View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

    286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

    222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

    80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

    286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

    18 2.02%
Page 156 of 182 FirstFirst ... 56106146151152153154155156157158159160161166 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,120 of 3633
  1. #3101  
    It's only happened twice and not recently, but I just can't take the chance and don't want to rely on backups.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  2. #3102  
    and where are all the Palm phones made? Where are HP's products made? Seriously, pro USA banter for american based companies that farm out all their manufacturing to SE Asia like everyone else? Please. With all the OEM manufacturers in SE Asia, Palm couldn't even pick a good one. And in case of Sprint, are still trying to force feed the original crap hardware while EVERYONE else gets to play with Plus with the kicker of no new hardware in the near future. If companies want us to support them, they need to lead by example.

    People put down others (phones, people, whatever) because of their own defensiveness and insecurity, plain and simple. Has nothing to do with Android being the big guy and Palm being the little guy. There's benefits to both sides of that equation, and each OS has it's own set of positives and negatives. People that blindly support one and bash the other are just ignorant and really don't offer any credibility with their opinions.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  3. #3103  
    Mr. Hatchetjob, you seem pretty biased against Android. However, looking at the latest shake-up at HP, you may need to reconsider. I'm wondering if anything new is coming until the current CEO takes another look at things. Android still has manufacturers pumping out phones and even if one firm goes nuts like HP has, there's still others.

    Even I'm reconsidering getting another HP laptop. This is the 2nd time an HP CEO has been dumped, isn't it?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  4. #3104  
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    and where are all the Palm phones made? Where are HP's products made? Seriously, pro USA banter for american based companies that farm out all their manufacturing to SE Asia like everyone else? Please. With all the OEM manufacturers in SE Asia, Palm couldn't even pick a good one. And in case of Sprint, are still trying to force feed the original crap hardware while EVERYONE else gets to play with Plus with the kicker of no new hardware in the near future. If companies want us to support them, they need to lead by example.

    People put down others (phones, people, whatever) because of their own defensiveness and insecurity, plain and simple. Has nothing to do with Android being the big guy and Palm being the little guy. There's benefits to both sides of that equation, and each OS has it's own set of positives and negatives. People that blindly support one and bash the other are just ignorant and really don't offer any credibility with their opinions.
    what is HTC doing that is innovative? their designs .. ugly - pumping out flavor of the week phones. EVO is a big iphone wanna be. one big difference is they're... much much uglier and clunky in comparison.

    Samsung.. a korean company.. created an iphone 3gs clone called the Galaxy s. asians have been doing this for years in the auto industry. they lack the creativity for design that US / german / Italian auto makers ( to name a few) ... so they copy and build them more efficiently and cheaper.

    yes... many or all of the OEMS have hardware produced in asian countries... but the designs/ engineering are American.. as is the company selling them. big difference.

    Palm, an american company with years of experience in smartphones , big time innovator, designed an OS from scratch, and built their own hardware , in house... with less than a 1000 empoyee headcount. Hundreds of users on THIS site bashing them on where they fell short. weak.


    I disagree on big vs little guy. The problem i have with apple and android users taking shots at webOS ...on this site... is the motivation. any other site... big difference.

    Palm was on the brink of bankruptcy and extinction. Many of the same users who are constatntly criticizing palm and webOS now... were laughing and predicting the failure of the OS and the company... a few months back? If the webOS community had not promoted PRE phones at home and at work.... and put their support behind webOS... i think PALM could very well have failed. Why would anyone want that? Palm has added many innovative features that are now available on other smartphones today ( universal search to mention 1) . putting down palm and hoping it fails is the most absurd mentality imo. I spend ZERO time on anyother smartphone site putting down their phones. Let them thrive.... the more choices the better.

    HP mention webOS faithfuls as impressive... and Palm community as large as Apple's. They noticed that... and envy that Apple has that ... and wanted it for themselves. Brand Loyalty. The types of loyalty between the two... has changed in recent years. So users on this site supporting webOS... and defending it ... is arguable one of the big motivators behind HP purchasing Palm.



    i agree, android vs Apple putdowns... same thing. them puting down webOS for the last 6 months.... not the same thing.

    Supporting webOS... in hopes it would survive and thrive... and defending it on Precentral... is not the same thing as supporting android with a 900% growth rate.... and posting put downs on precentral.
    BIg Difference

    debating the diference is in the phones is healthy... but all of the " im leaving, what should i get next" and " get the evo... its soo much better" threads/ posts .... on P|C ... very lame.
  5. #3105  
    American companies can still screw up. GM anyone?

