View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 149 of 182 FirstFirst ... 4999139144145146147148149150151152153154159 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,980 of 3633
    Got to agree the head phone issue is a head scratcher. My Treo and Centro had it and then my Pre had it. Palm just never bothered correcting it.
    As for the Pre Keyboard. its a pretty decent keyboard.Not great .the keys are just too small but definetly usable.

By the way SLing Player comes out tomorrow for the EVO ( and all Android devices). cant wait. I was a beta tester for Slingplayer for PALM OS and I was supposed to be a beta tester for webos before Sling decided to not support webos. cant wait to finally use Sling Player again.
    Quote Originally Posted by timetopretend13 View Post
    Today I went into the Sprint Store to have my second Palm Pre since launch checked out. The first one was great with the exception of the headset jack hardware malfunction, and lasted me almost a full year. I got my replacement about 4 weeks ago I believe and now the USB port is bad. While I was at the store having them look at my phone I looked at the EVO and loved it. However, I am very hesitant to leave Palm because of the great things they supposedly have in store for us. So, former Pre users who switched to the EVO, was it worth the switch? What are some pros/cons about the Evo and the Pre (both with the hardware and software) and which would you suggest I use? I'm due for a $75 rebate in July, so is it worth $275 or should I just stick it out with Palm? I want everyones opinions from Pre users and Evo users alike.

Feel free to email me at 2fast4u2113@gmail.com
    Hi there, former Pre user now full on Evo user. First thing I have to say moving away from Pre is that I miss the form factor of the Pre. It just felt great in your hand and then there is of course webOS. The way the OS just operates is just very elegant and looks elegant as well. Android looks purty ugly, seem to be lots of black and grey bezel buttons.
    Now to speak awesomeness about the Evo . Why do I love the evo? Widgets, I just love these at a glance info. With the 7 homescreen, they all have at least one widget. Speaking about the homescreens, since they give so many I have it configuered for what I need, starting from Left to right 1 is my Agenda with the Calendar widget, 2 is my business section with contacts, voice recorder, checkbooks, todo etc, 3 is my multi-media section with the music player widget, podcasts, audible, video and pictures section, 4 if my main home screen with my online interaction with email, twitter, RSS news, internet etc, 5 my book marks widget , 6 is my message widget, and 7th is my settings screen, with widget to control the GPS, bluetooth, wifi, settings and Advanced Task Killer.
    Now I have to talk about this task killer stuff seeing as how people like to say you need to manage your task where the Pre is easier with the Cards, you can just flick away what you need to close. Kinda true but I think Android is easier when you have your ATK set up. For example, I have a core set of apps that I don't want closed, my email, audible, podcast, calender, messages, etc. I have them on my ignore list, then I set up the auto kill function to kill anything else every half hour. It does the job well, no need to worry about closing apps and worry about battery drain. Set it and forget it.
    Onto the battery drain, this Evo is a beast. I can go double what my Pre gave me. No need to worry about looking for an outlet to charge. This is with just the stock battery, I'm a lil giddy on thinking what an extended battery will give me ^_^.
    Search: Search sucks on the Pre. I need to admit that because its very limited. I can't search calendar, can't search email and was so happy to see Android give this to me.
    Google experience. If you live by google, of course the Evo is going to be better than the Pre. You get a great gmail app that let you have your labels , you get a much deeper Google Map apps, you get Layers support, this is great to show me how bad traffic is and also helped gave me the heads up showing that there was lane closures. Google Voice, its here and it works I sad to see Gdial Pro not work anymore with the changes Google did to their API's.
    This next one is just personal preference: Audible. I've been waiting ever since launch day to get my Audible experience on webOS, still nothing. Thankfully the Audible beta app on Android is great. I love how it show your library collection and you can download OTA straight to your device.
    Err I think this is long enough, sorry for taking all this up -_-'. Oh one more thing for Virtual Keyboard, Swype, download it, live it, love it. Carry on!
    swype is amazing!!!!!!
    HTC EVO 4G
    ROOTED
    CM6 ROM
    50FPS
    40mflops
    yes, but my problem with all these 3rd party keyboards is you lose the always there cursor keys. I find it extremely annoying to have to go through a few button presses to get to cursor keys. Swype is pretty quick though.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannydos View Post
    swype is amazing!!!!!!
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Welp finally found out about screenshots for android so rather give a visual aid Here is my current Evo setup. This is pretty much why I love android, they have all the info I need without delving into any apps. Of course I had to edit couple of info, didn't want friends seeing this and ripping my head off for revealing them lol. ^_^/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nice screens you have there LupeValenz!!!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    I wonder why android icons and dash in general looks so dull and low quality. Kind of reminds me of Windows Mobile. When you look at it then compare it to how shiny and high color Webos is in general it looks rather outdated. Look at how ugly those icons are.
    They look fine to me.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Nice screens you have there LupeValenz!!!
    Thanks Diva ^_^/, love look of widgets HTC provide
    Quote Originally Posted by jamex View Post
    I wonder why android icons and dash in general looks so dull and low quality. Kind of reminds me of Windows Mobile. When you look at it then compare it to how shiny and high color Webos is in general it looks rather outdated. Look at how ugly those icons are.
    Whaaaa?! The icons looks fine.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    Whaaaa?! The icons looks fine.
    Compared to how shiny and high color webos is I don't they look fine. I just looked it up and Android OS is limited to 16bit color so that explains why it has that dull Windows Mobile look. Winmo was also limited to 16bit.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    post limit
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Webos looks prettier imo. Google should do something about that.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jamex; 06/23/2010 at 09:38 PM.
    Compared to how shiny and high color webos is I don't they look fine. I just looked it up and Android OS is limited to 16bit color so that explains why it has that dull Windows Mobile look. Winmo was also limited to 16bit.
    Oh side by side ya mean? Yeah, I won't notice since they look fine when your not looking at anything else. I'm just spoiled by my Clie's and ipod touch who had 16bit display. I can live with it ^^
    Don't know when people will get it, but I didn't buy a phone for things to look pretty. I bought it for solid hardware and OS functionality. All this screen crap, fluidity in scrolling is meaningless when it comes to being productive on the phone. All these arguments are good for are for trying to ooooo and ahhh your friends. And if that's what you care about and post about, well...ummm..yeah.

