View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 13 of 182 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182363113 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    I don't know about #2 but they will definitely see a good increase with this phone. The hw is a beast and ppl like the "wow" factor of it. It's the latest and greatest and the "Up to 720p" video recorder will be attractive to many people.

Personally, EVO type spec'd hw + WebOS = dominance.
    I completely agree with you. If Palm had a device at least as nice as the EVO running WebOS, it would be an amazing phone.
    I don't think they will be number #2 but certainly Sprint will have a boost in their sub count. I hope this does help Sprint a lot they really need it. If the iPhone gave att its glory... why not this HTC Evo 4G phone? Hmmm... lol xD btw I hope Palm does make something close to this HTC Evo, Id so jump ship for it! But I will wait for you Palm... hurry hurry... time is ticking...
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmac06 View Post
    I don't think they will be number #2 but certainly Sprint will have a boost in their sub count. I hope this does help Sprint a lot they really need it. If the iPhone gave att its glory... why not this HTC Evo 4G phone? Hmmm... lol xD btw I hope Palm does make something close to this HTC Evo, Id so jump ship for it! But I will wait for you Palm... hurry hurry... time is ticking...
    I think a lot of us would agree with you on this...Palm, you need to step up to the plate and hit a homer! No singles.....no doubles....knock it out!

Are you kidding me? If you put all the specs of the EVO into a webOS environment there's no choice but to go with WebOS!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brandon bailey View Post
    im sticking with webOs i hate droid all my friends have droid phones and they all try to talk **** but they don't understand the potential of webOs because their n00bs and trolls
    awesome
    I'm still holding an old phone (Nokia 6275i) and I'm ready to switch to a new phone, but I think I'll wait for Palm to fix their issues with their phones (or bring out a new phone). I'm sorry, but the Android OS is just not making me want any of the HTC phones out there. I'm sure HTC will come out with another smartphone in a couple of months that will beat the EVO and make everyone say "Oooooo......Ahhhhhhh". :-P
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    I've had my original pre since July and it has been OKAY..
    I intially loved the Palm Pre but it has since worn off. I am not sure whether it is a combination of things wrong with phone but I have been really dissappointed with it for a while.
    There really has not been one single app that has just blown my mind that I had to have. Right off the bat I would buy a Shazam app or a bump app which for as long as the Palm pre has been out does not have. For me poor battery life, the constant problems with my bluetooth and phone not staying synced while on the phone( my phone cycling thorugh headset,handset,bluetooth), My volume bar is also constantly cycling for some reason have turned me off slowly but surely from the phone, my list is longer but for the sake of a wall of text I'll stop there with the complaints.

The pre just to me seems to be a cheap build with Oreo effect which on my phone is getting worse and now my little power button on the top right of the phone seems to have recessed quite a bit making it hard to push and it seems like I have to push harder to get it to work everyday. It's a lot of little things like that is the reason that I want to switch phones.

Why should I stay with Palm when the new 4g phone comes out ? What would make the Pre a better phone ?

To me is seems like the new 4g phone beats the Pre in every way- The app store is already better and the phones isnt even out yet, the technical spcifications of the EVO are better the PRe, the screen is bigger..

Can anyone tell me why I should stay with my Palm PRE ?
    It's all about what you need and what you like. Seems like you've determined you don't like the Pre. So why do you need someone to tell you otherwise?

Edit: i had a list going anyways with why you may want a Pre, but you know all that or should. So i deleted. And it kind of defeated the point i made.
    Last edited by cardfan; 03/25/2010 at 10:03 AM.
    One of the best features of webOS (and thus, your Pre) is Universal Search. However, since you don't appear to like using search in general, this feature probably won't appeal to you on your Pre, either.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    One of the best features of webOS (and thus, your Pre) is Universal Search. However, since you don't appear to like using search in general, this feature probably won't appeal to you on your Pre, either.
    LMAO! Nicely stated.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    if you have never used an Android and you wanna ditch WebOS for one go right ahead...but I can almost guarantee that u'll be dissapointed...and come runnin back to WebOS... I know this from previously having an Android device...which I thought was the *****...untill I got a pre...gave the droid to my mom cause she wanted a smart phone...now when she needs me to do anything on it for her it's like pulling teeth tryna navigate that thing!
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    why anyone would want to walk around with something that size in their pocket I'll never know. 3.7" is the largest screen I would consider as an option for a phone. that's just me though
    Quote Originally Posted by Issey_phresh View Post
    if you have never used an Android and you wanna ditch WebOS for one go right ahead...but I can almost guarantee that u'll be dissapointed...and come runnin back to WebOS... I know this from previously having an Android device...which I thought was the *****...untill I got a pre...gave the droid to my mom cause she wanted a smart phone...now when she needs me to do anything on it for her it's like pulling teeth tryna navigate that thing!
    Ditto....No matter how nice the hardware on the upcoming EVO is, it'll still be running Android 2.1 and sucking.

Although Android does have one positive quality....it frustrated me so much that I started looking for another phone and ended up with my Pre......Happy Endings
    Try Android, and see if you like it. It takes adjustment from WebOS, but it has many advantages WebOS does not and vice versa. Either platform is more than suitable for your day-to-day needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Issey_phresh View Post
    I would have agreed 3 months ago but android 2+ is very nice and it appears that HTC has built in enhanced multitasing capabilities that are somewhat palmesque.

Lets not kid each other- the EVO represents a radical move forward on almost all fronts. The feature list is simply unprecedented and I cant think back to a device that made such a leap forward for its time. The pre cant even begin to compete on paper.

The pre is eminently usable however- and that is really the big unanswered question on the EVO.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    the EVO could have all the features any phone could eva handle...but what would be the use if none of em worked well...Android itself is a bottleneck...slap that "feature list" on a phone runnin WebOS and I'm sold...otherwise they can keep that android crap...oh and by the way my friend has a nexus1 and he complains constantly about it...the thing lags with a 1GHz snapdragon...go and try and blame that on hardware...lol...hardware is useless without proper OS utilization
    To fix the button problem, search the forum. Mine died last night. First hardware problem for me. I removed the button with small screwdriver and put a little piece of rubber band in it and replaced button. I know you shouldn't have to do this, however, it works like a charm now.

Also, extended Seidio battery is great. I like the Pre because this forum helps me build upon the phone to make it the way I like. If I have a problem, it usually can be sorted out here.

I can't comment on your other complaints since I don't use items you talk about.
    Last edited by japclev; 03/25/2010 at 10:35 AM.
    this is like a melee war between the Pre and the EVO except the EVO is using a rocket launcher instead...2 different gen phones not right to compare. almost like comparing civic to 3series.
    I'm gonna stay with Palm, I heard their next phone is gonna double as a teleportation device.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    true...they are uncomparable...maybe the next generation smartphone that palm brings can be compared to the beastly EVO..lmao
    I bought a Nexus One because of all the power/features it offered as well as wanting the much hyped Android 2.1 .....Worst phone i've ever had.