View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 136 of 182 FirstFirst ... 3686126131132133134135136137138139140141146 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,720 of 3633
    Interesting happening over at engadget. They had an actually very unbiased comparison of the EVO and the iphone4 with a poll that has been up most of the day and not too long ago it has been pulled from the site, nowhere to be found with all comments deleted.
    Quote Originally Posted by RBorden629 View Post
    HPalm draging there feet. I was hopful of the webos.
    They said to hopefully complete the transaction by July 31st...these things don't happen instantly...sheesh.

that said, palm should have had something for anniversary launch adopters to upgrade to. however, probably a good idea to see what Apple was going to release to hopefully close the gap.
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    From all i read, Gmail mail client is miles ahead...meaning, if all you use is gmail....use Andriod.

Which fits my main use of my phone...Gmail. Notification you made a good point, didn't know you couldn't get rid of one notification. Also music control...i mean, you can have a widget...but def. not as seamless.

Thanks for the clarification...been eying the Evo ....good to hear impressions.
    Good call on the widgets. Im sure there is plenty to learn about Andoird.. But Im still not satisfied with their email clients. They are all sub-par and just feel clunky. They have some new talent over there now (Thanks to Palm), so the OS will become more unified.. but the developers have to embrace it, so it'll take some time.
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    Interesting happening over at engadget. They had an actually very unbiased comparison of the EVO and the iphone4 with a poll that has been up most of the day and not too long ago it has been pulled from the site, nowhere to be found with all comments deleted.
    Yeah, that was really sad. There was not a 'no' answer to be found on there. The new iPhone is amazing.. but ATT is not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    when reporting battery live, could you please mention whether you areusing 4G or 3G? Thanks...
    common knowledge that while in 4g, battery life sux <<edited by Mod>> bad. Even worse than the Pre. Awesome phone, once you get past it being the size of my i300, and the fact that whatever OS version you get with the phone is the only version you'll ever have........
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 06/09/2010 at 11:17 PM. Reason: language
    Quote Originally Posted by AOW View Post
    common knowledge that while in 4g, battery life sux <<edited by Mod>> bad. Even worse than the Pre. Awesome phone, once you get past it being the size of my i300, and the fact that whatever OS version you get with the phone is the only version you'll ever have........
    Really? You know that some people are already running Froyo on it? And that HTC has already said they're updating it officially at some point? As for the battery sucking with 4g, I don't know that to be the case, but I've not had the opportunity to use it- yet. But then again, no existing Pre has ever been on 4g.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 06/09/2010 at 11:20 PM. Reason: edit quote
    Quote Originally Posted by wprater View Post
    Yeah, that was really sad. There was not a 'no' answer to be found on there. The new iPhone is amazing.. but ATT is not.
    Exactly
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    COMMON knowledge is that they make extended batteries, and you know what? You can swap them into the evo to keep on going. It's a phenomena that's been ongoing for quite some time now. Therefore the battery issue becomes a nonissue. can't do this on an iPhone.
    The size of the evo is also a nonissue, as it is very pocketable. Thirdly, android 2.2 w/ froyo will be downloadable to the evo thereby improving the already blazing fast experience.
    The evo is the Steve Strasburg of the smartphone world. There is no way around it.

Incidentally, how do ya like having to go though 8 pres before getting one that kinda works? Now THAT would suck balls. Eh? Eh.
    The Evo has some nice specs but 64K colors? Thats pathetic. I had a phone 5 years ago that did that. No wonder the UI is so fast when it only has to work with such a limited color pallet. You would think a cutting edge phone would have more color than that. My Atari ST computer 15 years ago did 64K color. Now we have the Iphone 4 that has more resolution, more color, better battery, better UI, more apps, better hardware quality, and better video playback. Man, the Evo is already outdated.
    I went to a corporate store and looked at the Evo screen on a working model and also on the Pixi(it's probably the same bit as the Pre, just smaller). I would have tried the Pre, but it seemed to be turned off. I see what others mean about warmer colors on the Palms. But the Evo screen still has size as an advantage, plenty of room and no squinting. Plus it's glass(maybe Gorilla glass?). It's not as horrible as I thought after hearing it's only 16bit.

But I still want to have a look at the new iPhone HD screen when it comes out.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    The Evo has some nice specs but 64K colors? Thats pathetic. I had a phone 5 years ago that did that. No wonder the UI is so fast when it only has to work with such a limited color pallet. You would think a cutting edge phone would have more color than that. My Atari ST computer 15 years ago did 64K color. Now we have the Iphone 4 that has more resolution, more color, better battery, better UI, more apps, better hardware quality, and better video playback. Man, the Evo is already outdated.
    You don't know what you're talking about. Your post is quite obviously merely sour grapes. The evo smashes the outdated pre's offering. This device is cutting edge. Accept it.
    With the iPhone you have limited data plans on an already slow as molasses network. No 4g either. You have to pay extra for navigation whereas with sprint everything is included and its unlimited. No removable battery either .... what were you saying about outdated specs? Pfft. the iPhone has nice specs but when you consider the cost of service plans as well as the speed and overall feature experience, the evo takes it from both the iPhone AND obviously palm. Hdmi output, 8mp cam, 4g, huge screen with voice search integrated with Google mapsand gps just to name a few? Dude please. Sit down. Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    Sorry that is incorrect, the Atari ST has 64K RAM..not 64K CGA. Most PC's after also had this same limit since (guess the quote) "64K RAM is all that anyone could ever need, more than enough!"

Evo is so crisp along with the Hero and the thing with Android is your able to change the pixel density at run time to make is blocky old school looking or very fine looking. cant comment on the 4G but I just cant believe what Palm has turned people into lol....same as the Iphone crowd. they cant accept the facts at all...

just because the EVO has 64K screen its unusable ROFL????haha... you want a better picture to watch your many movies stored on your SD cards?? Hook up to HDMI.
    i just got my EVO today. and its so awesome....the voice to text functions PERFECTLY, i can talk non stop with no errors. also, the haptic feedback on the OSK wins, the selection of apps is heavenly, and i've been broadcasting video from my phone via ustream to my friends and family....google goggles is awesome, and google voice is seamless and wonderful. the text on the screen is easy to read for hours, no squinting neccessary, also i can type one handed if i choose. the learning curve on the keyboard is very easy. im typing really fast after just a few hours. OH and the task killer is awesome because it has NO memory leaks, open it, close the apps u want, and the available RAM skyrockets IMMEDIATELY. no j stop or luna restarts. im in heaven lol
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    Im not sure if this is why they deleted it but Engadget has developed a short fuse when it comes to commenters. And I don't blame them. Nowadays then you just can't praise a product without someone calling you a shill (As seen on PreCentral). So no matter how fair a Product vs Product article is, someone is going to feel personally insulted and eventually it becomes a comment war that focuses more on people than products.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Can any Evo owner deny/confirm that the phones WiFi struggles to hold a strong signal?
    Just curious.. .

http://www.androidcentral.com/evo-4g...est-how-bad-it
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Can any Evo owner deny/confirm that the phones WiFi struggles to hold a strong signal?
    Just curious.. .

I've been using wifi primarily at home for app downloading and such and have been at full signal the whole time
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Just curious.. .

It's the only real weakness of the device. It's wifi radio is a tad weak by comparison to other phones. Its not a deal breaker on this end.
    I have not had any wifi issues but there are reports its weaker then some other android phones. And to the poster that said your stick with the OS. Thats untrue. EVO is getiing Froyo and all updates when Sprint is done making chages though it might be 3 months from now. But some people already have it . And Yes 4G will suck the life out of a battery . these batterys in phones are barley good for 3g. No phone that has 4g will get good battery life when using 4g. You need to turn on 4G when you need it. You dont need 4g for emai.phone.text.internet. navigation etc. . maybe for streaming music but no hiccups for 3g so far . It is needed for streaming media like movies and youtube. thats when you turn it on.
    Quote Originally Posted by barrysanders20 View Post
    Are you using the stock email app? You may want to use "Touchdown". It's far more robust than the stock app. There should be a trial version for it on the Market.

TouchDown™ Features

Also for multitasking, use "Multitask Manager"

MultiTask Manager gives Android an iPhone OS 4-esque task manager
    thanks for the heads up, i acutally just changed the rules so they leave copy in inbox folder, this way i don't have to keep looking through folders. that works well for me.

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by kbritt31 View Post
    I've been using wifi primarily at home for app downloading and such and have been at full signal the whole time
    same here, i'm using a Linksys G Router and i'm not having any issues. don't have a problem going about the house w/ it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    Im not sure if this is why they deleted it but Engadget has developed a short fuse when it comes to commenters. And I don't blame them. Nowadays then you just can't praise a product without someone calling you a shill (As seen on PreCentral). So no matter how fair a Product vs Product article is, someone is going to feel personally insulted and eventually it becomes a comment war that focuses more on people than products.
    agree with you there, i love webOS and i'm quickly beggining to love Android 2.1 as i get use to it. to me both Pre and Evo have their ups and downs. right now though, Evo is much better phone for what i do and how i use it. it may be different for other people. oh well...

I will consider looking into the next webOS phone when that time comes if it meets my needs.