View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 126 of 182 FirstFirst ... 2676116121122123124125126127128129130131136176 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,520 of 3633
    Quote Originally Posted by Clipse View Post
    I also don't like how all your apps are listed on the same page. I'd rather be able to group them into pages.
    That is because you need to customize your homescreens to how you want them. Also you can put apps in folders on your homescreens. It is very inefficient to go into all apps to launch what you want. Customize your screens and then android becomes more efficient.
    That's what your home screens are for. Customize then any way you wish with widgets, apps, system toggles, shortcuts and so on. The app list is just that, a list. My home screens were so finely tuned I rarely went to the app list.

And you have to go through so many menus because you haven't customized it to your liking. Learn to use it, the ins and outs, and you'll start to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clipse View Post
    I also don't like how all your apps are listed on the same page. I'd rather be able to group them into pages.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    1) Android doesn't use the GPU either, but JIT in Froyo makes it a speed demon.

2) I connect quicker and more consistently on the Hero and Moment.

3) Tough to disagree

Unumbered... that was a good choice. Big subie fan.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Of course you know there is a patch for that, right? Crazy that Palm though reloading was a good idea! It's not. But the patch solved it!

I love how webOS lets me have a whole bunch of browser cards open, almost like a poor man's tabbed browsing. Can Android do that and/or do tabbed browsing? That has become a real favorite!
    Yup yup, thankfully Evo browser can have multiple websites open. Just hit the menu-windows option, and your presented with the sites you have open in a coverflow style option. As for the Patch, I've used it and occasionally still have reload webpages and thats soo annoying still.
    where is the patch for a better app ecosystem?

just wondering
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    That is because you need to customize your homescreens to how you want them. Also you can put apps in folders on your homescreens. It is very inefficient to go into all apps to launch what you want. Customize your screens and then android becomes more efficient.
    Functional out of the box? I think not.
    Quote Originally Posted by crawdaddct View Post
    customization is SUCH a hassle
    How can something stock be functional out of the box the way YOU want it to be? Did I miss the psychic app somewhere? The whole point of the OS, home screens and widgets is to customize the phone to the way you like to use it. On the Pre, you only have one way to use it. Four launcher apps and then an app list divided into screens. My six year old niece could figure that out. It's the same way things have been done for 13yrs on PDAs and smartphones.

If you really have no desire to customize a home screen or three with just the apps you want along with some live widgets and other shortcuts, then you wasted your time and money buying the phone in the first place. Return it and keep your Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by crawdaddct View Post
    Yeah, god forbid I actually trick out the phone so it's efficient for me to use. Might as well get a WP7 phone when they come out that will customize the phone exactly the way Microsoft knows how you want it customized, right out of the box too.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbritt31 View Post
    customization is SUCH a hassle
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    Yeah, god forbid I actually trick out the phone so it's efficient for me to use. Might as well get a WP7 phone when they come out that will customize the phone exactly the way Microsoft knows how you want it customized, right out of the box too.
    uh. i was being sarcastic? lol
    I saw a dummy Evo at Best Buy, so now I have a better idea of the size. I'd say it's wide but not exactly huge like people are saying. It's really thin. I do think Verizon's Incredible is a better fit in the hand for me though. But I don't see how anyone with bigger hands could say the Evo is huge. Even I don't think it's huge, just maybe a little too wide. But the upside would be you won't be going blind trying to read the screen.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I saw a dummy Evo at Best Buy, so now I have a better idea of the size. I'd say it's wide but not exactly huge like people are saying. It's really thin. I do think Verizon's Incredible is a better fit in the hand for me though. But I don't see how anyone with bigger hands could say the Evo is huge. Even I don't think it's huge, just maybe a little too wide. But the upside would be you won't be going blind trying to read the screen.
    I have an Evo and Pre right now. The Evo fits surprising well into your pocket. I actually prefer it to the Pre because it is thin. But yes, it is very wide and I am still adjusting to that.

After 3 days of use I don't really see why people are saying android is horrible. There are a few things from WebOS that I do miss (switching between apps in particular) but there are things about android that are really nice.

If anyone has any questions about comparing the Evo and Pre I can attempt to make comparison videos. My Pre is running as a PDA right now and is completely stock.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    I was building off of your statement with some extra sarcasm
    Quote Originally Posted by kbritt31 View Post
    uh. i was being sarcastic? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by glassadam View Post
    Who puts their cellphone in their back pocket?
    I agree. NO phone should be placed in your back pocket for that very reason. You may forget it's there, sit down and boom.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    I have an Evo and Pre right now. The Evo fits surprising well into your pocket. I actually prefer it to the Pre because it is thin. But yes, it is very wide and I am still adjusting to that.

After 3 days of use I don't really see why people are saying android is horrible. There are a few things from WebOS that I do miss (switching between apps in particular) but there are things about android that are really nice.

If anyone has any questions about comparing the Evo and Pre I can attempt to make comparison videos. My Pre is running as a PDA right now and is completely stock.
    Its the same people that say the Pre with the 800mhz patch is "as responsive as an iPhone"

Its placing WebOS/the Pre on a pedestal its not on yet. I hope the next webOS device is all cleaned up but if i wasn't a techie i don't know how i would've gotten by on the Pre.
    unfortunately what it's called is a banned word on this site because apparently it's an insult when people resemble a stereotype created by the Apple crowd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    Its the same people that say the Pre with the 800mhz patch is "as responsive as an iPhone"

Its placing WebOS/the Pre on a pedestal its not on yet. I hope the next webOS device is all cleaned up but if i wasn't a techie i don't know how i would've gotten by on the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post

The most shocking difference to me between the WebOS and Android is checking mail. Honestly the first thing I noticed is that tapping on a message retrieves it near instantly (a tad slower than a BB because of transitions), where it would take a second or two on WebOS, even when OC'd to 800MHz.

yeah i noticed that too. Application opening speeds as well. (though the OC patch did help that a lot).

Since oyu have both i want to see if you noticed this. THe kinetic scrolling on android....did it feel almost ...hmmm i guess the best word...non organic? Like the iPhone/Pre scrolling outside of the scroll lag on the Pre it felt pretty good...matched momentum well. On android it sometimes feels like it goes faster than what i thought i was flicking.

Maybe because i am not used to it yet but just something i noticed. Just a small thing really.
    Yes I noticed that too. It is a little over excited about it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    If it makes anyone feel better, Sprint still hasn't figured out how to create effective advertising... The current evo tag line is: What can you do with "first"?

So forget about Android, forget about Sensue UI, forget about having a 720p display with HDMI, 50,000 apps, etc etc. Their value prop is that it's the first 4G phone. Will they ever learn what merit-based marketing is about?
    I though the bad marketing bit with Palm was more on Palms end as the SPrint commercials with the Pre were actually pretty good and told you what was special about WebOS.