View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 147 of 182 FirstFirst ... 4797137142143144145146147148149150151152157 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,940 of 3633
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    For anyone who wants it a White EVO exclusive to Best Buy is on Pre order.

White HTC Evo 4G Exclusively At Best Buy On July 11th | The Android Phone

Pre-orders start today for this amazing white HTC Evo 4G. This white version will only be sold at Best Buy starting July 11th. Sprint will eventually get this white Evo but not until August 8th, as well as other retailers in September. This could be one more slap from HTC to Apple by offering a white version of this device similar to Apple’s previous white version of the iPhone.
    WHITE?!!?@@!$%@%#Q

i need this!
    Quote Originally Posted by musicguy View Post
    The photos have much better focus than the pre's, but the colors are off. There's an odd blue-ish tint to every photo. I'm not saying the pre is perfect, but it has beter colors.
    Your monitor may need to be calibrated.
    I see what he means about blue tint, but it's subtle and doesn't take away from the subject. Some cameras lean toward yellowish tint. I have one that likes green(yeah that's a sucky one lol).
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    i think he's referring to the ocean
    I've calibrated my monitor and it's known to have good color accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I see what he means about blue tint, but it's subtle and doesn't take away from the subject. Some cameras lean toward yellowish tint. I have one that likes green(yeah that's a sucky one lol).
    Yes, that's it. It's very subtle.

Quote Originally Posted by kbritt31 View Post
    i think he's referring to the ocean
    LOL

Thank you all for your input re: my remarks. The camera is better than I expected, but I've just grown partial to the pre's. It seems like the sole issue is if I can do without the physical keyboard. Perhaps I'll wait for the next Android device... or the next WebOS device! (fingers crossed)
    Quote Originally Posted by musicguy View Post
    I've calibrated my monitor and it's known to have good color accuracy.

Yes, that's it. It's very subtle.

LOL

Thank you all for your input re: my remarks. The camera is better than I expected, but I've just grown partial to the pre's. It seems like the sole issue is if I can do without the physical keyboard. Perhaps I'll wait for the next Android device... or the next WebOS device! (fingers crossed)
    For me, personally, a physical keyboard actually hinders me. Once you get accustomed to the touch keyboard and how the auto-correct works, you can REALLY fly on one. Maybe even look at something like the Swype keyboard, which is amazing and has broken the world record for words-per-minute on a mobile device.

I can literally type on an iPhone & Evo without even looking at the keyboard almost typo free.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Interesting in depth review of Evo and Pre side by side.

http://www.androidcentral.com/comparing-palm-pre-htc-evo-4g-sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post

http://www.androidcentral.com/compar...-evo-4g-sprint
    Pretty good in-depth review.
    What an absolultey fair and extensive comparison. Hits every point and Plus and minus of each device.

Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post

http://www.androidcentral.com/compar...-evo-4g-sprint
    HTC seems aware of the Evo problems and is looking to fix them.

HTC has fix in the works for EVO 4G screen sensitivity; separation problems are minor -- Engadget
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I just called sprint.. looks like I can upgrade anytime. Even harder knowing I can have an evo right now!! ahh.

Only 2 things keeping me on pre... touchstone in my car (evo needs a car dock) and the bad battery life evo has (pre's worse but still)

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    I just called sprint.. looks like I can upgrade anytime. Even harder knowing I can have an evo right now!! ahh.

Only 2 things keeping me on pre... touchstone in my car (evo needs a car dock) and the bad battery life evo has (pre's worse but still)
    Bad battery life? I have GREAT battery life.. and yes, that's 18 hours since last charge and still had around 65% battery. I can easily get a day and a half on the Evo, and that's with the stock battery.

Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    HTC seems aware of the Evo problems and is looking to fix them.
    Interesting to see the Evo having launch hardware issues as well but the real difference is that they at least acknowledged the problem and has set forth the effort to correct the issue(s) asap.
    Only if Palm handled things this way I feel they would be all the more successful at this point.

* The glass separation issues are real, but said to be super minor and have no effect on the usability of the phone apart from a nearly imperceptible "give" to the touch. That said, HTC has made some assembly changes that should reduce or eliminate the problem going forward, and it'll keep an eye on the situation.
    * This is really interesting: the screen sensitivity problems are also real and are apparently far more prevalent in arid climates, but it can be fixed with a software patch alone. That patch will be rolling out to EVOs soon.
    Everybody wants some!..
    How did Palm officially respond to initial Pre build quality issues? I remember the cracking plastic was the first biggie.

Best review yet. Damn this KILLS the pre and WebOS in SO many ways!

Only thing is the touchstone at this point.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    They did a nice review but I don't know why they are hitting on the speed dials. With the Evo, the Voice feature is great. You can do search and so commands such as Call so and so, Navigate to this place.
    Bad battery life? I have GREAT battery life.. and yes, that's 18 hours since last charge and still had around 65% battery. I can easily get a day and a half on the Evo, and that's with the stock battery.

yeppp
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Anyone that is just itching to use their upgrade should check out the samsung galaxy pro that will hit sprint soon. better specs than the evo but a 4" screen that will look a lot better than the EVO 65k screen plus it is a world phone with a sim slot. Front face cam and games will run smooth on it unlike the EVO. wifi b/g/n, 4g and even plays divx/xvids

androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s-pro-specs-begin-emerge
    Last edited by jamex; 06/20/2010 at 12:10 PM.
    yep good lookin phone.
    honestly I want the next google dev phone, ah la nexus 2. They seem to stay relevant longer.

I decided not to switch yet, just went back to patches and (improved) overclocking. Pre is still baddass.

I assume you're not in a 4G area then?