qualified and more knowledgeable on phones. YOU AVOID
    this post, like many of your posts and thread started... are your OPINIONS on android.
    You spend an awfull anount of time on precentral supporting andrioid.
    You are on here every single day. You obviously do not like webOS or the pre.. and have spent hours knocking them.
    what brings you here? Is it the fact that you have a phone, running newer hardware... and feel superior to PRE users? Looks like you are enjoying the hell out of the advantage your "new" hardware brings... and are spending hours here bragging about it.

    <<deleted by mod>>

    when the new line of webOS phones is released...and continue to be released for years to come... we will see if your switch to android was the right choice.

    Remember, just because its popular... does not make it better. Also, HP is a huge company that is diversified. It does not have to be #1 in sales to survive . It can support a #3 sales webOS phone for decades.
    Handheld PCs At a glance - HP Small & Medium Business products

    The Big difference... is they have Palm leading that division for them now. Thats great news for webOS users.

    " I know little of these phones"
    You are no expert... so stop pretending you are.
    I never said i was....
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/12/2010 at 12:32 PM. Reason: personal attack
  2. #3142  
    It's insulting to call an Android phone an iPhone knock off IMO. The screen is similar on many devices, large, capacitive and onscreen keyboard. But that's where it ends.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  3. #3143  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    It's insulting to call an Android phone an iPhone knock off IMO. The screen is similar on many devices, large, capacitive and onscreen keyboard. But that's where it ends.
    Well yes... I can see how that would be. It is direct competion with the iphone... The iphone came first.

    It is insulting to create a thread on this site in april ... knocking webOS at probably its darkest moments..

    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...e-android.html

    lauhing in main post.

    then continue logging on to p|C every day to debate android superiority over webOS.... for months.

    just sayin...
  4. #3144  
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch1222 View Post
    Over and over again I have given you the opportuninty to tell us what makes you qualified and more knowledgeable on phones. YOU AVOID
    this post, like many of your posts and thread started... are your OPINIONS on android.
    You spend an awfull anount of time on precentral supporting andrioid.
    You are on here every single day. You obviously do not like webOS or the pre.. and have spent hours knocking them.
    what brings you here? Is it the fact that you have a phone, running newer hardware... and feel superior to PRE users? Looks like you are enjoying the hell out of the advantage your "new" hardware brings... and are spending hours here bragging about it.
    First and foremost. This is a forum and most of these posts/threads are based completely on opinion. It's a internet forum... after all...

    Some of those opinions are personal preference, some of those opinions are based on facts (specs, features, etc.) and some of those opinions are based on some type of brand loyalty. But nearly all of it is opinion based and I think most can identify each type and determine what value each has for them.

    I never stated I was "more qualified" than anyone else (Although, note what follows below). What I have done is provided my opinion on the merits of different phones discussed on these forums. I have used all of the major mobile OS's (webOS, BB, Android, WM and iOS) extensively and each as my primary device. So I understand the strengths and weakness that each have (for me) fairly well. I try to look at things in a logical and rational manner rather than from some type of brand loyalty perspective. And that is precisely why I have used all of the major mobile OS's. I use what works best for me and will move onto another device/OS if another might fill MY needs better. I'm paying hundreds of dollars for a device and thousands for service. You can rest assured that I am going to put that money towards what works best for me (and my family). webOS works perfectly (for all intense and purposes) for my wife and if I had to chose a device for her again it would still likely be a webOS device. Even with the only option on Sprint being the Pre (and all of the hardware issues she has had). Why? Because I am not biased and it works for her.

    <<comment deleted>>


    Quote Originally Posted by clutch1222 View Post
    when the new line of webOS phones is released...and continue to be released for years to come... we will see if your switch to android was the right choice.
    You are right... we will... but for right now, webOS/Pre are not fitting my needs. I would have no issue switching back to a webOS device... Why do you ask??? Because I am unbiased and will use the device/OS that works best for me. I don't need to chose a mobile OS, device manufacturer or carrier for the rest of my life...

    Quote Originally Posted by clutch1222 View Post
    Remember, just because its popular... does not make it better. Also, HP is a huge company that is diversified. It does not have to be #1 in sales to survive . It can support a #3 sales webOS phone for decades.
    Handheld PCs At a glance - HP Small & Medium Business products
    I think HP/Palm would be ECSTATIC to actually make it to #3 in sales... because that would mean they would have surpassed either RIM, Apple or Google. They have less than 1/10th the market share of each of those at this point and passing one of those would be a HUGE feat.

