View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 129 of 182 FirstFirst ... 2979119124125126127128129130131132133134139179 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,580 of 3633
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Disgustoid View Post
    Good thing the Pre's been around for a year and Palm has already squashed the "too many cards" error, random luna restarts and phone reboots, the Oreo effect, numerous Exchange issues, alarms not working, the web browser deciding to reload the page when you no longer have an internet connection, random email accounts being deleted for no apparent reason, and all the other significant issues the Pre had. Oh wait...
    For real. I'm loving my Evo so far.

I'll return to WebOS once Palm has announced their next handset....as long as the hardware is great.
  2.    #2562  
    EVO Breaks Sales Record - Estimated 225,000 - 320,000 HTC EVO Sold in One Day

HTC Evo Android Phone Breaks Sales Records For Sprint (S, GOOG)
    San Francisco Chronicle - Jay Yarow - ‎8 minutes ago‎
    The HTC Evo had the biggest sales ever on a launch day for Sprint, the company announced today. Sprint doesn't tell us how many it sold. ...

HTC Evo breaks sales records amid new Apple iPhone hoopla
    Computerworld - Matt Hamblen - ‎18 minutes ago‎
    While the next Apple iPhone is sure to get everybody's attention this week, Sprint-Nextel's new HTC Evo 4G smartphone broke sales records ...

CORRECTING and REPLACING HTC EVO(TM) 4G Breaks Sales Records for Sprint on ...
    MarketWatch (press release) - ‎19 minutes ago‎
    Friday, June 4, was an early morning for thousands of customers who lined up several hours before Sprint (NYSE:S) stores opened their doors in anticipation ...

Sprint Boasts of EVO4G Sales Records, Warns of Shortages
    PC Magazine - Mark Hachman - ‎19 minutes ago‎
    Sprint said Monday that it tallied a record number of sales for its Sprint HTC EVO 4G smartphone, which saw shortages as a result. ...

HTC EVO 4G sets new sales records for Sprint
    Fortune - Seth Weintraub - ‎4 hours ago‎
    The EVO eclipsed the sales of the Palm Pre and Samsung Instinct, Sprint's previous record holders, by a huge margin. Friday sales of HTC EVO 4G marked the ...
    Quote Originally Posted by beachboy View Post
    I looked at the phone a couple of weeks ago, it was a demo and wasn't working. The size is huge, but doesn't seem to weigh more than Pre (just each unit in my hands, not scientific :-) )

I haven't been able to play with the operating system or other features. I may be traveling alot soon and the larger screen appeals to me. I am still about 3 months from my 12 month ability to switch out of Pre, will be interested in next Pre. I like the Pre form, but if I am traveling smaller screen is a problem for me.

I need a backpack for EVO (just kidding), but its very large and the battery must be 2x as big as Pre. It may need a 3x battery to drive that huge screen.
    Evo battery is 1500mAh and the stock Pre is 1100mAh. So far it seems that the Evo has better battery life, but I haven't done any real testing and I have been playing with it a bit.

Also, the Evo fits surprisingly well in jean/short pockets (at least for guys).

The screen is awesome, looking at websites and email is much much more enjoyable. Then screen is almost the entire size of the Pre itself.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    i get my new evo tomorrow in the mail, can't wait. Although i've seen some of the so called HD videos it takes and i'm not sold on the 720p output. I think my pre takes better video.

Calm down everyone, i still have my pre as a person phone and an evo as my work phone. ;-)

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    Wrong forum, it's already been talked about here:

http://forums.precentral.net/cross-p...-official.html

I'll give a dollar to anyone that can create an evo thread that doesn't get merged into this one after about six or seven posts even if the topic isn't 'evo vs pre'.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    I'll give a dollar to anyone that can create an evo thread that doesn't get merged into this one after about six or seven posts even if the topic isn't 'evo vs pre'.
    You are certainly persistent...
    Is the EVO plagued by the same GPS problems that ruined the Pre? I am switching in July because the GPS function of the Pre is just awful. I can't be resetting the phone and typing in special GPS codes into the phone app just to get a GPS signal that is accurate to 50m.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mw03 View Post
    Is the EVO plagued by the same GPS problems that ruined the Pre? I am switching in July because the GPS function of the Pre is just awful. I can't be resetting the phone and typing in special GPS codes into the phone app just to get a GPS signal that is accurate to 50m.
    The GPS on the Evo is great, the best of any smartphone I have used yet. Upon opening the Google Maps app, it locks onto my location within 10 meters in less than 2 seconds (I'm in the Los Angeles area, YMMV). My Pre took a few seconds to lock on, and my Hero was worse, taking up to 15 seconds to lock on within a 100m radius.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    Best to the keep EVO/Android fanboyism in one place.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLogan View Post
    The GPS on the Evo is great, the best of any smartphone I have used yet. Upon opening the Google Maps app, it locks onto my location within 10 meters in less than 2 seconds (I'm in the Los Angeles area, YMMV). My Pre took a few seconds to lock on, and my Hero was worse, taking up to 15 seconds to lock on within a 100m radius.
    let me ask you a question, how's the multitasking on the EVO working out? i'm just curious , i've never used an android device so i'm not sure how to multitask lol.

Multitasking is pretty good on EVO. Not as good as WEB OS but its good.
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Multitasking is pretty good on EVO. Not as good as WEB OS but its good.
    I get the sense (pun intended) that what people are calling is really just "app switching". As in, how easy is it to get from the browser- to email- to text- to facebook- back to browser...

That's just playing "software carousel" - which was actually a product back in the days of MS-DOS...

What I want to hear about is whether Android can have multiple browsers open (or tabbed browsing) so I can load more than one page and switch between them. That's multitasking.

On my Pre+, I can scroll through a list of items from a Google search, and gesture+tap to open the ones that are interesting. Then I can move to each instance and drill down without having to back all the way out to Google in order to drill down on the next result that was interesting.

Same idea as "open in a new window" in a browser on my PC...

So, can anyone tell me if Android can do tabbed browsing and/or have multiple instances of the browser open at once? To me, that would be a more useful example of multi-tasking that moves beyond just switching between apps without having to wait for them to restart each time...

Ps, everyone should get the patch that turns off the webOS default to reload a web page every time the browser is brought from cardview in to full screen. What was Palm thinking when they decided to have it auto-refresh and slow things down??? Fortunately, there is a patch for that.
    could everyone just forget about patches when using comparisons?

if android truly is "software carousel" and "true" (pre) multitasking is memory leaks, TMCs, browser reloads, then sign me up...where's that carousel?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    So, can anyone tell me if Android can do tabbed browsing and/or have multiple instances of the browser open at once? To me, that would be a more useful example of multi-tasking that moves beyond just switching between apps without having to wait for them to restart each time...

Ps, everyone should get the patch that turns off the webOS default to reload a web page every time the browser is brought from cardview in to full screen. What was Palm thinking when they decided to have it auto-refresh and slow things down??? Fortunately, there is a patch for that.
    Yes, it can.
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    Yes, it can.
    Thanks for the answer. Any screenshots or list of steps? My neighbor asked me to figure it out and show him. He is getting frustrated...
    I get the sense (pun intended) that what people are calling is really just "app switching". As in, how easy is it to get from the browser- to email- to text- to facebook- back to browser...

That's just playing "software carousel" - which was actually a product back in the days of MS-DOS...

What I want to hear about is whether Android can have multiple browsers open (or tabbed browsing) so I can load more than one page and switch between them. That's multitasking.
    It's had that ability for sometime. Like iPhone, Android only opens ONE instance of the browser, but lets you open as many sites as you want within it using a "cards" interface (And iPhone had it before WebOS was ever announced, so don't bother with accusations of mimicry). You can open far more Web pages than you can in WebOS, and they reload and checkerboard far less.

Unfortunately, it's a solution that requires homebrew, which means most WebOS users will never see or use it.
    Last edited by mikah912; 06/07/2010 at 12:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    Yes, it can.
    Lol, I should've explained a little better. You can open multiple browser pages. You obviously can't swipe through them as simply as you can on WebOS, but you can go through them coverflow style.
    Thanks for the answer. Any screenshots or list of steps? My neighbor asked me to figure it out and show him. He is getting frustrated...
    When in the browser, tap menu, windows. That takes you into the card-like interface where you can add a browser page and scroll through you various open windows.