View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 138 of 182 FirstFirst ... 3888128133134135136137138139140141142143148 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,760 of 3633
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    yes I could look at a movie on the pre. Before the pre I used a creative zen. Even that has 18bits. The pre screen is actually larger than my zen vision m so I don't get what you are implying.
    im not implying anything, besides you must have amazing vision lol
    amazing vision? I am typing this on the pre right now. The screen is so crisp and bright. Why would I have trouble seeing anything
    nevermind, i was basically saying you must have great vision if you can watch movies on a small screen for long periods of time. my eyes strain from the small screen they look like that after a while
    Here's a blog I've started devoted to Evo pics that I've taken. Just recently took a cross-country trip, so I got a couple of good ones:

HTC Evo Photos
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    I've been saying this all along, the market doesn't really care about multitasking, it's just an added bonus if it's there.

I use my sister as the perfect example quite often, because she lacks every possible knowledge about technology yet she LOVES her iPhone (as does the rest of my family who often call me for things like their DVR failed to record, what do they do now?!).

I asked my sister (as a test, lol) if she wanted multitasking on the iPhone, her response: "what's that?" I replied with, "you can do multiple things at once" ... her: "uhmm, I can already do multiple things at once, watch..." as she proceeded to show me how she txt's, facebook, etc.

It's her type that Apple is largely successful with when it comes to simplicity. The other small niche's are largely due to the fact of the success of the app store and beautiful UX that they deliver.

Palm nailed a lot of things right with WebOS, but sadly they got a lot more wrong. I generally always say that a good UI/UX trumps everything, but WebOS kind of proved me wrong there as I find more often than not due to its sluggishness, terrible hardware and lack of applications that it's damn near impossible to use sometimes.
    You didn't ask her if she wants to still stream her music after exiting the app.

Honestly, that is one of the worst things about the iPhone. Being forced to stay in streaming apps sucks. I had almost forgotten how great it is to have your streamed music in the background when even on my Backflip, streamed music runs while I do whatever else. 4.0 can't get here fast enough.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Here's a blog I've started devoted to Evo pics that I've taken. Just recently took a cross-country trip, so I got a couple of good ones:

HTC Evo Photos
    Nice pics! Keep em coming

I haven't been able to take photos here yet because its been crappy and rainy since October lol
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    You didn't ask her if she wants to still stream her music after exiting the app.

Honestly, that is one of the worst things about the iPhone. Being forced to stay in streaming apps sucks. I had almost forgotten how great it is to have your streamed music in the background when even on my Backflip, streamed music runs while I do whatever else. 4.0 can't get here fast enough.
    True. But to be honest, she doesn't even know about Pandora ... and if she did, I wonder how long it would take her to even realize how to properly "throw it into" the background when iOS 4 hits.. (since you have to double tap the home key).
    Took this with the Evo just a few minutes ago:

Color me impressed. That is a nice photo. I am viewing this from my iPad mind you
    The pixi has an 18bit screen and you wouldn't see the difference unless you look at videos or photos.
    I didn't test photos, just the home screen. The Pixi still appeared warmer to me, but due to the screen size and Gorilla glass(at least I hope it's Gorilla) on the Evo, I wasn't as disappointed as I thought I would be.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I had to leave palm for the first time since the year they started. Two pre's crapped out in one week, and it was bad week to have to wait for a phone as my mom had died.

A few people I trust said to try the droid technology. I miss webos, I miss my touchstone, but the evo really is a great phone. Totally different humanfactors concepts, but very intuitive once you let go of trying to figure it out based on a pre or treo. Love the selection of apps and have yet to pay for one of them!
    mail-1.jpg

this really shows off the autofocus, i absolutely love the camera
    For the people that switched to the HTC why do you keep returning and posting on Precentral? Why not join Android Central? Do you plan to argue EVO vs Pre forever?
    +1
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

For the people that switched to the HTC why do you keep returning and posting on Precentral? Why not join Android Central? Do you plan to argue EVO vs Pre forever?
    1. Force of habit
    2. I still own and use a Pre (via wifi)
    3. I still like Palm (former Treo user)

If you don't like the thread, why post in it (which you've done more than anyone else in this thread after examining your post history)?
    So what would the point of a "HTC EVO 4G vs. Palm Pre" thread be then?

