View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 157 of 182 FirstFirst ... 57107147152153154155156157158159160161162167 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,140 of 3633
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch1222 View Post
    4G... great. first 4 G phone. most of the country does not have it. Palm could launch a 4g phone by xmas... and what would webos users have missed out on? absolutely nothing if 4G has not rolled out in their areas. how many markets is 4g available in today? not many.

Please. Hardware is the only advantage evo has at this time... and the "iphone killer" falls short in build quality and/or design. imo...
    The post you pointed out was a somewhat TIC (Tongue In Cheek, i.e. a joke) due to numerous threads about Android on these boards at the time! Maybe you you might need to lighten up a bit! Or even read the thread.~~

And since you took the time to go through my post history... did you also take the time to read my posts? Likely not. I am fair to webOS (and the Pre). I praise it where it merits... and I criticize it where it is valid.

Oh and missed out on?

1. Homescreens/Widgets
    2. Voice Dialing
    3. 8 MP camera
    4. Battery Life (I get ~20hrs on stock)
    5. 4" Screen (regardless of color depth, if you don't think the EVO screen is more usable than the Pre's... your in denial)
    6. VPN connectivity
    7. Logmein Ignition
    8. 1Ghz Processor
    9. Swype
    10. Voice Search
    11. Flash Support
    12. Visual Voicemail (No clue why this is not on the Pre)
    13. Responsive UI
    14. Slingplayer
    15. Google Maps (much better App. And yes, for obvious reasons)
    16. 720P video recording
    17. Autosync On/Off (very useful to conserve battery when needed)
    18. Rock Player (Plays just about any audio/video file)
    19. Password Safe
    20. Sirius Online Radio App

Huge interest from developers.

I could go on...

And build quality??? I cannot believe you even have the gall to mention build quality.

Palm could launch a 4g phone by xmas
    They could... They could also release a device in June of 2011 that is 3G only... but no one really has any idea and there are no indications that either will happen.
    Last edited by gmanvbva; 08/10/2010 at 10:11 AM.
    @ crogs
    @ mikah

i did not say android. I said evo.... just sayin,

HTC EVO.... go on.
    It's all on the EVO? Yes, running Android?

gmanvulva
    It's always refreshing to see someone reduced to 5th grade insults.

crap on webOS users
    What??? "crap on webOS users"? Deep breaths man... Deep breaths...
    Last edited by gmanvbva; 08/10/2010 at 11:09 AM.
    clutch1222, saying asian competitors suck at design is racist no if ands or buts.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch12
    Please. Hardware is the only advantage evo has at this time... and the "iphone killer" falls short in build quality and/or design. imo...
    and when crogs and mikah tell you othes advantages you say pfft that's software.. What do you even mean then?
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    clutch1222, saying asian competitors suck at design is racist no if ands or buts.

and when crogs and mikah tell you othes advantages you say pfft that's software.. What do you even mean then?
    I dis agree. People, companies, countries build reputations.
    asians strengths are not design... That's my opinion. If I offended you... I apologize sincerly.

what I mean is... What does EVO do... That makes HTC so amazing? What seperates it from the next android device. The fact that sprint makes it it's flagship... Is one thing that can continue to have them sell. Imo, you put a samsung galaxy s next to it.... No competition. It's out less then 2 months... And already bested.

that's my point. Who the hell will be buying an evo in another 3 months?
    evo = hardware. Hardware is out dated at release ... In most cases.
    And yes (from the other thread that is closed)... my family (which had 3 Pre users and still has 2) has gone through 15-20 Pre's. Trust me... I wish I were exaggerating. My wife actually likes her Pre but is becoming absolutely frustrated with constantly needing it replaced. From my experience, it seems that once you get on the "refurb program" it is an absolute crap shoot with regards to what you get (for quality) as a replacement.

I personally went through 3 (first one lasted 6-7 months). My wife is on something like 9-10 and my daughter has been through at least 4.

And with regards to your comments about buying a case and implying obvious abuse.

All but maybe two were from blatantly obvious design defects (power button, volume buttons, charging issues, touch screen failure, etc.). I have rejected 3 replacements right upon receiving them because they already had issues (power button, severe oreo, etc.).

My son is easily the worse with regards to "taking care" of his phone and his Hero has been rock solid for him for for almost 10 months.
    asians strengths are not design... That's my opinion. If I offended you... I apologize sincerly.

what I mean is... What does EVO do... That makes HTC so amazing? What seperates it from the next android device. The fact that sprint makes it it's flagship... Is one thing that can continue to have them sell. Imo, you put a samsung galaxy s next to it.... No competition. It's out less then 2 months... And already bested.

This shows how much you know about these phone(s) and the manufacturers.

Samsung has a much maligned history for mobile devices and supporting them.
    HTC is (currently) considered one of the better hardware manufacturers in the industry and typically supports there devices "fairly well" (considering the industry as a whole).

HTC also is responsible for the Sense UI (on Android) which is generally considered the best OEM UI implementation. Samsung has one of the most criticized OEM UI implementations in Touchwiz.

Here is what HTC has done with their recent hardware success.

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Mobile-and-...ercent-420321/
    Last edited by gmanvbva; 08/10/2010 at 02:24 PM.

What is with this belief that every that teh general populace has any idea how many mega/teraflops CPUs can do?

The Evo has its own advantages vs. the Galaxy. I'm buying an Evo when i can wait a few more days for a galaxy but i personally prfer the benefits of the Evo. Stop pretending that everyone only wants the highest spec'd phone cause thats not the cause with options.
    [QUOTE=gmanvbva;2598604]This shows how much you know about these phone(s) and the manufacturers.

