View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 14 of 182 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718192464114 ... LastLast
    Like someone said earlier... it's a matter of preference. Personally, i'm in love with the WebOS concept. I agree that the next phone should be better than the original Pre, though. I think the PRE+ should've been the 1st Pre phone... then have slim version (original Pre on Sprint) and then the Pixi... which I've seen more at work than the actual Pre.
    I still say they are comparable. I mean, pre has the intuitively designed interface and the evo has excellent hardware(for future mobile capabilities). I honestly thing 4G on the EVO is just a gimmic. Itll be great to use in the City, but when you hit the burbs, youre 3g (for now, give it a year or so to expand).

The EVO's snapdragon is REAL good on battery life. My buddy has an HD2 which he let me take home for the weekend to tweak for him and that thing just wouldn't die! I was playing and tweaking with it ALL day! I dunno what is with all the snapdragon hate lately, but i was def impressed by it.

The HD2's/EVOs screen is SUPER NICE and crisp, but sometimes it did feel like a dinner plate in my hand, so narrow and flat (i have a feeling the first drop will do serious damage). But i didn't complain just cuz of how brilliant the screen is.

The HD2 slips beautifully into your pocket and it doesn't bother at all! Barely know its there!

But back to the pre. The one thing that is reeeeeeeeeeally keepin me with the it, is the fact that it gave me a rhythm. Its semi-curvaceous design fits so nice in hand and ties well with the way a person uses its features (ie gesturing left/right, pulling up the launcher, swipin cards)

The 800mhz patch has help me decide to stick with my pre until palm announces their next device (i give them 3 months to do so tho). If Palm doesn't increase the screen to atleast 3.8ish, and doesn't do a 1GHz processor, i WILL say goodbye to them, because they will be wasting a perfect OS on pathetic hardware (again).

jus my 2 cents
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxdrunkie View Post
    I can not wait, more information came out today, they will not be charging extra for 4G or the mobile hotspot feature.

Gonna be awesome, especially because all of the different cities I spent 95% of my time in have 4G.
    I haven't seen this info, all I know is that they said they haven't discussed pricing of these features. Could you please give me a link of where this is said?
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxdrunkie View Post
    I can not wait, more information came out today, they will not be charging extra for 4G or the mobile hotspot feature.

Gonna be awesome, especially because all of the different cities I spent 95% of my time in have 4G.
    if palm comes out with a next gen pre with identical specs like the evo then i think they'll do the same thing with 4g
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

The palm pre is so last season.
    Lets be real a stock pre with no patches or apps is a standard smartphone. There are so many quirks with the pre that prevent ir from being a great phone. Multitasking is great as a concept but in everyday use it's not executed properly. Not to mention memory leak. It's disappointing that so many people can't be more honest with themselves. Webos, android, winmo, and apple all do the same functions well: access facebook, twitter, check email, surf web, maps, store contacts, and make calls. Saying this OS is better than the other is a matter of opinion. Having said that there is a reason every smartphone is compared to apple or why so many carriers are creating a variety of android phones while pre sales are declining. IMO it always seems Palm is always following evryone else in the features dept. I remember for the longest they wouldn't include wifi & gps on their phones while everyone else was and at a cheaper price. EVO will have a 8mp cam with 720p recording/output and HDMI output. If it's priced below $300 that would be insane. Palm needs to do something radical with the phones. Doubling memory and ram is a good start. However unlike in the 90's the competiton is relentless and now more than ever realize the smartphone market is a cash cow to phone carriers because of gps, data plans etc.
    The summer will tell, and I'm a premier customer.
    I'm wondering, could WebOS be flashed onto an android device? I would pay money for someone to do that on the EVO
    Quote Originally Posted by agny6283 View Post
    I'm wondering, could WebOS be flashed onto an android device? I would pay money for someone to do that on the EVO
    hardware differences could make it nearly impossible.

android on winmo devices are way easier just because they both use htc hardware
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    I haven't seen this info, all I know is that they said they haven't discussed pricing of these features. Could you please give me a link of where this is said?
    It was hinted at that Sprint will not nickel and dime you for the mobile hotspot like verizon, sprint right now wants customers, so they are trying to get people to move first and foremost. Here is a link to the article and here is a specific quote from Dan Hesse

"It's like standard def versus high def, but with that analogy, you paid more for the better service. With 4G, we're giving you more for free."

Live from CTIA 2010's day two keynote with Dan Hesse -- Engadget
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    I'm gonna stay with Palm, I heard their next phone is gonna double as a teleportation device.
    If that happens, Dropped calls could really be a problem
    Last edited by merrix; 03/25/2010 at 03:04 PM.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by merrix View Post
    If that happens, Droped calls could really be a problem
    spelling dropped (droped) is definatly not a problem though.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I'm sorry that was lame for me
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I am going to give this phone some serious thought. It has just about everything.
    I remember my HTC Tilt had all the cool specs too. More Ram, big screen. Think about specs and how much they really matter here for a second. That thing sucked. Even after flashing/doctoring the rom and so forth. The droid already had all the specs. 5MP Camera, Big old screen. Its a bag of junk without a good OS.

Sticking with my Palm. Waiting for the new device.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by XR4TI View Post
    spelling dropped (droped) is definatly not a problem though.
    Sorry, my bad...I missed a letter
    To each their own, and I do love my pre and its lovely physical keyboard, but the whole keyboard thing is becoming somewhat of a non-issue (for me at least) with the advent of swype text entry. With swype now being available on android (not to say it won't ever come to webos) I am more tempted than ever to try out google's platform. I will miss the elegance and simplicity of webos and the amazing multitasking capability, but android's larger marketplace and the evo's INSANE spec list have proven too much for me to resist. Maybe I'll revisit palm when the hardware and app catalog catch up (although my gf will be getting my pre, so I'll still be able to play with it )
    Last edited by logicalform; 03/25/2010 at 06:31 PM.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by agny6283
    Quote Originally Posted by itsALLsubliminal View Post
    hardware differences could make it nearly impossible.

android on winmo devices are way easier just because they both use htc hardware
    Hmmm that's too bad. I would jump at this too.
    Really just wish Palm would put their WebOS in a better, sturdier outer packaging like the iTouch body or an htc model phone body like Eris or EVO.
    Looking forward to seeing what Palm will come out with next for their WebOS.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I finally destroyed my Pre because I didn't take good care of it. I was going to pay the $100 deductible to get it replaced until I learned about the Evo 4G.

I absolutely love WebOS and the gesture bar. However, I am not a big fan of the build quality of the Pre.

If a phone with these specs was released with WebOS, I would not even consider the Android model. I have an upgrade coming in April. I plan on using it and purchasing this phone. If Palm surprised me with something similar I would be on board.

In the mean time I have activated my GF's old Centro. I sure as hell miss my Pre (mainly WebOS), but I don't want to pay the deductible when I can purchase a phone of this quality for 200 bucks or so.
    I like my Sprint service but they are a distant 3rd so I don't see one phone moving them up. I think it'll be good for their sales for sure but not to the extent they change rankings.