View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 133 of 182 FirstFirst ... 3383123128129130131132133134135136137138143 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,660 of 3633
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hollabak009 View Post
    one thing palm needs to improve is the screen... they need to at least up it to 3.7....looks like a dwarf compared to the EVO...
    It's funny how hung up people are on the screen size... bigger is not necessarily better... I bet the EVO would look like a dwarf next to the IPad, but that wouldn't make the IPad a better phone....
    Quote Originally Posted by ltlruss View Post
    It's funny how hung up people are on the screen size... bigger is not necessarily better... I bet the EVO would look like a dwarf next to the IPad, but that wouldn't make the IPad a better phone....
    Well, look at it this way:

Put video, eReading, and games to the side (though these are important factors for needing a bigger screen). Just think about the web experience. You either need apps that aggregate Web data (e.g. eBay, bank apps, etc) or you need more screen real estate to look at full web pages with less scrolling.

The Pre has neither, and HPalm can only control one of them.
    I have a pre and saw the evo in the sprint store and the color difference wasn't as big as you guys seem to be making.

Looking at pictures on the device actually looked better on the Evo. Maybe it was cause the screen size or higher resolution...i dunno.

Icons looked better on the Pre of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    Yeah. You keep telling yourself that.
    Shrug, I'm loving the EVO. I also understand it's limitations.
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    I like the pre size but wouldn't mind a slightly bigger screen once it has a keypad. It also needs to have the same vibrant 24bit screen and not that washed out color screen like the evo. Pictures and videos do not look right in 16bit. I heard the android OS is limited to 16bit like windows mobile 6 but that shouldn't matter for videos. The moto droid also has 24bit. Maybe an evo revisions is released with a better screen.
    Are you serious? The EVO is a 16-bit screen? Ouch.
    Probably been asked already, but I really don't want to go sifting through pointless thread after pointless thread or pointless post after pointless post so... Is the EVO's batt life any better than the Pre's? Realistic people... not "trolling".
    Yes. On one charge with moderate use I got about 15-16hrs of use and still had 10% left at the end of the day. That is the stock battery too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    Yes. On one charge with moderate use I got about 15-16hrs of use and still had 10% left at the end of the day. That is the stock battery too.
    That's about what I get on the Pre... but considering the display size difference and having to power that display brightness, that's pretty decent battery life. People who complain about battery life (no matter the device or platform) don't realize the grass is nearly as green on both sides of the fence. Pre's isn't AS green, but close
    No, it means the grass is pretty s... everywhere...
    i get about 2-3 hours of propper use on my pre 15-16 is godsent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever92 View Post
    Probably been asked already, but I really don't want to go sifting through pointless thread after pointless thread or pointless post after pointless post so... Is the EVO's batt life any better than the Pre's? Realistic people... not "trolling".
    I get substantially better battery life with the EVO. Today, for example, I got about 16 hours of out of the EVO, including a couple of hours of wifi-tethering for streaming slingbox for my daughter in the car, 1-2 hours of phone calls, and lots of email, texting and web browsing. I still love my Pre, but there's absolutely no way I'd get anywhere near that usage with it. I'd guesstimate that I'd get about 2/3 through the day with similar usage with the Pre. Most days, though, that wasn't a problem, since I have a car charger and can charge at work as well. Both devices have pluses and minuses, but I'd give a clear win to the Evo for battery life (it is a substantially bigger battery, after all).
    Assuming I keep the Evo, I plan to get the 1750mAh battery from seidio. It should put the battery life pretty close to 20 hours, which is totally sufficient. Just need a spare battery for when I am on call.

And for those wondering, I still have my Pre which I use as a PDA and to play games.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    Can you put up another link please?
    Link to what? The video I watched? Sure:
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    Assuming I keep the Evo, I plan to get the 1750mAh battery from seidio. It should put the battery life pretty close to 20 hours, which is totally sufficient. Just need a spare battery for when I am on call.

And for those wondering, I still have my Pre which I use as a PDA and to play games.
    I've decided to keep the evo. I've had a few days with it and the amount of things I can really do with this phone vs a patched Pre, it's really no contest. It's just a more functional piece of gear. I'm gonna get the extended battery as well, just for giggles.

All things considered and no fanboyism involved, it's the right phone for me.
    I just got an evo yesterday as my work phone and here are what i consider pros and cons:

Pro's:
    - Big Screen (I use to think bigger screens didn't matter, well they do lol)
    - Live Backgrounds
    - Faster GUI
    - More Apps
    - Visual Voicemail
    - Speech to text
    - Speech to search
    - Front Mount Camera
    - Stirdier Hardware
    - 8 mp Camera ( Although it takes way better pics than pre and has zoom and focus, it's still not a true 8mp camera, my 7.2 sony cam kills this camera and that things is like 3 years old.)

Cons
    - Doesn't have webOS ;-)
    - Not as easy to multitask as webOS
    - Buttons on the bottom are too sensative Home, Menu, Back, Search (atleast for me)
    - SD Card under battery (this is stupid desing imo)
    - Emails- pain in the **** not as simple if you have lots of folders like i do, i have a folder for everyone and i have a rule to move emails to set folder. Phone doesn't seem to auto download them so i constantly have to click on their name to make sure it's up to date. I used to be able to click on the star next to them in webos and it would automatically update it.

That's my first day w/ it, so far i'd say, i really like it, every phone will have it's pros and cons. I still like my pre too (as my personal phone) and i hope they come out w/ something new later this year, that way i can upgrade my personal account to new webOS phone.

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    SD card under the batt... ? Seriously? :facepalm: : sigh:
    For me, that isn't a deal breaker. I would just get a big memory card along with the phone, shove it in there and be done with it... again, that is just me.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    I guess its better than where Palm put theirs..
    Interesting article on Google's "fragmentation" problem from a developer perspective:

Android's Fragmentation Problem from IT Solution Journal
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Interesting article on Google's "fragmentation" problem from a developer perspective:

Android's Fragmentation Problem from IT Solution Journal
    No snark, but where was the article? I saw nothing but regurgitation of the same talking points I see here and at Engadget and Gizmodo everyday.