View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 142 of 182 FirstFirst ... 4292132137138139140141142143144145146147152 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,840 of 3633
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgalla04 View Post
    I will be getting the Evo 4g once the price drops. I paid $200 for the Pre but that was upgrading from a flip phone. I don't see the advantage of paying another $200 + $10/month one year later for the Evo. The upgrade from Pre to Evo isn't worth that. I'll wait for all of the bugs to be fixed and the price to drop to less than $100. Mabye around Aug. or Sept?
    Of which year?
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    My PRE does not work good with Gmail . It takes literly hours to get Gmail from the server if it does. One of the reasons I moved to the EVO. And as far as I know from reading post here is a known issue with the PRE and Gmail. But the PRe worked excelent with yahoo mail go figure.
    The Pre works great with Gmail... What are you talking about?
    The Pre is great for getting email with Gmail, my Pre gets the email before my computer and about 30 seconds before my Evo. Pre just needs labels support and starring emails to be on par with the gmail app.
    IS ESPN Mobile TV (specifically the World Cup games) any better vid quality than on the Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    The Pre works great with Gmail... What are you talking about?
    Perhaps those that are having problems don't have GMail configured for IMAP?
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    Perhaps those that are having problems don't have GMail configured for IMAP?
    That makes sense. Personally, I've never had a single problem with Gmail... Even when the Pre was first released over a year ago.
    gmail great here to
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    This is what is heading to Sprint this summer. Now that's a phone. Look how clean and crisp that screen is compared to the Evo and better yet you have keys.
    Keys? What keys?
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    This is what is heading to Sprint this summer. Now that's a phone. Look how clean and crisp that screen is compared to the Evo and better yet you have keys. If Palm does not announce anything I will use my upgrade on that. The screen is actually a 24bit AMOLED screen.

[url= - Samsung Galaxy S hands-on[/url]
    not to mention 3x the gpu speed with 90 fps instead of 30.

but don't be surprised when an even better phone gets announced a few days after that ones release.
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    but don't be surprised when an even better phone gets announced a few days after that ones release.
    Yeah, I hear there's a phone coming with three times the specs of the EVO sometime in 2011...I'm sure this will be the last device released on Sprint, folks, so let's hold out for it!
    Quote Originally Posted by kbritt31 View Post
    Yeah, I hear there's a phone coming with three times the specs of the EVO sometime in 2011...I'm sure this will be the last device released on Sprint, folks, so let's hold out for it!
    what phone?

honestly the specs are secondary to me if the UI isn't what I want than a phone will still feel clumsy.

that's precisley why I don't shop based on specs. They don't translate to user performance all the time.

on the other hand, some times spec bumps do translate to game changing performance increases. I think that change will come with dual core.
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    what phone?

honestly the specs are secondary to me if the UI isn't what I want than a phone will still feel clumsy.

that's precisley why I don't shop based on specs. They don't translate to user performance all the time.

on the other hand, some times spec bumps do translate to game changing performance increases. I think that change will come with dual core.
    yeah for me its provider, hardware+OS, specs

to me that samsung phone looks like an all black samsung moment mixed with a little bit of motorola cliq. i mean i guess if i were 15 I might like it but I love the "adult/industrial/utilitarian" look of the EVO and the DROID 2...funny I stayed with the Pre for so long considering I hate bubbly/pebbly phones
    Quote Originally Posted by kbritt31 View Post
    yeah for me its provider, hardware+OS, specs

to me that samsung phone looks like an all black samsung moment mixed with a little bit of motorola cliq. i mean i guess if i were 15 I might like it but I love the "adult/industrial/utilitarian" look of the EVO and the DROID 2...funny I stayed with the Pre for so long considering I hate bubbly/pebbly phones
    I should say provider is definitely top priority. That is both a service and price issue. I am with sprint in large part due to their pricing, and a generous discount via my employer/school.

for the money I save I would probably take winmo if I had to.
    If you're not interested in the Evo, the next Sprint Android phone is the Samsung Galaxy S Pro. It includes a 1Ghz Hummingbird processor, 512MB of RAM, a 3.7 inch screen, a physical keyboard with dedicated number keys, Wireless N support, 5MP (video) camera with 720P support, able to use it with a remote for Samsung TVs, and possibly a projector.

http://www.androidcentral.com/samsun...android-sprint
    Last edited by barrysanders20; 06/15/2010 at 11:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    I look at the many people I know that dropped their Pre for the Hero only to pick up the Pre again at the first of the year.

It is really fun to watch...
    after a while with the evo..changing some things...rooting it...(same as i did with the evo) its hands down the best device ive ever had....might get the pre 2 when it comes out if it looks worth it but most likely it will be the galaxy....then the wife will get the Evo
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    were past that half way point in the year when adobe was "supposed" to release flash for the pre, which is a good illustration of why i left. Im past tired of waiting on release dates that never come, since the jump to the evo ive had no such problems, they arent even giving a timeline for froyo which means no more getting my hopes up for days that dont exist. It seems (to me anyways) people on that side of the fence arent quite as bad with the whole rumor spreading thing. still love webos, still think the (sprint) pre is garbage
    I tried flash 10.1 on my Droid with the Froyo (2.2) upgrade. Even over-clocked to 1.2GHz, flash was noticeably slow (frame rates in Hulu and YouTube) and sucked down the battery pretty fast.
    I think Adobe is dropping the ball big time with the way it codes mobile Flash, and validates what Jobs keeps saying. Thanks Adobe, you fail and now we're going to have an Apple dictated mobile internet.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I think Adobe is dropping the ball big time with the way it codes mobile Flash, and validates what Jobs keeps saying. Thanks Adobe, you fail and now we're going to have an Apple dictated mobile internet.
    Thats a good point. People blame Apple for all the problems in the world, but the truth of it is that nobody else is doing anything to change their direction.