View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 127 of 182 FirstFirst ... 2777117122123124125126127128129130131132137177 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,540 of 3633
    i just want my EVO already is it MONDAY yet
    HTC EVO 4G's appearance on HSN is either a great sign, or a harbinger of the apocalypse -- Engadget

So the EVO is Slap Chop quality... how do you guys feel now

Maybe should get Vince Offer to start selling Evos.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I hate that half open email, and you're just like c'mon...open already. You can't even move it to a folder because tappingon that option just gives a blank screen until more of the email opens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    The most shocking difference to me between the WebOS and Android is checking mail. Honestly the first thing I noticed is that tapping on a message retrieves it near instantly (a tad slower than a BB because of transitions), where it would take a second or two on WebOS, even when OC'd to 800MHz.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    I think "First 4G Phone" is effective advertising for mainstream buyers of the Evo. They should mention the apps and HDMI output too though, if they aren't already. And also throw a mention in of how you can stream video and music and video chat.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I like the specs of the Evo, but I will give you several reasons why I am sticking with my pre. (1) I do not have $g service so I would be wasting $10 a month. (2) Webos is still a young but better operating system. I love being able to run multiple apps, and I don't think anyone has a better notification system. I will give it time to grow cause iphone and androd had its flaws when it first came out. (3) I do think that palm will make a better phone than the pre that may be just as good or better than the Evo, but even if they don't, Evo will be cheaper if I do decide to chage phones. I am sure that Evo is a good phone, but Webos has its advantages.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    You haven't seen calwidget or purecal obviously. I have over two weeks on my home screen at all times. Though I have it in 3x4 which is full length and 3 column width. But there are so many formatting options for spacing and info as well as colors and font size. It's highly customizable. Calwidget is free, pureCal is a couple bucks and a little more polished. I want info always there when my screen turns on. There is ZERO way to do that in webOS. And for as slick as webOS is, that inadequacy, in my eyes, makes the OS feel dated.

I explained why I don't like the agenda app here. It defeats the purpose of having an agenda view on the home screen. I don't want to have to launch and scroll to see what I have going on over the next couple weeks. And if I use Helix Launcher I can have a ton of agenda info with room for 8 of my most use apps to launch without having to use different home screens.
    Did not find PureCal, but agenda app in Pre still Ok, Used Cal Wiged - it shows on home screen, but it is all the time! Unless that what you want...
    Quote Originally Posted by kbritt31 View Post
    let them hate lol. im going to post a video of me typing one handed when i get my EVO tomorrow to shut everyone up
    Sure typing....the OSK is AT THE BOTTOM. Let me see you pull down the notification tray or access your first 2-3 contacts on the contacts widget with the EVO held in the "normal" use position.

Unless your related to E.T., no way your thumb gets up there and THAT means your phone is ******** big.
    Is anyone enjoying the 'little things' on their Evo? Like a scroll bar for example .. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    Sure typing....the OSK is AT THE BOTTOM. Let me see you pull down the notification tray or access your first 2-3 contacts on the contacts widget with the EVO held in the "normal" use position.

Unless your related to E.T., no way your thumb gets up there and THAT means your phone is ******** big.
    i brought up typing because several people kept saying its impossible to type using one hand. i was simply telling them they are wrong.

as for your contacts list thing...okay? I can use voice recognition to pull up my contacts...is there a patch for that?
    Sprint is reporting EVO launch sells THREE times more phones in one day (friday) then the Pre and Samsung Instinct did in it's first three days combined.

"Friday sales of HTC EVO 4G marked the largest quantity of a single phone sold in one day ever for Sprint - the record was previously held by both Samsung InstinctTM and Palm PreTM. In addition, the total number of HTC EVO 4G devices sold on launch day was three times the number of Samsung Instinct and Palm Pre devices sold over their first three days on the market combined. "
    Sprint | News Release
    EVO vs. Pre?

Looks like EVO is seriously throwing knockout punches. If this keeps up they may have to stop this fight before someone get's injured.
    Yep, there's a waiting list of about 50 people, they said at the Best Buy near me. There's others in the area though, plus a couple of Sprint stores. I will decide this week if I'll get one or not.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Some info about the sales of EVO's , very good news for Sprint.

