View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 153 of 182 FirstFirst ... 53103143148149150151152153154155156157158163 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,060 of 3633
    multi-tasking = do more than one thing at once. i can run circles around my productivity level when i was on the pre. hell i had to wait 30 secs to read an effing email.. i can't tell you what a joy it is to click on the email and see the text IN CONVERSATION view instantly. its so joyful.
    Well I can see why these people come back to this forum to troll...I was just perusing androidcentral.com and the forum over there and it is literally filled with trolls. The evo people are over here messing with the year old pre because over there, there's a new android phone coming out every day. To the guy who thinks his evo will be the best phone on the market for some time: sure, I'm sure the chipmakers (Nvidia, texas instruments, etc.) will throw away their 1.5-2Ghz chips because you got an evo. Moores law basically proves that you dont have the fastest phone on the market for longer than a month. Oh, and my sprint pre beats my friend's evo on the sunspider benchmark. So why dont you take your minitablet back to android central where the Moto droid X people are trashing your phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by oasis9389 View Post
    please re-read my post: once you get over the fancy card view..

obviously you are still hung up on the fancy pretty lil card view on your lil pre.
    lol dude. get over card view? what are you talking about thats like saying get over have multiple windows on your computer and just start holding a button to see your last 6 open apps. which don't always go to exactly where you left off. I'm sure everyone would rather do that.

like i said pre is way better at multi tasking. the evo has it but its no where near as good. re read my post and go enjoy your evo.
    Quote Originally Posted by illadelphatic View Post
    Well I can see why these people come back to this forum to troll...I was just perusing androidcentral.com and the forum over there and it is literally filled with trolls. The evo people are over here messing with the year old pre because over there, there's a new android phone coming out every day. To the guy who thinks his evo will be the best phone on the market for some time: sure, I'm sure the chipmakers (Nvidia, texas instruments, etc.) will throw away their 1.5-2Ghz chips because you got an evo. Moores law basically proves that you dont have the fastest phone on the market for longer than a month. Oh, and my sprint pre beats my friend's evo on the sunspider benchmark. So why dont you take your minitablet back to android central where the Moto droid X people are trashing your phone.
    i'm aware of the chips. this phone could not be faster, a larger chip would not improve this phone and i am saying features will not be developed that need a 2ghz chip for some time. the evo has maxed out the markets capability. this will be the bench mark for some time.

wait and see.
    Quote Originally Posted by tool69 View Post
    lol dude. get over card view? what are you talking about thats like saying get over have multiple windows on your computer and just start holding a button to see your last 6 open apps. which don't always go to exactly where you left off. I'm sure everyone would rather do that.

like i said pre is way better at multi tasking. the evo has it but its no where near as good. re read my post and go enjoy your evo.
    oh that argument... i used to use that one.. lol so blind.. what the point of having pretty cards when they are sooooooooooooo slow.. if i had to wait to see an email one more time..
    any time i geared up to show off my pre.. i open a card.. then i'd say "now look i can open this and this..... " ::waits for something to open::

friends dismisses the phone as "man that is slow, get out of here"

which it is.. on the evo by just simply switching apps i can MT 10x faster. and yes everything runs in the backround.. its not effing iphone MT
    multi-tasking = do more than one thing at once. i can run circles around my productivity level when i was on the pre. hell i had to wait 30 secs to read an effing email.. i can't tell you what a joy it is to click on the email and see the text IN CONVERSATION view instantly. its so joyful.
    funny cuz my evo does not load an email instantly. faster then pre yes but not instantly. just accept that the pre does something better then your evo! lol seriously why are you constantly posting about how great your evo is and how much the pre sucks. If your evo is so amazing go use it and stop trolling! or better yet go to androidcentral last time i checked they have forums too!
    funny cuz my evo does not load an email instantly. faster then pre yes but not instantly. just accept that the pre does something better then your evo! lol seriously why are you constantly posting about how great your evo is and how much the pre sucks. If your evo is so amazing go use it and stop trolling! or better yet go to androidcentral last time i checked they have forums too!
    lol not instant.. compared to the speed of the pre its instant.. its less than a second for the text to appear.. and remember conversation loads that quick, which can be, and is for me always, up to 100 emaisl at once.
    i'm aware of the chips. this phone could not be faster, a larger chip would not improve this phone and i am saying features will not be developed that need a 2ghz chip for some time. the evo has maxed out the markets capability. this will be the bench mark for some time.