    But to your point, yes... HP will still be around and doesn't even need to be at #3 to support a mobile platform.

    Quote Originally Posted by clutch1222 View Post
    The Big difference... is they have Palm leading that division for them now. Thats great news for webOS users.
    I'm not even sure where you are going with that one. webOS is a great foundation for a mobile platform... but the new "Palm" within HP appears to be taking form in a drastically different form than what Palm was previously. Nearly all of the executive staff has turned over (i.e. gone). Some of those individuals were the primary influences in webOS and absolutely integral part in the creation of webOS as you and I know it.

    Quote Originally Posted by clutch1222 View Post
    " I know little of these phones"
    You are no expert... so stop pretending you are.
    I never said i was....
    Nor did I. But I certainly know more about the current market, offerings and how each device works (from extensive personal experience with each)... than you do. And I can speak to many devices with intelligence (rather than ignorance) based on that experience and knowledge with each.

    Also, I am not irrationally biased towards any device/platform... so stop pretending you aren't.

    PS: You talk about avoiding a topic point... You made a comment with regards to missing nothing on a Pre compared to an EVO and when others (quickly) point out the various feature sets and things available on a EVO (but not a Pre)... you quickly change the subject and comparison from EVO vs Pre (which is what the thread is for and the current conversation was) to a EVO vs EPIC (Samsung Galaxy) topic... Hypocrisy and avoidance in it's purest form...
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/12/2010 at 12:35 PM. Reason: quoted text and reply deleted - unneeded
  5. #3145  
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch1222 View Post
    Well yes... I can see how that would be. It is direct competion with the iphone... The iphone came first.

    It is insulting to create a thread on this site in april ... knocking webOS at probably its darkest moments..

    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...e-android.html

    lauhing in main post.

    then continue logging on to p|C every day to debate android superiority over webOS.... for months.

    just sayin...
    Again, you seem to be taking the thread waaaaayyyyyy to personal....
  6. #3146  
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    Again, you seem to be taking the thread waaaaayyyyyy to personal....
    ahh.. i see you are finally taking the high road

    " I know little of these phones"
    You are no expert... so stop pretending you are.
    I never said i was....


    Nor did I. But I certainly know more about the current market, offerings and how each device works (from extensive personal experience with each)... than you do. And I can speak to many devices with intelligence (rather than ignorance) based on that experience and knowledge with each.
    hilarious. All that you do on this site... is support android superiority over webOS. On top of that, you do it with a heavy Bias. You are an end user... with heavily biased opinions. I do not break down the technical aspects of these phones... in an attempt to sound like an expert, because i am not a smartphone expert. Neither are you. you learned quickly not tyo post thread... because it is much easeier to get called out on threads you posts.. then the hundreds of posts you have made pushing your biased agenda

    behind every user, there is a motivating agenda. Your seems to be promoting android on this site.
    "extensive experience". you are an end user. You have become an expert... in your own mind. This is common on the internet. You heavily criticize the PRE and webOS... as if you had credibility, but you dont. Owning smartphones does not make you an expert, neither does researching on google... as your proud thread back in april so blatantly proves.

    The whole premise of this thread.... is absurd imo. I find the comparison of two phones difficult to do because of many factors, Time being the biggest. With time, come advancements in hardware and software.
    To compare a phone released in june 2009, to a phone released in june 2010.. is moronic. BUt it seems to be popular... go figure.

    when i tried to make the point that evo will have a hard time staying competitive.. because of the extremely competitive android market... you avoid. When i give you an example, of a phone that was released within weeks of the evo, with a better screen, hummingbird processor, and 3D gaming running the same android OS.... you fail to see the relevance to this thread( how convenient).
    I will not even bring the Droidx or the Droid2 into this.
    Here is the RELEVANCE - the evo is a more polished android Phone... than those offered a year ago. The OS and the HARDWARE is current.
    comparing it to the android phones mentioned above would be a better gauge.. then to a year old PRE. The only reason this thread carried as long is it has, is because of the OC ability of OMAP3, homebrew community\patching of webOS, the pre still can still hang.


    what i do... is call out people based on their motivations... and their B.S.
    What you are enjoying.... is debating 2 phones... when the phone that you support, is 1 year newer. You are debating from a position of strength.... and relentlessly so. You started out posting your first...and only thread on this site.. with a heavy BIAS.. and failed miserably.