Not necessarily directed at you jamex.
    Webos looks prettier imo. Google should do something about that.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    It's all about elegance and things progress. Compare Windows XP to WIndows 7. Like I said Winmo had a similiar look due to the 16bit limit. How can Google release an OS in 2008 with the same limit? Look at the Iphone 4 and how everything looks so beautiful and it's also productive. My Pre is also productive as it handles everything I need in a phone fine. Calendar, contact management, email, web browsing, chat and still manages to wrap it in a nice package that doesn't look ancient like Android. I mean with the deep pockets of Google why does Android look like that still.
    With Mathias Duarte on board, it's only a matter of time before he works the eye candy magic he put into webOS into Android. Sigh.
    16 bit limit again? This color display thing should only be a factor if your an artist or photographer who needs accurate color representation. Does the 16bit color display limit how I can edit my word/excel spreadsheets, does it make looking at the penny arcade comics any less enjoyable (An Inside Job is hiliarous by the way)does it limit me searching my calendar for past meetings, does it limit me on what audible books i can download. Thankfully no. The reason I got the Pre is because I believed that when I saw DataViz as one of the launch partners, I thought for sure we'd see DocsToGo. Sadly this wasn't the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    16 bit limit again? This color display thing should only be a factor if your an artist or photographer who needs accurate color representation. Does the 16bit color display limit how I can edit my word/excel spreadsheets, does it make looking at the penny arcade comics any less enjoyable (An Inside Job is hiliarous by the way)does it limit me searching my calendar for past meetings, does it limit me on what audible books i can download. Thankfully no. The reason I got the Pre is because I believed that when I saw DataViz as one of the launch partners, I thought for sure we'd see DocsToGo. Sadly this wasn't the case.
    For all the reasons you mention you may as well have a greyscale screen. As for me, I noticed quite a bit of difference loading up the same high resolution images in the Pre and EVO in a side by side comparison. And just to be sure I asked my telecom sales coworkers which screen colors looked better and every single one pointed to the Pre without me throwing any hints.
    Looked @ evo and it's nice.

But for some reason I like the pre more... I asked the Rep about getting my first smartphone and that the evo and pre interest me.

She replied
    "Evo.. no question.. .. If you want a smaller screen you should look at the other android phones over there"

I asked why not palm and she looked blankly at me for a second and said something to the tune of:
    "You have to pay for pre apps.. .. android has more and most are free"

The evo was lagging a little between screens.. but prob just had lots running in the background. It was sad also that the phone's market was not setup and the internet was off... not a way to sell your phone guys!

I have pre for the touchstone (in the car esp) and the feel of webos

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html