    HTC did have the foresight to get out a 4G phone. Even if you hate the EVO, I don't think any American company put out a 4G phone yet. And the Galaxy S isn't a cheaply built knock off of the iPhone. It has pretty good specs! Plus Samsung has been pretty innovative with many of their electronics. They did start out as a knock off company, but have come a long way. Though a lot of their AT&T dumbphones are horrible, lol.

    As for Palm, yes the original Palm did a lot for smartphones. But after the changes at the top, they got complacent and fell behind due to not reading current market trends. I remember when they kept making excuses as to why they wouldn't put built-in wifi on Treos, when WM had several phones that did this. They started releasing the same design year after year with only incremental improvements. That made many not really see a need to upgrade. I still don't know how Apple got away with that unscathed with the 3GS, must be the huge fanbase.

    But Palm had to play catch up, and even that was too late due to their own screw ups again. I don't know about all the people posting against Palm, but I think some are disillusioned. I know I have been very disappointed in the current progress.

    I still have the 650 lying around somewhere.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  6. #3106  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    American companies can still screw up. GM anyone?

    HTC did have the foresight to get out a 4G phone. Even if you hate the EVO, I don't think any American company put out a 4G phone yet. And the Galaxy S isn't a cheaply built knock off of the iPhone. It has pretty good specs! Plus Samsung has been pretty innovative with many of their electronics. They did start out as a knock off company, but have come a long way. Though a lot of their AT&T dumbphones are horrible, lol.

    As for Palm, yes the original Palm did a lot for smartphones. But after the changes at the top, they got complacent and fell behind due to not reading current market trends. I remember when they kept making excuses as to why they wouldn't put built-in wifi on Treos, when WM had several phones that did this. They started releasing the same design year after year with only incremental improvements. That made many not really see a need to upgrade. I still don't know how Apple got away with that unscathed with the 3GS, must be the huge fanbase.

    But Palm had to play catch up, and even that was too late due to their own screw ups again. I don't know about all the people posting against Palm, but I think some are disillusioned. I know I have been very disappointed in the current progress.

    I still have the 650 lying around somewhere.
    Phone DIva... you are a perfect example of a user who stays objective most ly... and post in a manner that is provocative... and generate the type of debate that is healthy.

    Palm's history is what it is. What disturbs me is when people flat out want to see them fail. How in any way is that a good thing..

    There are hundreds of examples of why Palm existing.. is good. canty find 1 for them failing being good. yet, hundreds of users hate on webOS, harshly criticize palm, especially when they were on the brink of failure.

    so... why users might blindly support webOS... i can at least justify. Why they would bash and try to crush... ??? less choices and innovation for all of us to enjoy.
  7. #3107  
    those darn asians with there poor design sense and small

    what the hell clutch.
    Bit general aren't we. And breathe.

    about the evo: newer, faster, better build quality, and more features. Run android.
    about the pre: older, slower, poorer build quality, and less features. Runs Webos.

    which os is better? That's up to you. I choose android.

    -sent from my pre
  8. #3108  
    Sometimes you have to fail and start over. It's a horrible pill to swallow, but if you're stuck in a rut, it may be the best thing.

    But Hurd sure up. Palm supporters really do not need this shake up because what if the interim CEO puts a hold on things or the new one decides to take things in some other direction? They hadn't announced anything but were hinting at something. Now who knows? Grrr.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  9. #3109  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    American companies can still screw up. GM anyone?

    HTC did have the foresight to get out a 4G phone. Even if you hate the EVO, I don't think any American company put out a 4G phone yet. And the Galaxy S isn't a cheaply built knock off of the iPhone. It has pretty good specs! Plus Samsung has been pretty innovative with many of their electronics. They did start out as a knock off company, but have come a long way. Though a lot of their AT&T dumbphones are horrible, lol.

    As for Palm, yes the original Palm did a lot for smartphones. But after the changes at the top, they got complacent and fell behind due to not reading current market trends. I remember when they kept making excuses as to why they wouldn't put built-in wifi on Treos, when WM had several phones that did this. They started releasing the same design year after year with only incremental improvements. That made many not really see a need to upgrade. I still don't know how Apple got away with that unscathed with the 3GS, must be the huge fanbase.

    But Palm had to play catch up, and even that was too late due to their own screw ups again. I don't know about all the people posting against Palm, but I think some are disillusioned. I know I have been very disappointed in the current progress.