HTC EVO(TM) 4G Breaks Sales Records for Sprint on Launch Day; America's First 4G Phone is a Hit with Customers - MarketWatch

HTC EVO(TM) 4G Breaks Sales Records for Sprint on Launch Day; America's First 4G Phone is a Hit with Customers

OVERLAND PARK, Kan., Jun 07, 2010 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Friday, June 4, was an early morning for thousands of customers who lined up several hours before Sprint (S 4.78, -0.17, -3.43%) stores opened their doors in anticipation of the first day of sales for America's first 3G/4G phone, HTC EVO(TM) 4G. Customers were anxious to get their hands on HTC EVO 4G providing record sales figures for Sprint stores around the country.

Friday sales of HTC EVO 4G marked the largest quantity of a single phone sold in one day ever for Sprint -- the record was previously held by both Samsung Instinct(TM) and Palm Pre(TM). In addition, the total number of HTC EVO 4G devices sold on launch day was three times the number of Samsung Instinct and Palm Pre devices sold over their first three days on the market combined.

"HTC EVO 4G is a clear winner for customers with the powerful combination of an amazing multimedia experience in 3G coverage areas that becomes even better in our growing number of 4G markets. It is terrific to see customers react so positively to this device and the innovative experience it brings to them," said Dan Hesse, Sprint CEO.

The record pace of HTC EVO 4G sales led to temporary shortages of the device at some of the 22,000 sales locations across the United States, including Sprint retail stores, national retail partners including RadioShack, Best Buy and Walmart, and indirect dealers. Sprint and HTC are diligently working around the clock to increase inventory in all sales channels. Additional shipments are arriving in retail stores on a regular basis with many stores seeing daily deliveries.

"HTC EVO 4G has more than lived up to our expectations that it would be one of the most anticipated technology products of the year," said Kevin Packingham, senior vice president - Product Development for Sprint. "We are working closely with our partners at HTC to increase the supply and get EVO 4G into the hands of everyone who wants one as quickly as possible."

RAVE REVIEWS ROLLING IN

Respected technology and telecommunications media and analysts lavished HTC EVO 4G with praise through its opening weekend:
    I was told by Sprint manager 4g will be $10 more a month if you are on unlimited plan.

Quote Originally Posted by wmurch3 View Post
    yeah it looks like there will be an added cost to that 4g access so I'll go ahead and wait and see on this. The phone looks really nice but it would look a lot nicer with WebOS on it.
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
    I looked at the phone a couple of weeks ago, it was a demo and wasn't working. The size is huge, but doesn't seem to weigh more than Pre (just each unit in my hands, not scientific :-) )

I haven't been able to play with the operating system or other features. I may be traveling alot soon and the larger screen appeals to me. I am still about 3 months from my 12 month ability to switch out of Pre, will be interested in next Pre. I like the Pre form, but if I am traveling smaller screen is a problem for me.

I need a backpack for EVO (just kidding), but its very large and the battery must be 2x as big as Pre. It may need a 3x battery to drive that huge screen.
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
    Great news for Sprint!

Now the next webOS device has to up the ante!
    Beside what EVO offers, if pre-2 has to copy that: it need to have 1) dual cortex A9 2) Super Amoled screen 3) atleast 3.7 inches of screen 4) Quadruple its current resolution
    Wow... I figured it would be a big seller, but 3X the Instinct and Pre combined? That's just insane.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    linky

I guess this one wouldn't have been too hard to predict. Three Evos were sold for every one Instinct and Pre. 3x sales is not too shabby. And with comments from some sprint reps (yes it's hearsay) saying many are dumping their Pres, HPalm definitely needs to step up to the table, and not next year.

Motorola will have their 4.3" answer coming to Verizon to join the Incredible. AT&T will have the iPhone4 soon. Apple wants to really put their stamp on this one so much that iphone owners under contract for quite a few more months are getting their upgrade date moved ahead to some time in June. And WP7 is just picking up more steam. Dell looks like they are producing some sleek hard keyed designs, and of course the slab enthusiasts will be happy since many are of that nature.
    Last edited by crogs571; 06/07/2010 at 09:10 AM.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    brick is still a brick , no matter it's broken or not
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Beside what EVO offers, if pre-2 has to copy that: it need to have 1) dual cortex A9 2) Super Amoled screen 3) atleast 3.7 inches of screen 4) Quadruple its current resolution
    And don't forget the Mr. Fusion battery pack too