    Also, I am not irrationally biased towards any device/platform... so stop pretending you aren't.
    laughable

    PS: You talk about avoiding a topic point... You made a comment with regards to missing nothing on a Pre compared to an EVO and when others (quickly) point out the various feature sets and things available on a EVO (but not a Pre)... you quickly change the subject and comparison from EVO vs Pre (which is what the thread is for and the current conversation was) to a EVO vs EPIC (Samsung Galaxy) topic... Hypocrisy and avoidance in it's purest form...
    way to spin that. That is not why i brought other phones into this.
    both phones have their strengths and weakness.
    Pre - webOS strength

    Evo - Android - weakness

    pre has lasted as long as it has by being 1 of only 2 phones offered by PALM.
    If you want webOS... you must by a PALM phone.

    EVO - runs on android. Android is offered on Motorola, HTC, Samsung phones. All three of these oem's will continue to manufacture new phones... making their previous phones obsolete... and dated... quicker. why? because as a consumer... why would i want 3 month old technology, when i can have the lateset, and run the same OS with the same Apps? I wouldnt, and neither would most tech consumers.

    This is EVO's major disadvantage over an iphone, or PRE. get it? it is the main reason, after a year of release... you are on this site everyday debating a month old EVO.. against a year old PRE.

    this thread is not webos vs android. Its evo vs pre. the fact that you can even have a thread last this long debating the strengths of a year old pre.. vs a month old evo.... proves my POINT.

    EVO will be a distant memory come november 2010.

    enjoy the advantage that you so currenty cherish...with your new but dated evo. You are a heavily biased HTC EVO owner...end user.

    Nothing personal - just a debate. because mine tend to be more logically based, and not technical... does not make you more qualified for cutting and pasting specs. MO
  7. #3147  
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch1222 View Post
    ahh.. i see you are finally taking the high road

    " I know little of these phones"
    You are no expert... so stop pretending you are.
    I never said i was....




    hilarious. All that you do on this site... is support android superiority over webOS.......
    Nothing personal - just a debate. because mine tend to be more logically based, and not technical... does not make you more qualified for cutting and pasting specs. MO
    The comparison of a Pre to EVO (or any other phone) are taking place because the Pre is still (after over a year) Palm's current offering... Get it?


    Quote Originally Posted by clutch1222 View Post
    just a debate. because mine tend to be more logically based, and not technical...
    LMAO... I don't even know what to say...

    And having used each different mobile OS as my primary device on a daily basis... doesn't make me more "qualified" to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of each platform? When compared to someone who has not?

    And now you are stating that facts (features available) are irrelevant because "I am no more qualified" than you? And this is now some "qualification" p___ing contest?
    Or are you just selecting to avoid those portions of the conversation as well.
    Last edited by gmanvbva; 08/11/2010 at 03:49 PM.
  8.    #3148  
    The opening post now shows a comparison between the EVO and the Pre.
  9. #3149  
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    The opening post now shows a comparison between the EVO and the Pre.
    might want to update opening post :

    Verizon's Motorola DROID X is a 4.3" Android phone that a Palm Pre Plus owner might consider as a replacement.

    looks like you lost track of which thread you are posting on.
    this is the taiwan htc evo thread vs the american designed/ engineered.. Winner of many design awards pre.

    droidx... That's the other post.

    since you are on a roll... Can you create a droidx vs galaxy s vs evo thread. I'm thinking of switching to android... And want to know which one offers the best hardware choices... Before locking myself in for 2 years. Ohh.. Can you throw in the droid 2 too?
    Last edited by clutch1222; 08/11/2010 at 08:56 PM.
  10. #3150  
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch1222 View Post
    might want to update opening post :

    Verizon's Motorola DROID X is a 4.3" Android phone that a Palm Pre Plus owner might consider as a replacement.