And just because I moved on from a Pre doesn't mean I don't like to see what Palm is doing.
    The thread has become redundant. Same people over and over saying the same thing over and over. 141 pages of nothing. People take a picture with their EVO then post it here repeating the same thing every time. Just let the thread die.
    Then don't read it?
    --edited--

For me, personally, even if I get an Evo, I will still be here, but not to start anything at all. In fact, I just want a new toy, the Pre (if I keep the Evo) will go to my wife, where I will continue in these forums, to keep her up to date and offer 'tech support', and know exactly what is going on and be able to pick up from where I left off.

I also love webOS, and I would love to get a new phone once it comes out. I am a former iDEN user (from 1998-2008) so I never really got to have the 'coolest' phones so now I am taking advantage. Also, from Oct 08 to June of 09 I was using a Moto v950, so the Pre was my first smartphone, and we all can agree you never forget your 'first'.

I also want to see webOS grow and expand, as well as purchase an 'iPad' type device with webOS on it if/when HP does that, as well as a phone.

Who knows... maybe I'll be able to hook my wife onto webOS out of all of this since she will get my phone if/when I do up upgrade
    I switched to lots of phones but post on Treocentral(it registers on both sites) because I love the community, although I haven't used Palm in a long time. Still looking at checking out a Pre or Pixi though. I'm still not sure I want to get the Evo, maybe on non-commitment. Another Android may pop up this summer or fall that I'd like better.

Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    What would I rather have a kickstand or a keyboard... hmm let me think.
    Let me see.. do I want an instant response when doing everything or do I want pre lag? Hmm.
    Do I want a 1 ghz processor or do I want a 600mhz dog that has to be overclocked to come close to acceptable speeds? Hmm.

Do I want a solid high quality device or cheap toy pre hardware that has to be exchanged 8 times before getting a refurb that might work for a little while reliably? Hmm.

Do I want a responsive soft keyboard or the pre's cramped gimped keyboard and put up with th usual multiple letter entries after tapping a key a single time? Hmm.

Do I want the possibility of 4g speeds or do I want the run of the mill pre data speeds?
    Hmm.

How about gps? Do I want a device whose navigational capabilities are marginal or the evo which allows one to command it by voice to find directions to your destination, rerouting you around areas of traffic when present?

Hmm. What incredibly tough decisions,folks! I just dont know what to do! Lol
    Some of us have both. I have 4 phones on our plan . A Pre , A Evo and a Centro ( and a regular phone) . Wife uses one , Son uses another and I use the EVO but also ocasionally use the Pre for some thing.. SO I am on all three forums. Treocentral , Pre Central and Android Central and will remain on all forums probally even when we move on to shoe Phones and there not even HP shoe phones. Been on these forums the longest of any forum I have been on. Since early 2003. pretty much its whole existence. My coming here has surpassed what phone I carry.I come here like its my favorite bar ( NORM !!!) . Im a regular here. My Ghost will come here after I pass on I got a feeling unless I can find some high speed internet in the great beyond. Got to be 4G in heaven I assume.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 06/11/2010 at 09:12 PM.

A lot of us go some time back with T|C.
    Diva has been here for many years.

I like to ask questions about other devices here at T|C because I get the viewpoint from Treo/Pre owners.

I guess we could just as easily post in crossplatform chat over at Androidcentral.
    In fact there is a thread there also:
    AndroidCentral -EVO vs Palm Pre/Android vs WebOS
    I prefer to ask my comparison questions here at P|C \ T|C
    Just call me Berd.
    Well my dear Pre Friends, I too have jumped on the bandwagon, and received my EVO today. At least I was able to sell my very used and banged up Pre back to Sprint for 65$. If anyone needs a touchstone lemme know. I'll let it go real cheap.

To me there is just no comparison between the two phones, and it would be wrong to try to do that. The EVO...IMHO...defeats the pre in every possible way. That includes Browsing, calling, apps, video, camera, etc. The ONLY place WebOS beats A-OS is in gaming, and that should change relatively soon.

When I first went over to the Hero to try out the A-OS, I found myself missing certain things the Pre offered me. I went back to the Pre within a month. There's no looking back at this point now, so I'm really not going to try.

Being a Sprint Premier customer affords me the opportunity to get a new phone every year at the upgrade price, so I guess we'll see what 2011 has to offer. I would say this is the last gasp for WebOS. They really need the next-gen WebOS device to be a TRUE iPhone killer, which I think the EVO already is.
    I likey take apart thingies....