wait and see.
    HAHAHAHA . yup sure. there is no foreseeable need for faster phones. Nor phones with chips that run at the same speed with more efficiency. Get over your phone's specs, they are good I'm sure but there is always better around the corner. There is another palm phone around the corner too, and I will wait for that because android is not at all to my taste.
    oh that argument... i used to use that one.. lol so blind.. what the point of having pretty cards when they are sooooooooooooo slow.. if i had to wait to see an email one more time..
    plz explain to me how im blind? i have an evo and pre sitting right next to me. i gave the evo and android props but to me I like the pre and webos better. anyways have fun with your evo and hopefully you will stop trolling at some point. later.
    HAHAHAHA . yup sure. there is no foreseeable need for faster phones. Nor phones with chips that run at the same speed with more efficiency. Get over your phone's specs, they are good I'm sure but there is always better around the corner. There is another palm phone around the corner too, and I will wait for that because android is not at all to my taste.
    there is always better around the corner.. it took a year for the pre to be officially trumped.. it's going to take some time to trump the evo. its not just a android cloned handset to move units. its a well built phone with top specs.

and let me tell you if the next webos phone is anywhere near this, i'd switch back in a heart beat.. but as of now the current build of the pre and its os.

pre has been end of lifed.

end of story.
    plz explain to me how im blind? i have an evo and pre sitting right next to me. i gave the evo and android props but to me I like the pre and webos better. anyways have fun with your evo and hopefully you will stop trolling at some point. later.
    the old "i have em both in front of me right now" line too..

mmmhhmmmmm
    Why waste your time, he keeps repeating the same line over and over again. If you ignore him and he takes his medicine, eventually he'll go away.
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Note View Post
    Why waste your time, he keeps repeating the same line over and over again. If you ignore him and he takes his medicine, eventually he'll go away.
    this site is the most visited site on my firefox.. i hadn't been back since i got the evo, i was shocked to see this thread and seeing you guys trying to play the same old "not a pre, no cards" defense to the evo? really ? lol

bye.
    How fast is your evo? 1Ghz right? 512ram right? yeah a pre plus is perfectly capable of those specs, and a spint pre with compressed ram is very nearly capable of the same performance. Also, the 40 some percent speed increase of android 2.2 (which I hope you get soon...sucks that that old nexus one is faster than your brand new evo) is open sourced code and webos should have the same increase in efficiency within the next few months. Also, how much fun is Need for Speed on that big 4.3 in screen?
    How fast is your evo? 1Ghz right? 512ram right? yeah a pre plus is perfectly capable of those specs, and a spint pre with compressed ram is very nearly capable of the same performance. Also, the 40 some percent speed increase of android 2.2 (which I hope you get soon...sucks that that old nexus one is faster than your brand new evo) is open sourced code and webos should have the same increase in efficiency within the next few months. Also, how much fun is Need for Speed on that big 4.3 in screen?
    Uh, specs are useless when comparing different operating systems, sir. Trust me when I say even an overclocked Pre is not "capable of the same performance" as an HTC Evo, despite the TI OMAP being a better processor than the Snapdragon at similar clock speeds.

Also, you can throw a 2.2 ROM with the improved JIT on the Evo now just as you can homebrew and overclock a Pre. Actually, the Evo's already been clocked to 1.267 ghz too.
    does any one knows how 2 download the quick text msg box on the palm pre
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Uh, specs are useless when comparing different operating systems, sir. Trust me when I say even an overclocked Pre is not "capable of the same performance" as an HTC Evo, despite the TI OMAP being a better processor than the Snapdragon at similar clock speeds.

Also, you can throw a 2.2 ROM with the improved JIT on the Evo now just as you can homebrew and overclock a Pre. Actually, the Evo's already been clocked to 1.267 ghz too.
    EX.AC.TL.Y

you can't put shotty OS coding on a fast processor and its automatically fast.. the pre has coding flaws. obviously. it should not take 30 secs for email text to appear 90% of the time. the evo is literally at a totally diff level speed wise. i have not waited for a single click on the evo since i have owned it. on the pre it was an amazing day if my pre decided to work at a fast pace.

sure the pre "just worked" better design wise, but the speed of the evo easily makes up for that "just worked" feelings.
    I hear htc is going to rename the evo. To "summers evo"
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    EX.AC.TL.Y

you can't put shotty OS coding on a fast processor and its automatically fast.. the pre has coding flaws. obviously. it should not take 30 secs for email text to appear 90% of the time. the evo is literally at a totally diff level speed wise. i have not waited for a single click on the evo since i have owned it. on the pre it was an amazing day if my pre decided to work at a fast pace.

sure the pre "just worked" better design wise, but the speed of the evo easily makes up for that "just worked" feelings.
    I am using the EVO now and I have several times had the EVO lag or hang on opening an application. The number one being Manage Applications. With that being said, I am really enjoying the EVO over the Pre. While I like the card swipe to close and the email notifications, I find the battery life at least double the Pre and just in general, I like using the EVO much more that the Pre. Can't really put a finger on why, I just like it better.