View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 141 of 182 FirstFirst ... 4191131136137138139140141142143144145146151 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,820 of 3633
    Quote Originally Posted by jamex View Post
    WHat's the point of me paying $10.00 extra now when 4G wouldn't in my area for at least a year or two probably even more. I basically use wifi more than evo
    Ask sprint that. I think its crap too. But I believe they will be doing this to all their 4g phones, so if a 4g webos phone come out be prepared to pay an extra $10 for it.
    WHat's the point of me paying $10.00 extra now when 4G wouldn't in my area for at least a year or two probably even more. I basically use wifi more than evo
    Do you have clearwire service in your area? Even if 4g isn't listed as coming soon to your area it could be turned up. My area, Rochester, NY, isn't listed but I've had 4g coverage since I bought my EVO on launch day. Doing speedtests getting anywhere from 4Mb to 8Mb down.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    I was using the EVO and heard it had a 16bit screen so did some tests. There is color banding due to the 16bit colors. That's just ridiculous for a phone like this, At least I will be saving that extra 10 a month until something better comes along.
    I was using the EVO and heard it had a 16bit screen so did some tests. There is color banding due to the 16bit colors. That's just ridiculous for a phone like this, At least I will be saving that extra 10 a month until something better comes along.
    this displays over 3x as many colors as the EVO, it's a beast I hear

LG Lotus Elite / Mystique Photos (Phone Scoop)
    They modded the EVO back door and modded it ( just like the modification on the extended case) so the EVO can now use the Touchstone. I ordred the one here modded for the Extended cae and will probally get someone to do this for me also. Evo and touchstone . nice.

http://www.androidcentral.com/evo-4g...alm-touchstone
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    They modded the EVO back door and modded it ( just like the modification on the extended case) so the EVO can now use the Touchstone. I ordred the one here modded for the Extended cae and will probally get someone to do this for me also. Evo and touchstone . nice.

http://www.androidcentral.com/evo-4g...alm-touchstone
    Thats crazy!!
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barrysanders20 View Post
    You don't need to use a third party app for Yahoo mail. Use the HTC mail and...

Go to manual setup > IMAP account and change to these settings....

Imap server - imap.mail.yahoo.com

SMTP Server- smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com
    I tried that and it says authentication failed.What should i put for security type and port?
    My first theme - Mac OSX Theme Gallery or Pre Themer

Learn how to run your pre at 800mhz Here!
    Thats strange . Mine did the Yahoo on its own . But I looked at the info for ya.

Imap server - android.imap.mail.yahoo.com
    Security Type - SSL
    Server Port - 993

SMTP Server

android.smtp.mail.yahoo.com

Security type - SSL
    Port - 465

Hope this helps and again I did not have to set uit up . it was automatic after I put in the email address.
    I totally agree with as4life. I had overclocked my Sprint PRE to 800 mhz but after using the EVO 4G for 15 minutes I was hooked. No LAG and thousands of free apps. I've installed a free app that shows live feed of one of IP cams to my phone, web surfing is super fast, and my gmail is displayed in an instant. Also, I have access to ALL of my emails NOT just the last 1000. It boots in seconds instead of minutes and the kick stand comes in handy when I'm with my young children at restaurants. The speaker phone is a lot better (clearer & louder), battery last longer, and widgets that run on home screen is a great option.
    What's even worse is that Sprint will tell you the extra $10 doesn't have anything to do with 4G... No one can explain exactly what the additional $10 is for other that some canned BS response like "a richer data experience". If you call Sprint or go online to chat, they tell you it has something to do with the hardware...which basically then means your paying for the hardware twice..once when you purchase and again, monthly....so "Premium Data" means hardware?

Check this site out for more... Explain the Fee!
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    after a week I have put the EVO down and I am back to the Pre full time. It just is a better device for what you need it most. Email, SMS, and Phone.

Pre form factor is by far the best too.

and I LOVE my touchstone.
    If all you do is Text , Email and make calls and dont care about apps or spped or the extras then the Pre is one of the best basic , simple phones out there. The Evo can get over whelming. there too many things going on at times.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    What's even worse is that Sprint will tell you the extra $10 doesn't have anything to do with 4G... No one can explain exactly what the additional $10 is for other that some canned BS response like "a richer data experience". If you call Sprint or go online to chat, they tell you it has something to do with the hardware...which basically then means your paying for the hardware twice..once when you purchase and again, monthly....so "Premium Data" means hardware?

Check this site out for more... Explain the Fee!
    I was gonna link to something official that shows that you're paying $10/mo for a "wicked fast processor"... but it looks like explainthefee.com has that part covered. Not exactly official, but it's true. That's what the $10/mo fee is for. Pathetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by bignoze View Post
    after a week I have put the EVO down and I am back to the Pre full time. It just is a better device for what you need it most. non-Gmail Email, SMS, and Phone.

Pre form factor is by far the best too.

and I LOVE my touchstone.
    Fixed.
    My PRE does not work good with Gmail . It takes literly hours to get Gmail from the server if it does. One of the reasons I moved to the EVO. And as far as I know from reading post here is a known issue with the PRE and Gmail. But the PRe worked excelent with yahoo mail go figure.
    that's mis-information

gmail works perfectly on the Pre (emails and contact sync)
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    that's mis-information

gmail works perfectly on the Pre (emails and contact sync)
    +1... Gmail works perfect on the Pre.
    mine sometimes takes time as well. It helps to archive your mail
    Gmail never works right on my PRE.Its not mis information if its true. Im having issues .I get emails an hour or two later then they were sent to Gmail and then the dates are wrong. the post above me is having issues. Try typing Pre and Gmail probelms into google and see all the issues. Mine is real trust me. I stopped using Gmail while I had my Pre. Its not only the PRE , alot of phones have issues with Gmail. Some phones have issues with Yahoo. k-9 the email client on EVO has issues with Yahoo.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I will be getting the Evo 4g once the price drops. I paid $200 for the Pre but that was upgrading from a flip phone. I don't see the advantage of paying another $200 + $10/month one year later for the Evo. The upgrade from Pre to Evo isn't worth that. I'll wait for all of the bugs to be fixed and the price to drop to less than $100. Mabye around Aug. or Sept? Unless someone wants to buy my Pre for $150?? Sprint will only buy it back for $63. eBay maybe I can get $100.
    Last edited by Sgalla04; 06/14/2010 at 09:20 AM.