View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 152 of 182 FirstFirst ... 52102142147148149150151152153154155156157162 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,040 of 3633
    Galaxy and Evo have their own "pluses"

I like the form factor, UI and design of the Evo 10x more than the Galaxy.

Seriously, the galaxy looks like a Moment 2....shudders.
    i was the diest of die hard webos fans, i loved the pre. i finally made the switch to the evo last week.
    let me just say i now see how blind i was, this evo dominates the pre inside and out.
    Quote Originally Posted by oasis9389 View Post
    i was the diest of die hard webos fans, i loved the pre. i finally made the switch to the evo last week.
    let me just say i now see how blind i was, this evo dominates the pre inside and out.
    Thanks for sharing your pointless post. Have a nice day.
    how exactly?please elaborate (if that's how you spell it)lol
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Note View Post
    Thanks for sharing your pointless post. Have a nice day.
    its funny how this forum thinks they have a product that is even somewhat relevant.. i challenge you guys to try an evo for 2 days and then switch back to the pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    one of my friends just bought an evo.. he was shocked at how much better the colors were on my pre.. even more shocked when he played tiger woods golf on my pre... the evo comes no where close to doing the things my pre can. not to mention the screen separation issues on the evo. today he proudly showed me his new pre plus
    omg you guys are delusional
    its funny how this forum thinks they have a product that is even somewhat relevant.. i challenge you guys to try an evo for 2 days and then switch back to the pre.
    Tried it, though I'm the kind of person which prefers quality and substance over the "new and shiny" factor.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    Tried it, though I'm the kind of person which prefers quality and substance over the "new and shiny" factor.
    i had a pre since launch, loved the pre. but there is no denying the evo, every phone since the pre came out was very easy to dismiss. including the 3gs.
    sorry guys the evo just trumped the pre 10 fold. its a massive beast of a phone that is lightening quick.
    its funny.. this forum is kind of turning into the mentality they used to hate, they are acting like iphone users.

for a while (1 year) the pre was the top phone out there, so it was easy to say "not a pre, you can't do this and this and that.. i can"

THAT'S OVER

this evo is the #1 top phone out there without a doubt.. and you are doing what the iphone users did us when the pre came out

"not an iphone haha"
    "not a pre haha"

wake up go buy an evo.
    I have, my son bought one and used it for about a month (so did I) and when the screen came loose, he decided it wasn't that good and took it back for the Incredible (or maybe the Moto Droid X)... or maybe the rumored Droid 2). It was faster, the camera took very crisp photos, but otherwise it was more a matter of personal preference. Of course it's newer so the specs are bound to be better in raw numbers.

I also own a Droid and a Blackberry (for work and evaluation purposes) and I use my Pre more. I'm not a gamer, but the Droid games are just mediocre. The interface is probably a matter of personal preference, but once you get accustomed to swiping away e-mail, the Droid experience is not even close.

Since I'm not one of those techno-lust types who constantly want to jump to the next big thing, I can wait to see what the next Palm offering is. By then even the Evo will be old news in the Android. (Remember when the Moto Droid was the greatest thing since sliced bread... it wasn't that long ago)

Do you find it hard to imagine that not everyone is motivated by the same things that apparently drive your decisions?
    lol i find it funny that all of these people who switched to the evo come back here to post things. If they are so damn happy why even come back to precentral. are you trying to make us pre and pixi users jealous or something? I tried out the evo its a pretty cool phone hardware wise and android is alright but it can not touch webos!

If you think webos has junk in the app catalog look in androids. The only good apps they have that webos doesnt have are the google apps and some that require the mic and camera api. which are really just novelty apps anyways. We have tmc errors while android has force closes and task managers.

Bottom line is they both have faults, but webos to me is the better of the two. i do agree that we need new hardware asap! Evo blows the pre away hardware wise. But its webos that does the job for me. Just be happy with whatever phone you choose. its not a big deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Note View Post
    I have, my son bought one and used it for about a month (so did I) and when the screen came loose, he decided it wasn't that good and took it back for the Incredible (or maybe the Moto Droid X)... or maybe the rumored Droid 2). It was faster, the camera took very crisp photos, but otherwise it was more a matter of personal preference. Of course it's newer so the specs are bound to be better in raw numbers.

I also own a Droid and a Blackberry (for work and evaluation purposes) and I use my Pre more. I'm not a gamer, but the Droid games are just mediocre. The interface is probably a matter of personal preference, but once you get accustomed to swiping away e-mail, the Droid experience is not even close.

Since I'm not one of those techno-lust types who constantly want to jump to the next big thing, I can wait to see what the next Palm offering is. By then even the Evo will be old news in the Android. (Remember when the Moto Droid was the greatest thing since sliced bread... it wasn't that long ago)

Do you find it hard to imagine that not everyone is motivated by the same things that apparently drive your decisions?
    i find it funny that people list the screen issue as a negative in this thread. really? after how awfully the pre was built? you want to go there? the build of the evo is 200000000x better than the pre.
    i don't think you'll be seeing much topping of the evo for a while in the droid market.. maybe a bunch of equaly but this'll be the top dog for a while.
    i could see the droid was a pos from a mile away.
    search my back posts, i loved the pre inside and out.. but its over guys.. snap out of it.
    its funny.. this forum is kind of turning into the mentality they used to hate, they are acting like iphone users.

for a while (1 year) the pre was the top phone out there, so it was easy to say "not a pre, you can't do this and this and that.. i can"

THAT'S OVER

this evo is the #1 top phone out there without a doubt.. and you are doing what the iphone users did us when the pre came out

"not an iphone haha"
    "not a pre haha"

wake up go buy an evo.
    If you like the Evo, that cool.... here's your site:

http://www.androidcentral.com/

Everyone is entitled to his opinion, but you you know what they say about opinions...

See ya!

Wonder why you feel the need to convince everyone that we should all feel like you?
    not convincing anyone. 6 days ago i was in your guys boat and made the switch. i woulda defended the pre forever.. thought it was the greatest thing.
    once you get over the love of the card view; even multi-tasking is better on the evo. and the pre=multi-tasking thats how over the pre is.
    i find it funny that people list the screen issue as a negative in this thread. really? after how awfully the pre was built? you want to go there? the build of the evo is 200000000x better than the pre.
    i don't think you'll be seeing much topping of the evo for a while in the droid market.. maybe a bunch of equaly but this'll be the top dog for a while.
    i could see the droid was a pos from a mile away.
    All I can do is speak from my experience as a user. My Pre - NO PROBLEMS. My Droid - a few most notably a very loose speaker jack. My son's three Androids - all had build quality problems so that he ended up taking them all back.

Others may have different experiences, but those are the facts. So once again, it foolish to try to take an experience and apply it universally. You mileage may vary.
    the evos multi tasking comes no where near the pres. I've used both. lol dude just go enjoy your evo.
    again really? build quality is your argument against the evo? in favor of the pre? my pre was like a plastic fisher price toy that kept falling apart.
    Quote Originally Posted by tool69 View Post
    the evos multi tasking comes no where near the pres. I've used both. lol dude just go enjoy your evo.
    please re-read my post: once you get over the fancy card view..

obviously you are still hung up on the fancy pretty lil card view on your lil pre.