View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 146 of 182 FirstFirst ... 4696136141142143144145146147148149150151156 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,920 of 3633
    I'm confused about the Evo's camera not being as good, How is that possible?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post

And kbritt, you better watch using my prehugger term. We use it too much, and it just might get banned along with the word it replaces
    yeah i got in trouble last time
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I'm confused about the Evo's camera not being as good, How is that possible?
    the pre's camera was great, when it decided to open....i missed so many kodak moments with the pre that i could care less about the relative lesser quality of the EVO
    I haven't noticed if the camera is of lesser quality. I will take more reliable, quicker to open, less lag in taking a pic and so on even if the quality is slightly less, which I haven't determined if it is or isn't.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    the pre takes great pics in very good lighting, but don't zoom in, or the compression makes it look like a "cartoon" photoshop filter.---EVO takes awesome pictures in almost any light, has autofocus, can take macro-esque photos, has what appears to be optical zoom and it has very low noise when zooming in

pre takes awful , grainy, low light pics with even with flash--- EVO's night pictures with flash resemble a normal point and shoot camera

pre's camera worked 5-10% of the time with considerable lag (lots of times it never loaded)-- EVO is instant, even video is

The pre's quality was good for what it was (3 mp, no AF), but i'm sorry folks, EVO excels as a camera in ways the pre never can
    Quote Originally Posted by kbritt31 View Post
    the pre takes great pics in very good lighting, but don't zoom in, or the compression makes it look like a "cartoon" photoshop filter.---EVO takes awesome pictures in almost any light, has autofocus, can take macro-esque photos, has what appears to be optical zoom and it has very low noise when zooming in

pre takes awful , grainy, low light pics with even with flash--- EVO's night pictures with flash resemble a normal point and shoot camera

pre's camera worked 5-10% of the time with considerable lag (lots of times it never loaded)-- EVO is instant, even video is

The pre's quality was good for what it was (3 mp, no AF), but i'm sorry folks, EVO excels as a camera in ways the pre never can
    i dont agree, but its ok
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    i dont agree, but its ok
    how can a camera without autofocus be better than one with?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbritt31 View Post
    how can a camera without autofocus be better than one with?
    i dont agree with all the stuff ur saying about the pre, thats all. period
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I found the Gizmodo review that says low light and the video aren't that great. I've never had a good low light camera, even dedicated point and shoot. I think you really need a good camera, as in not budget or cell phone, for low light. Although Sony Ericsson has had some good camera phones(I didn't test in low light though).

As for the video being crap, sometimes firmware updates help with that.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    2nd was Evo? It does look better!

Unless you have a DSLR those low light shots will always look bad.
    Yes, the pre sucks in low light. However, look at these photos I took with the pre:

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/6...stitchcopy.jpg

Of course, there is noise close up, but the colors are good considering it's a cell phone camera.
    Very nice photos. The Pre Camera is not a bad camera. Its definetly usable.

Quote Originally Posted by musicguy View Post
    Yes, the pre sucks in low light. However, look at these photos I took with the pre:

Of course, there is noise close up, but the colors are good considering it's a cell phone camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by musicguy View Post
    Alright, so finally I went to the Sprint store and tried out the Evo.

It's a pretty device but I'm not going to get it. Why?

No physical keyboard - I hadn't realized how much I've gotten used to a physical keyboard. I can touch type sometimes if I'm walking with my pre (I know it's a douchy thing to do but I sometimes do it). There's none of that with the evo.

Camera isn't as good - The pre's camera really rocks. Low light is pretty bad, even with the flash, but I like having the pre as a backup camera when I don't have my digital camera. Plus it has video.

Lag - With the pre overclocked, it's nice and smooth. There's an odd lag on the evo.

Pinch zoom isn't accurate - I like the Pre's pinch zoom. On a browser, it zooms directly in the middle of where your fingers are pinching. Not on the evo. On the evo it just zooms in a strange way.

Multitasking - The pre freaking rocks at multitasking. There's nothing like it. I couldn't figure out how to see what's running and switch from app to app.

What's better about the evo?

Bigger Screen - The pre has a smallish screen.

Build quality and thickness - It's really built solid and it's nice and thin. The pre is somewhat flimsy.

More RAM - (I have a sprint pre) I don't like seeing memory errors, and I've recently been seeing them too frequently.

Just some thoughts... I'm sure a million people have already posted their thoughts, but I felt the need to post mine.
    HTC Evo Photos – A small blog of random photos I've taken with the Evo. The Pre doesn't touch the Evo's camera. As for low-light quality, the Evo isn't that great but neither is the Pre. The iPhone 4 however will be spectacular at low-light (the 3G s already has a decent low-level camera).
    Last edited by barkerja; 06/18/2010 at 12:29 PM.
    For any of us who wonderd if the EVO sales would keep up or fall flat. Its sold out again when the second shipments came in. Like the EVO or not its selling like crazy.

Sprint's HTC EVO 4G Sold Out Once Again
    BY: Ed Hardy, Brighthand.com Editor
    PUBLISHED: 6/18/2010

Sprint has once again sold out of its stock of the HTC EVO 4G. Since this high-end Android OS smartphone debuted earlier this month, demand has been so high that the device has been in and out of stock on Sprint's web site.

HTC EVO 4G from SprintThe model's feature set makes it one of the most advanced phones available today. It boasts a very large, high-resolution touchscreen, fast processor, and 4G cellular-wireless networking, and will soon offer video chatting.

On its launch day, Sprint sold twice as many EVO 4G units as it had ever sold any previous smartphone in a single day. However, the carrier and HTC haven't been able to keep up with demand, and Sprint stores and website quickly ran out of stock. A second shipment a few days later has also now been exhausted.
    For anyone who wants it a White EVO exclusive to Best Buy is on Pre order.

http://www.theandroidphone.com/andro...-on-july-11th/

Pre-orders start today for this amazing white HTC Evo 4G. This white version will only be sold at Best Buy starting July 11th. Sprint will eventually get this white Evo but not until August 8th, as well as other retailers in September. This could be one more slap from HTC to Apple by offering a white version of this device similar to Apple’s previous white version of the iPhone.
    LA, SF and NY Evo owners. There have been reports of WiMax being turned on/beta testing. Have any of you been able to connect and run some speed tests?
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    I read that its working in NY now but its weak. There still not complete in New York City. But according to what I read its in a lot of places that we dont know about and are not in the map becasue its not official. There is a good chance by years end a big majority of the US will have Sprints 4G. Im going to DC in August and cant wait to try the 4G they have there.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    HTC Evo Photos – A small blog of random photos I've taken with the Evo. The Pre doesn't touch the Evo's camera. As for low-light quality, the Evo isn't that great but neither is the Pre. The iPhone 4 however will be spectacular at low-light (the 3G s already has a decent low-level camera).
    The photos have much better focus than the pre's, but the colors are off. There's an odd blue-ish tint to every photo. I'm not saying the pre is perfect, but it has beter colors.