    I still have the 650 lying around somewhere.

    agree my Diva -- Palm mismanaged itself into irrelevancy.

    They wasted far more energy and resources on "corporate engineering", than product innovation and improvement.

    Most scandalously was the hideous hacking of Palm into 2 -- "engineered" by the executive now at HP, someone considered one of the prospective replacements for Hurd.

    They suffered from a fatal dose of incumbent's disease -- the self satisfied category leader disconnected from reality, the aspirations and demands of its customers -- and disconnected from awareness and appreciation for its real world competition.
    Last edited by BARYE; 08/08/2010 at 10:52 PM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  10. #3110  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    agree my Diva -- Palm mismanaged itself into irrelevancy.

    They wasted far more energy and resources on "corporate engineering", than product innovation and improvement.

    Most scandalously was the hideous hacking of Palm into 2 -- "engineered" by the executive now at HP, someone considered one of the prospective replacements for Hurd.

    They suffered from a fatal dose of incumbent's disease -- the self satisfied category leader disconnected from reality -- the aspirations and demands of its customers, and awareness and appreciation for its real world competition.
    palm is dead?
    HP’s WebOS Device Promos Starting in September?

    http://www.gottabemobile.com/2010/08...8GottaBeMobile

    Long live Palm!
    Last edited by clutch1222; 08/09/2010 at 01:27 AM.
  11. rogeratm's Avatar
    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    #3111  
    I do love my Pre but would love it more if there were a few more great applications. Some, I've been waiting a year for. Developers are not jumping on the bandwagon because Palm, the company, is weak. HP could change that dynamic but, so far, I have seen no indication of major developers preparing to jump in on the WebOS bandwagon. Am I wrong? I think the demise of Mark Hurd at the helm confuses the issue even more.
    I'm needing some new capabilities (actually I had them on my old Palm) Android has them. Unless I see something new and improved from Palm/HP before I can get my hands on the Epic, I will be gone. Likewise, I would be happy to leave Sprint when my contract is completed, if I'm still looking at that time.
    I really love the idea of the WiFi tethering capability of the EVO and Epic.
  12. #3112  
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch1222 View Post
    palm is dead?
    HPs WebOS Device Promos Starting in September?

    HPs WebOS Device Promos Starting in September? | GottaBeMobile

    Long live Palm!
    So... a HP exec plans on traveling to the Bay area in September..... and that equals.... HP announcing/promoting new mobile devices for webOS (in September)?

    Wow... people are looking for any sign of life at this point...
  13. #3113  
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    So... a HP exec plans on traveling to the Bay area in September..... and that equals.... HP announcing/promoting new mobile devices for webOS (in September)?

    Wow... people are looking for any sign of life at this point...
    If you don't use WebOS you're a communist!
  14. #3114  
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch1222 View Post
    what is HTC doing that is innovative? their designs .. ugly - pumping out flavor of the week phones. EVO is a big iphone wanna be. one big difference is they're... much much uglier and clunky in comparison.

    Samsung.. a korean company.. created an iphone 3gs clone called the Galaxy s. asians have been doing this for years in the auto industry. they lack the creativity for design that US / german / Italian auto makers ( to name a few) ... so they copy and build them more efficiently and cheaper.

    yes... many or all of the OEMS have hardware produced in asian countries... but the designs/ engineering are American.. as is the company selling them. big difference.

    Palm, an american company with years of experience in smartphones , big time innovator, designed an OS from scratch, and built their own hardware , in house... with less than a 1000 empoyee headcount. Hundreds of users on THIS site bashing them on where they fell short. weak.


    I disagree on big vs little guy. The problem i have with apple and android users taking shots at webOS ...on this site... is the motivation. any other site... big difference.

    Palm was on the brink of bankruptcy and extinction. Many of the same users who are constatntly criticizing palm and webOS now... were laughing and predicting the failure of the OS and the company... a few months back? If the webOS community had not promoted PRE phones at home and at work.... and put their support behind webOS... i think PALM could very well have failed. Why would anyone want that? Palm has added many innovative features that are now available on other smartphones today ( universal search to mention 1) . putting down palm and hoping it fails is the most absurd mentality imo. I spend ZERO time on anyother smartphone site putting down their phones. Let them thrive.... the more choices the better.

    HP mention webOS faithfuls as impressive... and Palm community as large as Apple's. They noticed that... and envy that Apple has that ... and wanted it for themselves. Brand Loyalty. The types of loyalty between the two... has changed in recent years. So users on this site supporting webOS... and defending it ... is arguable one of the big motivators behind HP purchasing Palm.



    i agree, android vs Apple putdowns... same thing. them puting down webOS for the last 6 months.... not the same thing.

    Supporting webOS... in hopes it would survive and thrive... and defending it on Precentral... is not the same thing as supporting android with a 900% growth rate.... and posting put downs on precentral.
    BIg Difference

    debating the diference is in the phones is healthy... but all of the " im leaving, what should i get next" and " get the evo... its soo much better" threads/ posts .... on P|C ... very lame.
    Your posts get worse day by day. Seek help man... Seek help. You know very little about those phones and it uses of the OS.
    And yet, you spend a great majority of your time on Precentral in the cross-platform area... Where people come to discuss other platforms!~~
    And know you seem to be resorting to racist slants to prove you opinion (support) for Palm...
  15. #3115  
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    Your posts get worse day by day. Seek help man... Seek help. You know very little about those phones and it uses of the OS.
    And yet, you spend a great majority of your time on Precentral in the cross-platform area... Where people come to discuss other platforms!~~
    And know you seem to be resorting to racist slants to prove you opinion (support) for Palm...
    you seem to scan posts...then find only things to disagree with.

    nothing racist at all.. Unless you choose to see it that way.
    by choosing HP Palm over htc... I am supporting an american compamy.... As opposed to a vietnamese one.
    not the reason for purchasing a webOS phone... But a bonus. Nothing racist about that.
    my opinions on the strengths and weakness of countries... Are just opinions... Based on an observation. Nothing racist.

    I know little about these phones. Ok
    What, other than your opinions... Have you contributed to this site?
    your opinion..post after post....period.


    what are your qualifications?

    what makes you a qualified contributor on this site.
    Last edited by clutch1222; 08/09/2010 at 05:17 PM.
  16. #3116  
    gmanvulva... hating on webOS since at least 4/2010... at arguably the easiest time to crap on webOS users... with Palms fate unknown.

    "Ruh Roh... The sky is falling. " gman.... weak

    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...e-android.html

    webOS fragmented?


    I...know little of these phones?

    nice try ... hater.

    Evo... imo.... is nothing special. wow... big washed out 4.3 screen. pales in comparison to samsung galaxy.. and iphone 4.0

    4G... great. first 4 G phone. most of the country does not have it. Palm could launch a 4g phone by xmas... and what would webos users have missed out on? absolutely nothing if 4G has not rolled out in their areas. how many markets is 4g available in today? not many.

    Please. Hardware is the only advantage evo has at this time... and the "iphone killer" falls short in build quality and/or design. imo...

    man.. this hating thing is pretty easy.. all i have to do is find as many faults with a product or person.... imo... weak.
    Last edited by clutch1222; 08/10/2010 at 03:12 AM.
  17. #3117  
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch1222 View Post
    and what would webos users have missed out on?

    Please. Hardware is the only advantage evo has at this time... and the "iphone killer" falls short in build quality and/or design. imo...
    Seamless Google Voice and document editing. Just sayin'.
  18. #3118  
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    Seamless Google Voice and document editing. Just sayin'.
    Well, that and...

    Flash
    Way more apps
    More stable video recording
    Swype
    Developer momentum so major companies like Netflix, GM, and Blockbuster HAVE to make apps for them because they have the critical mass.


    Small things, I know, but people seem to respond to these advantages.
  19. #3119  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Well, that and...

    Flash
    Way more apps
    More stable video recording
    Swype
    Developer momentum so major companies like Netflix, GM, and Blockbuster HAVE to make apps for them because they have the critical mass.


    Small things, I know, but people seem to respond to these advantages.
    @ crogs
    @ mikah

    i did not say android. I said evo.... just sayin,

    HTC EVO.... go on.
  20. #3120  
    ohh yeah... btw. chek this out.
    makes you feel all fuzzy inside.. doesnt it.

    Foreign Employers Less Popular in China

    Foreign Employers Less Popular in China - China Real Time Report - WSJ

    “It’s mostly because of the financial crisis,” she says. “People now think [foreign companies] are not stable, and that they have more security at domestic companies.”

    buying products made in taiwan / china ... designed and engineered in the U.S.A. thats one thing

    buying products from chinese/ tiawanese companies... whole different thing.

    we already lost the battle in auto... but thats a little different. I drive a toyota.. built in the u.s.a.

    Long Live HTC!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions