View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 140 of 182 FirstFirst ... 4090130135136137138139140141142143144145150 ... LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,800 of 3633
    I still have a Palm Vx or something like that somewhere around here. PDA standalone if anyone remembers. How old it that one, about 7yrs.?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I still have a Palm Vx or something like that somewhere around here. PDA standalone if anyone remembers. How old it that one, about 7yrs.?
    Older than that. The Vx came out in 1999.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    I still have a Palm III from 1997. I can remember taking notes on it in meetings using Graffiti. I really thought that was pretty cool. I'm sure others around here have older vintages.

I sure would love to see Palm produce something competitive with the EVO. 4G is optional in my mind, but a pack-leading processor and high resolution display would be nice.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    Older than that. The Vx came out in 1999.
    So it's over 10yrs. Whoa! That was the V with the color screen, right?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Check this out I still have two CASIO ( Tandy) Z-7000's . one still in the box unopened. I think that was the first PDA ?? was 1994 I got it. and The Palm Pilot I have i think is from 1996 . Somewhere around my house I think I have a visor phone but cant fiind it. I loved PDA;s and Palm so much I built a little Display once. All the handhelds from the Pilot to handsprings to Treo to Centro.

Edit : Just realized my Palm Pilot is branded US Robotics. Palm Pilot on Left and US Robotics on Right.
    So it's over 10yrs. Whoa! That was the V with the color screen, right?
    Nope, no color. The V came out in Feb 1999 and the Vx came out in October 1999. Both were grey-scale. The V had 2MB of memory and Vx had 8MB.

Palm's first color device was the Palm IIIc. It came out a year later (around Feb 2000). I skipped the Vx and went to the IIIc.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    I'm almost certain I have one with a color screen too. I must have 2 Palm PDAs lying around here somewhere. LOL!
    The problem was I then went to Windows CE and then to phones with PDAs built in(smartphones of course) and forgot all about these.

Boy did things change within 10 years!!

I'm almost certain I have one with a color screen too. I must have 2 Palm PDAs lying around here somewhere. LOL!
    The problem was I then went to Windows CE and then to phones with PDAs built in(smartphones of course) and forgot all about these.

Boy did things change within 10 years!!
    You probably have one of the m500 series that Palm came out with later. Those replaced the V series in the line-up. I believe they were color. I never bought any of those. By then I had moved on to Handspring and the Visor.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

the evo is great but there is no 4g period . it is a good selling point to the ignorant ..but the phone on its own is pretty neat,
    Quote Originally Posted by hdking08 View Post
    the evo is great but there is no 4g period . it is a good selling point to the ignorant ..but the phone on its own is pretty neat,
    4G will eventually be more wide-spread. The same could be said for 3G when it first started out. Sprint has an aggressive schedule for deploying WiMax. Even though 4G has not officially debuted here in the Washington, DC area, it has actually been deployed. It's still pretty sparse, but at least it's here. (I don't have an EVO yet to test it out.)

You're quite right, though. The EVO is quite enough phone in its own right, even without the 4G.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    You probably have one of the m500 series that Palm came out with later. Those replaced the V series in the line-up. I believe they were color. I never bought any of those. By then I had moved on to Handspring and the Visor.
    m500 was color. I owned one, that was replaced 6 times by Palm because of either screen issues, or charging issues. I then got them to send me a new m515 that, out of the box, didn't work. I still have that replacement m515 somewhere in my home.
    Quote Originally Posted by fastamx79 View Post
    m500 was color. I owned one, that was replaced 6 times by Palm because of either screen issues, or charging issues. I then got them to send me a new m515 that, out of the box, didn't work. I still have that replacement m515 somewhere in my home.
    Hahaha! I see the more things change, the more they stay the same.

I think the Palm V was the most sturdy device Palm ever made. That thing was rock solid. Never had a problem with it.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

went to look at an evo today.. Android is almost impossible to use after having my pre. And I couldn't believe how awful the color and resolution of the screen were, I thought I had timewarped back to the nineties. As far as I'm concerned my sprint pre runs circles around the evo..
    I never thought I'd see you get something else. You seemed to be a big Palm fan, Lupe. You too, Inspector Gadget!!
    Oh I still am. I love webOS more over than Android, but so far its the hardware that needs to be update. Pre compared to the Evo is just molasses the way things moved on there. Evo just so smooth with scrolling and doesn't lag much when I'm listening to music. Hopefully next year Palm will have something better so I can return to webOS.
    Well, after thinking and self debating I got me an Evo last Tuesday. I won't lie, it is too big for my taste (a 3.7 or 4 inch display would be better I think) and it is more difficult to use this dang virtual kb (typing this from my Evo). I kept and still use my beloved Pre, I think this Evo is going back before 30 days.

In multitasking and many other things my Pre is way ahead of Android. In Android it takes 3 or more steps to do one thing that takes 1 or 2 steps on webOS.

Now if the Pre had Evo-like features and better hardware many of us would be very happy. Android and this new Htc phone have many good things, but I am more productive and feel better with my Pre.
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by errade View Post
    You can solve your TMC errors by installing Unixpsycho's new kernel

Remember that HTC have always been able to put 100% of their resources into building hardware, because they get their OS for free. Palm on the other hand was struggling for cash yet had to split their resources into creating an OS and hardware alone. So it's no surprise that HTC have better build quality. Now that the finance issue is alleviated and HP can help with the hardware, things should be looking up.
    thanks. Installed, so far no TMC's. Still hoping we get a new top notch hardware by year end.
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    After a week testing an Evo, I decided i'm going to replace my pre. I love the pre's OS but the lag and keyboard are big issues for me. I can type better and faster on the EVO and apps load without lag (I had overclocked pre to 800mhz) Also, Evo's battery life is way better than the pre. I can go 14+ hours with the EVO. My pre would only last 8 hours at most even with a 1400mah battery. Hands down, Pre's multitasking is far superior to Androids, but android is still doable. So if anyone is interested in the switch, here are my pro's and con's for now. I'm sure i will add more since i've only had the Evo for a week.

Pros:
    More responsive
    Better keyboard (This is my own opinion. Try it for yourself)
    Better battery life
    More apps
    Widgets

Cons:
    Multitasking isn't close to the Pre
    Have to download 3rd party app for Yahoo mail
    Pay extra $10 a month for "4G" even though i don't have 4G in the area
    My first theme - Mac OSX Theme Gallery or Pre Themer

Learn how to run your pre at 800mhz Here!
    Quote Originally Posted by as4life View Post
    After a week testing an Evo, I decided i'm going to replace my pre. I love the pre's OS but the lag and keyboard are big issues for me. I can type better and faster on the EVO and apps load without lag (I had overclocked pre to 800mhz) Also, Evo's battery life is way better than the pre. I can go 14+ hours with the EVO. My pre would only last 8 hours at most even with a 1400mah battery. Hands down, Pre's multitasking is far superior to Androids, but android is still doable. So if anyone is interested in the switch, here are my pro's and con's for now. I'm sure i will add more since i've only had the Evo for a week.

Pros:
    More responsive
    Better keyboard (This is my own opinion. Try it for yourself)
    Better battery life
    More apps
    Widgets

Cons:
    Multitasking isn't close to the Pre
    Have to download 3rd party app for Yahoo mail
    Pay extra $10 a month for "4G" even though i don't have 4G in the area
    You don't need to use a third party app for Yahoo mail. Use the HTC mail and...

Go to manual setup > IMAP account and change to these settings....

Imap server - imap.mail.yahoo.com

SMTP Server- smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com
    Yeah the built in HTC Email works perfect for Yahoo. Download Task OS and you will be multi tasking just like the Pre. As for the $10 well Sprint is going to be moving to 4G phones and they all will have the $10 charge . not much you can do about that other then keep your 3g phone.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Yeah the built in HTC Email works perfect for Yahoo. Download Task OS and you will be multi tasking just like the Pre. As for the $10 well Sprint is going to be moving to 4G phones and they all will have the $10 charge . not much you can do about that other then keep your 3g phone.
    WHat's the point of me paying $10.00 extra now when 4G wouldn't in my area for at least a year or two probably even more. I basically use wifi more than evo