View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 154 of 182 FirstFirst ... 54104144149150151152153154155156157158159164 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,080 of 3633
    I have three friends with an evo and played with them a bit. One has been "soft rooted" with unrevoked and the other two are stock. One thing they all have in common: apps crash all the time; its sad when you are showing a poor pre user like me how fast android is, but you cant keep apps open. Now maybe this is a a few specific apps, but I doubt that my friends are downloading the only apps that are poorly coded on the whole marketplace. Also the games suck *** as far as I have seen. Obviously the pre has some problems, but overclocking has more or less solved the lag issue completely for me, and overall, the quality of apps on webOS is very good, at least the ones I use.
    No app crashes here.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    No app crashes here.
    None here either
    had the EVO for a month and never a app crash. It all depends what apps your using. when theres 50K apps there bound to be a couple thousand that are junk and crash devices. But I fully expect that at some point an APP will Crash my phone . they crashed on all my Treos and my Centro and crashed all the time on my Pre. Apps crash. has nothing to do with the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by oasis9389 View Post
    there is always better around the corner.. it took a year for the pre to be officially trumped.. it's going to take some time to trump the evo. its not just a android cloned handset to move units. its a well built phone with top specs.

and let me tell you if the next webos phone is anywhere near this, i'd switch back in a heart beat.. but as of now the current build of the pre and its os.

pre has been end of lifed.

end of story.
    So I take it Asphalt 5 or Need for Speed must run even faster than the Pre or Iphone4... Thats awesome man. 3D gaming must be blistering fast and silky smooth. I'm gonna have to check it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by ttremblay View Post
    This phone looks sweet.

And I saw signs online for 4G Clearwire in San Diego...

Palm - please announce a 4G Palm full touch screen (c40!?)...PLEASE! Otherwise, hello EVO.
    I wish Carriers would REALLY get 3G going before announcing all this 4G mess. I know folks with AT&T, T-Mo, VZW, AND Sprint. and NONE of them report CONSISTENT 3G, even in big cities and highways. When my Pre's browsing tanks cause it can't FIND 3G for more than a few seconds, the issue is NOT the phone, it's coverage. If it's a connected device, it's got to be connected...right?
    Quote Originally Posted by illadelphatic View Post
    I have three friends with an evo and played with them a bit. One has been "soft rooted" with unrevoked and the other two are stock. One thing they all have in common: apps crash all the time; its sad when you are showing a poor pre user like me how fast android is, but you cant keep apps open. Now maybe this is a a few specific apps, but I doubt that my friends are downloading the only apps that are poorly coded on the whole marketplace. Also the games suck *** as far as I have seen. Obviously the pre has some problems, but overclocking has more or less solved the lag issue completely for me, and overall, the quality of apps on webOS is very good, at least the ones I use.
    i love generalizations like this.. i have had the evo for a month now i have never seen an app close.. you make it seem like some glaring problem with the phone to make the pre still seem relevant.
    good try though. epic fail.
    If the devices are rooted and using mods, or using beta apps, maybe that's why they crashed. Sometimes that happens with beta and test apps. And modded ROMs.

But tinkering can be fun.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by oasis9389 View Post
    i love generalizations like this.. i have had the evo for a month now i have never seen an app close.. you make it seem like some glaring problem with the phone to make the pre still seem relevant.
    good try though. epic fail.
    More than generalizations, this thread is mostly opinions and personal angst than fact, but that's why it's here. The fact that we'd compare devices that are made over a year apart should be skewed enough, but some people just can't resist throwing darts, and making invalid arguments appear to make sense. Online, just about anyone can (pretend to) be a pundit. But why bother? It's all about "me." Bashing someone else's stuff may make us feel better for a while, but EVERY device will become obsolete. (Reminds me of my daughter's preschool, LOL). Epic fail avoided: The EVO and PrPrPr&#$275$;
    and (insert your device here) will all lose too someday. I still think the best device for you is the one you own.
    Last edited by copasetic; 07/08/2010 at 05:12 AM. Reason: Stupid Pre Keyboard won't work right.
    I just switched to the HTC Evo from the Palm Pre and I love it, I still like webos but with flash, 8 megapix cam, a larger display, a front cam for video chat, and way more apps I had to try it and I really like it. Adobe Flash was one of the big reasons I got the Palm Pre. Mybe the next palm device will be much better. :$
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    If the devices are rooted and using mods, or using beta apps, maybe that's why they crashed. Sometimes that happens with beta and test apps. And modded ROMs.

But tinkering can be fun.
    I've had exactly one app crash: Rhapsody. Its in beta right now and just got an update a week or ago which has improved stability.

Otherwise the phone has been without faults.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    i'm still waiting for a developer to release something that makes u choose what UI and OS u wanna run...or just WebOS/Android for starters....is that too much to ask these smart developers out there???...i'll pay cash!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by benga View Post
    i'm still waiting for a developer to release something that makes u choose what UI and OS u wanna run...or just WebOS/Android for starters....is that too much to ask these smart developers out there???...i'll pay cash!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by benga View Post
    why would you put 4x4 tires onto a Ferrari? I guess it's still an automobile if you're looking for choices.....
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Got to experience the EVO this weekend, and here's what i have to say:

Awesome phone, loved it. The big screen is just amazing. Would i switch to it, well...that's another story.

When i compared the OS of that phone to my palm pres...there were some missing things, although, the EVO had plenty other great features that are missing from the PRE. Only reason i would buy the EVO today is because the true multi tasking that our phone offers....Our phone is so much faster when it comes to multi tasking (not actual speed) and the EVO was just not there. Other then that, the phone is great and i loved it. Maybe when my real upgrade due date is available...there will be a new phone in comparison that will have the same/similar tasking as we have today.
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    why would you put 4x4 tires onto a Ferrari? I guess it's still an automobile if you're looking for choices.....
    I'd try to do it. 4x4s on a Ferrari would be cool to see.

All I know is... I can afford HP 'til the end of the summer to announce their next smartphone. Otherswise I'm gonna pimp my Hyundai, instead.

GO, SOUTH KOREA!!
    Hate to say this. Until now,the only phones I ever owned were Palm. But I got the Evo a few days ago. It is really much better. My Pre worked pretty well -- I had lots of patches and a kernal installed. But the Evo is better without patches. Apparently it can be rooted, but I have yet to see any benefits since it works very well without rooting. There are also lots of apps and widgets -- for example Amazon Kindle (and an app called ireader that is about as good as preader). The Pre development community does a wonderful job, but the Evo actually works better without so much work.
    Laissez Faire
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Ask Audi why they put 4x4 tires on a Lamborghini.
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    Hate to say this. Until now,the only phones I ever owned were Palm. But I got the Evo a few days ago. It is really much better. My Pre worked pretty well -- I had lots of patches and a kernal installed. But the Evo is better without patches. Apparently it can be rooted, but I have yet to see any benefits since it works very well without rooting. There are also lots of apps and widgets -- for example Amazon Kindle (and an app called ireader that is about as good as preader). The Pre development community does a wonderful job, but the Evo actually works better without so much work.
    Android had a 2 year head start on this stuff, and the ocmpanies building the devices weren't bordering on bankruptcy.

At this point, either HPalm will fail spectacularly, or they will be able to be truly competitive in about 18 months or so. For me, it is hte perfect time to pick up an Android phone.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    coworker brought in his new EVO today and had an instant crowd around him. screen looked great, I compared my pre side by side to it and the difference is massive.

come on HP/Palm, this is getting ridiculous!