    ???
    Yeah, that doesn't sound right. I'd replace the word "replacement" with "upgrade."
  11. cpassey's Avatar
    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    #3151  
    So im just curious as to what everyone thinks about the HTC EVO? Is it the best phone to come out so far? is it really that much better? Everyone know that the iphone was so 10 years ago. when I got the Pre, I was amazed! This really is the best phone I have ever had or seen, there is just so much you can do. Now everyone I know that owns an iphone wants a pre. But is there really a phone that is 10 times faster than any other? Is palm going to come out with something that can compete? Or is the EVO just like the HD2 and have a lot of problems? idk but post what your take is on anything and what your opinion is, about anything!!!
    Pre - EVO- coming of another Palm - or the coming of another phone?
    I LOVE MY PRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  12. #3152  
    IMO, The Evo is just a stepping stone in the midst of progressing from "early" android phones to "better" android phones. I would go so far as to say that it is already getting close to being dated; with the up coming processors that are being intorduced. Give it a year's time, and Evo will be more dated than the Pre seems today; a year and a half (nearly) after its release. For now, the Evo is good, but I would NOT buy it knowing what is on the horizon. For some people it is good, but I SOOOOOOO love WebOS. HPalm has already stated that they plan to utilize the newly acquired OS, and I just cannot see them abandoning smartphones while pushing it on other platforms. Just my opinion, but I think it makes sense.
  13. #3153  
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch1222 View Post
    since you are on a roll... Can you create a droidx vs galaxy s vs evo thread. I'm thinking of switching to android... And want to know which one offers the best hardware choices... Before locking myself in for 2 years. Ohh.. Can you throw in the droid 2 too?
  14. #3154  
    The Evo got a 9 out of 10 on Engadget.

    Only other phone with that is the iPhone 4. Moto X and the Galaxy phones have all scored below that.

    Phones are more than just specs.
  15. #3155  
    <<threads merged>>
  16. #3156  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    The Evo got a 9 out of 10 on Engadget.

    Only other phone with that is the iPhone 4. Moto X and the Galaxy phones have all scored below that.

    Phones are more than just specs.
    great info.

    can you supply a link?
    when I google htc evo rating
    I found this
    HTC EVO suffering from glass separation issues? -- Engadget
  17. #3157  
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch1222 View Post
    great info.

    can you supply a link?
    when I google htc evo rating
    I found this
    HTC EVO suffering from glass separation issues? -- Engadget
    Here is the Cell phone review page. There might be more on page 2 but this gives you an at a glance look.
    http://www.engadget.com/reviews/#/ha...ellphones/n2o/
  18.    #3158  
    Quote Originally Posted by cpassey View Post
    So im just curious as to what everyone thinks about the HTC EVO?
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch1222 View Post
    ...can you supply a link? ...
    Just search for "Engadget EVO Review" and the Engadget EVO review comes right up.

    The HTC EVO Engadget Review shows that the EVO scored a 9/10.

    cnet rated the EVO as:
    Design 9/10
    Features 9/10
    Performance 8/10

    I hadn't thought about it but that should be noted in the opening post.

    - Craig
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 08/12/2010 at 03:48 PM.
  19.    #3159  
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch1222 View Post
    might want to update opening post...
    Thanks! Got it.

    Also you asked for more comparison thread. We spend a lot of time merging the infinite comparison threads together and moving them to this forum. We try to header them with an opening post that factually compares the two phones. Typically we just compare Palm's latest and greatest with another vendor's latest and greatest. The permutations are just endless if you try to do more than one comparison at a time.

    But you can use this link to set up your own comparison charts with whatever phones you like:
    Droid X. Pre, and EVO Comparison Chart

    Take care,

    - Craig
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 08/12/2010 at 03:07 PM.
  20. #3160  
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Just search for "Engadget EVO Review" and the Engadget EVO review comes right up.

    The http://<font color="blue">HTC EVO En... Review</font> shows that the EVO scored a 9/10.

    cnet rated the EVO as:
    Design 9/10
    Features 9/10
    Performance 8/10

    - Craig
    wow! That's great. But that review is from may 2010. Pre evo launch

    shall I post reviews of the pre... Pre launch 2009
    now... On to the point I have been trying to sink into all of you evo owners ( yes including the creatir of this thread)
    on this link...you will find... A video from sprint...explaining the advantages of the new Epic...over the already bested EVO.
    Epic 4G coming August 31st for $249.99 on contract (updated) -- Engadget

    well... That didn't take long now did it?

    tell me... If in under T months.... Sprint is already offering and promoting a better equipped android phone.... Wth is going to care about evo by xmas 2010?

    that is why I brought epic/galaxy/droidx into this discussion.

    EVO still a good phone... Just already dated.

    that does not happen that quickly with webOS or IOS...

    it's your 2yr contract...imo android phones are just flava of the week ( weak )

    if you want to compare android vs webos vs ios.... Get it.. But android phones... Why bither just look at the latest ine released.... It's got the best specs.

    man.. Did you see when sprint showed the old evo .. Hdmi cables dangling... Ouch
    the epic... Magically acomplishes the same thing wirelessly.... The sheep are going to eat that up
    Last edited by clutch1222; 08/12/2010 at 03:11 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions