View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 15 of 182 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202565115 ... LastLast
    i think the evo is going to be sprints "droid". It could potentially bring a large amount of customers back to sprint, but i dont see it being a number that moves them up in rank.

My fear about this, is that this phone is gonna be released in the "summer", which could translate to june or july. if this happens, many release day pre owners should be up for upgrade, and may do so. when palm decides to release a new handset on sprint, i think it will be after the Evo, and then palm will be in the same boat they were in with verizon having released behind the droid.
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettQ View Post
    My fear about this, is that this phone is gonna be released in the "summer", which could translate to june or july. if this happens, many release day pre owners should be up for upgrade, and may do so. when palm decides to release a new handset on sprint, i think it will be after the Evo, and then palm will be in the same boat they were in with verizon having released behind the droid.
    I think the timing is just what Sprint wants. The pre was their flagship last year and now all those premier customers that got it early on will be due for an upgrade in this time period and then get an EVO.
    I hope Palm learned a lesson with Droid and releases new phone before EVO.
    I can not wait!!
    Unlike many posters here, I dont suck Palms d!ck because I feel like I owe them some type of loyalty!

HTC + Android + Sprint 4G = WIN

Whooo!! cant wait
    I waas watching the hands-on vid when I noticed the guy pressed a button which seemed to open a screen that showed cards like on webos. The link is posted below. Any thoughts?

Sprint&#039;s HTC EVO 4G: 5 Killer Features - PCWorld
    check out the demo directly from Sprint's CTIA:

Part 1:

Part 2:
    I thought I'd read that the Leap function (which I guess this is called) was actually just a way of viewing at once all 7 of your homescreens, and then jumping to whichever one you wanted. Not quite the same thing as cards... if this is what you're talking about.

Source:
    HTC Legend launching with Android 2.1, Sense, and a little style
    THIS IS HOW WE HANDLE BUSINESS
    It looks like PC World got it wrong. From HTC's press release:
    - http://bit.ly/cFPgMP

"...a 'Leap' thumbnail view to easily switch between home screen 'panels;'...."

From what I know about Android, each of those panels can house a widget and then function 'like' an app, so it's a little like Palm's card view, but just barely.
    The Evo landscape lag might have just been caused by how the guy was holding the phone. Everything else seems to be fast.
    One of the things I really like about the Pre is that it's a compact phone. After using the Pre for almost a year I kinda what phone with a bigger screen. I will probably try the Evo. I want something different but I'm not sure how I'm going to feel about the size of the Evo. I wouldn't be surprised if I go back to the Pre 2 when it comes out. lol
    I may or may not leave. I am a big multimedia guy so the evo has some big advantages like hdmi out 720p video recording. If palm or developers can bring slingbox or flash to the WebOs phone before android I will stay. Wouldn't mind a bigger device also.
    some have made the buick vs porsche comment. WebOs is a porsche body with a lot of engine issues if you are a multimedia user primarily. There is little to nothing it can do over any other phone including some older OS like winmo 6.1 from a multimedia side. Like I said before I had slingbox and skyfire for flash and XM radio running on my 3 yr old winmo phone. Those 3 things are how I use my phone a lot during the day and what I miss. I will switch to whoever is providing those first.

now I know I will likely get attacked by Fan Boy, but it's how I use my phone. XM, flash based browser, and slingbox, web browsing and texting. WebOs while fun is not getting it done for me outside the browser. One huge issue I have with the browser which I am sure there is a way to fix is when replying on forums in quick reply boxes the page always resizes and there is no side bar so you cant go back and look at what you typed earlier in your reply. I know its small, but its irritating and something I only have encountered with this phone.
    Last edited by ahbroody; 03/26/2010 at 10:50 AM.
    UI seems maybe a tiny bit laggy but the hw is ridiculous. Only if Android had true multitasking or if WebOS was put on that type of hw. THAT phone would rule all.

Needless to say, the hw is very impressive. They've definitely raised the bar.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    My only complaint with the Pre was its speed.

Now I have the 800mhz patch, and I have no complaints. I can't imagine ever owning a non-webOS phone.

I waited to get a decent phone for years because I don't like spending money on these things and having to replace it in a year because it isn't good enough or doesn't do what I want to do. With the Pre, I feel like I'm set for years, as long as I can avoid breaking it.

When I do upgrade, it will be to whatever has replaced the Pre (if palm is still around LOL).

As far as multimedia goes, that's what my netbook is for. AmpacheMobile and Orbcast are plenty more than I expected my phone to be able to do already.
    Man that quote is like the exact quote i would say.. i just didn't post because people get all mad that im such a pre junkie. lol
    I would say the biggest things swith me about not leaving the Pre:
    -love the form factor
    -Touchstone charger
    -Synergy
    -Sprint
    -WebOS is the best OS for mobile devices out there :-)
    -WebOS community support
    The ONLY reason to not get the EVO 4G is the lack of a keyboard. Hopefully they will release one with a keyboard. I'm going to stick with WebOS, but I'll probably get the EVO to replace my wife's Moment. I need a test phone for Android development and the EVO is a beast.
    WebOS is the only interface I like. I'll be sticking with my Pre until Palm comes out with another device. If they don't....I'll be treating it like a baby and hope that it lasts a few years.
    Interested in the specs of the phone, but not interested in leaving.

Wouldn't mind a slightly bigger form factor, but not as big as the evo or iphone.
    I still like having a pocket phone
    I like WebOS better than Android. I like a physical keyboard better than a virtual. And the Evo is simply too big.

So I really hope Palm releases a phone as sweet as the Evo before the Evo comes out, because if they don't, I'm replacing my Pre with an Evo.