Samsung has a much maligned history for mobile devices and supporting them.
    HTC is (currently) considered one of the better hardware manufacturers in the industry and typically supports there devices "fairly well" (considering the industry as a whole).

HTC also is responsible for the Sense UI (on Android) which is generally considered the best OEM UI implementation. Samsung has one of the most criticized OEM UI implementations in Touchwiz.

Here is what HTC has done with their recent hardware success.

[url]

you keep telling me how littke I know of these phones... But you have yet to tell me what_ other thanbyou biased opinions_ makes you any more crdible.
    avoid much?
    htc sense ui ... Yawn imo.
    so htc durability is an advantage over samsung.
    you call me out on predicting webos release date... Then are predicting reliability issues with galaxy.

with your logic... I will debate . I have two users with 2 yr old instincts.... Originals... Not a scratch on them. Samsung , last time I checked.

your a biased android user.... Period.

htc sense.... Lol
    Evo has a kickstand
    HDMI out via hdmi port (galaxy only w/special usb to hdmi cable)
    Hardware Quality reccord of HTC is higher in comparison to samsung
    No keyboard
    size .3 inches can make a difference
    More screen less bezel.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    samsungs are plasticky and cheap looking. reminds me of the pre lol
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    So this thread went from comparing a year old Pre to the Evo 4G and now the Epic 4G? Amazing. IMO the Epic is miles better though. HDMI is barely anything to write home about and I am sure the majority will never use it. I know I wouldn't. The Epic can handle 3D games miles better. Hell even the Palm Pre handles games better than the Evo. Another thing which has been mentioned many times before is the Evo has 16bit screen 65K colors and the Evo has 24bit 16.7 million color screen and the difference is spectacular. Many people complain about how washed out the Evo screen is and something I noticed immediately.

Asphalt 5 on the Evo runs in slow motion.

http://www.androidcentral.com/att-sa...icsgaming-test
    Last edited by jamex; 08/10/2010 at 09:20 PM.
    even motorolas look less cheap than samsungs. I actually like the look of the new Droids coming out...
    What??? "crap on webOS users"? Deep breaths man... Deep breaths...
    Yes... april 2010... this is what you were upto.

gmanvulva... hating on webOS since at least 4/2010... at arguably the easiest time to crap on webOS users... with Palms fate unknown.

"Ruh Roh... The sky is falling. " gman.... weak

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...e-android.html

That is the thread you created ... is it not?
    i used crap ... to keep it pg.

I know little of these phones...

webOS fragmented? You calling me out?

still waiting on credentials..... mr. expert

Evo has a kickstand.. LOL

Durr..
    Evo stands out like so.

Evo has a kickstand
    No keyboard
    More screen less bezel.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Evo stands out like so.

Evo has a kickstand
    No keyboard
    More screen less bezel.
    no keyboard?

why am i bringing the galaxy into this?

because both of these phones... are almost identical.
    the only BIG difference.. is the screens. the EVO... very washed out. The Galaxy... very nice super amoled screen.
    The Galaxy specs win out overall imo . Hummingbird processor... nice.

well. i just watched these two videos. I now know plenty about these phones. They both wil have a very difficult time distinguishing themselves form each other.. and the rest of the android competition. a minus imo.

Evo... has meet its match in the galaxy.. and droidx... within a month of launch.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbritt31 View Post
    samsungs are plasticky and cheap looking. reminds me of the pre lol
    biased much?

new galaxy s build is decent.

neither the evo nor the galaxy hold a candle to the iphone 4.0 design.
    both of these phones are ugly in comparison.. imo.
    they both fall into the iphone knock off category.
    Still confused why people say android phones are iPhone knock offs.

But whatever...this forum is hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamex View Post
    So this thread went from comparing a year old Pre to the Evo 4G and now the Epic 4G? Amazing. IMO the Epic is miles better though. HDMI is barely anything to write home about and I am sure the majority will never use it. I know I wouldn't. The Epic can handle 3D games miles better. Hell even the Palm Pre handles games better than the Evo. Another thing which has been mentioned many times before is the Evo has 16bit screen 65K colors and the Evo has 24bit 16.7 million color screen and the difference is spectacular. Many people complain about how washed out the Evo screen is and something I noticed immediately.

Asphalt 5 on the Evo runs in slow motion.

http://www.androidcentral.com/att-sa...icsgaming-test
    People act like the GPU can't run games...there are many 3D games that work great and look better than asphlt on the Evo...its developers not optimizing for them. Pre didn't really have a huge issue with this because it used the same processor as the iPhone....(yet there are still 3D game issues).

Regardless, many people don't play games on their phone (including me)....i bought 4 3D games and the only one i really play is Lets Golf (which works fine on the Evo).
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    Still confused why people say android phones are iPhone knock offs.

But whatever...this forum is hilarious.
    umm... I said evo and galaxy are iphone knock offs.

the are slab / virtual keyboard phones.

They have the same form factor as an iphone.
    EVO performance improved considerably after the last update. Perhaps HTC/Sprint should have not even enabled the GPU for six months to avoid any performance issues?

And you are completely missing the point of the EVO and EPIC on Sprint. It was not meant to replace the EVO at all.

An important purchasing decision for smartphone users is having a physical keyboard or not.
    The Epic now makes it possible for Sprint to offer both options to it's customer based on high-end Android devices.

With regards to the screen. From what I understand... it depends on what screen you get and what hardware version you have. I do not feel my screen looks washed out at all. The screen on my EVO is (literally) twice the size of my Pre's. Size matters.

And don't look now... but all of those "iPhone knock offs" are selling like hot cakes and are one of the reasons that this is happening.

Canalys: Android takes Q2 smartphone market share lead in US with 886 percent year-over-year growth -- Engadget