View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 125 of 182 FirstFirst ... 2575115120121122123124125126127128129130135175 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,500 of 3633
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxdrunkie View Post
    Ill tell you what I love about android multitasking, WEBPAGES DO NOT RELOAD!!

yup, have a bunch of tabs open of webpages? Restassured you will not have to wait for the webpage to reload when you go back to it!!!!

The mail app on the pre is so much better though, thats when the pre and iphone have android beat. Especially the pre.
    I know one thing is for sure, I wont be having any TMCs or have to do any luna restarts before I want to open a 3D game
    Yeah i just played with the Evo...its not a brick in any fashion. Super sleek really.

Can't wait to pick one up.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    I dont understand being married to one operating system. I love WEB OS but I also like Android and if the IPHONE did what i want it to I would have no problem lovin the iphone. As I said before I dont get a check from HP . I dont work for HP. I have no allegiance to buy a phone from HP. but if it fits what I need then I will.

My feelings exactly!

Which ever company/handset best fits my needs, I'll be there, (finances permitting )
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxdrunkie View Post
    Ill tell you what I love about android multitasking, WEBPAGES DO NOT RELOAD!!

yup, have a bunch of tabs open of webpages? Restassured you will not have to wait for the webpage to reload when you go back to it!!!!

The mail app on the pre is so much better though, thats when the pre and iphone have android beat. Especially the pre.
    Of course you know there is a patch for that, right? Crazy that Palm though reloading was a good idea! It's not. But the patch solved it!

I love how webOS lets me have a whole bunch of browser cards open, almost like a poor man's tabbed browsing. Can Android do that and/or do tabbed browsing? That has become a real favorite!
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    why would I use it for typing? Lets see. I email, IM, irc and text. The pre surfs the web fine and don't really care about docs to go. Might have used it once and certainly wouldn't pay 15 bucks for it on android. I thought something like that would have been free.
    Well, I typed today for this website. The only issue I had to watch for the auto correct feature and apparently to many browser screens open...
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    This is the appropriate thread for people dropping webOS for the Evo. Not a poll. Not a debate. Just tell us why you're leaving for the Evo or why you already left and what you like about your Evo.

(mods, maybe this thread should be the stickied one in all fairness to the Evo Shmevo thread since the poll is just that)

My Evo arrives on my doorstep on Tuesday. My main reasons outside of the Evo specific features (gargantuan screen, HDMI and such...) for jumping back to android are as follows and not in any particular order of importance:

1. Google Voice. I use it extensively, and I haven't been able to check it from my phone for a few weeks now. Android's native app is pretty seamless. YouView isn't a viable alternative as I have to pay for the features I get on GV for free, plus I'd have to forward yet another number, and it's just too much hassled. Two voicemail accounts through two providers? Sorry, no.

2. native visual voicemail. not everyone in my company wants to deal with GV and just wants regular visual voicemail. kind of lame webOS doesn't have it and doesn't have a native GV app in lieu of this ineptness.

3. Docs To Go- editing. Self explanatory.

4. less buggy OS. Even after doctoring I still get odd freezes, screen unresponsiveness or hyper responsiveness. I still get cards that don't flip up and away, emails and messages that hang as I swipe them away. Emails that take forever to open in a great signal area. I just see the subject and who it's from for a bit before it decides to open. And if I go to move to folder to quick, the folder screen is solid white.

5. No agenda view on the homescreen. The agenda app is not an alternative. It's not always there on my homescreen, and after I have to open the app, I have to scroll to see th info I want. There's just no general list view. I want my upcoming appointments at a glance.

6. I want widgets. I want instant access/viewing to things I want to see most often without having to open an app. C'mon Palm. Put the wallpaper to use already and bring some widget like functionality to it already.

Think there's one or two others I've posted elsewhere, but I forget off the top of my head. Doesn't mean I won't miss the more polished OS, cards and patches, but there's functionality I expect, and I just don't have it at the moment on webOS.
    re: #5. I have agenda app on pre, it is on my quick lunch bar - works excellent!!! Push the button and here it all is..., please tell me what Agenda apps are you using on Evo? Agenda widget (at least the free one - sucked) Showed only 2 days, and if you put big one - takes whole screen...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    This is a very positive review:

Why Im excited about Palms webOS | Be the signal

Nice find!
    patches patches patches...no thanks, i'll take functionality out of the box. This bug shouldn't still be an issue so late in the game
    If it makes anyone feel better, Sprint still hasn't figured out how to create effective advertising... The current evo tag line is: What can you do with "first"?

So forget about Android, forget about Sensue UI, forget about having a 720p display with HDMI, 50,000 apps, etc etc. Their value prop is that it's the first 4G phone. Will they ever learn what merit-based marketing is about?
    Of course you know there is a patch for that, right? Crazy that Palm though reloading was a good idea! It's not. But the patch solved it!

I love how webOS lets me have a whole bunch of browser cards open, almost like a poor man's tabbed browsing. Can Android do that and/or do tabbed browsing? That has become a real favorite!
    That patch does not work consistently. I had it on my pre with jstop and 800mhz overclock. Still reloaded webpages
    My wife and I each have a Pre and she also has the BB8830 which is being replaced by the EVO. The 8830 will be used for standby and overseas.
    Ibrahim B.

Kyo PDQ - Kyo 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo -650 (2) & now the Palm Pre. Will keep my BB World Phone Sprint
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Good article...
    If it makes anyone feel better, Sprint still hasn't figured out how to create effective advertising... The current evo tag line is: What can you do with "first"?

So forget about Android, forget about Sensue UI, forget about having a 720p display with HDMI, 50,000 apps, etc etc. Their value prop is that it's the first 4G phone. Will they ever learn what merit-based marketing is about?
    Lolz, nope. Take a look at the Droid apps for whatever the new new one is...there are different ones, and they all end with highlighting some aspect of the phone. 8 megapixel camera, 1ghz snapdragon processor, etc. Does the public really know about the processor? Hell no, but they'll go out and annoy all their friends with whatever crap they heard in the commercial.

Anyways, it really depends, so all the proof and videos in the world aren't going to matter to each person's individual prerferences. Blubble messaged on his twitter that one-handed typing on the EVO was a nightmare and that guys hands are huge...maybe that's why? So, really, pointless.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    Actually, this is a brick:
    RETROBRICK - the home of vintage and rare mobile phones

Youngsters won't remember the days when THAT was considered portable, and they sold like hotcakes.. I'm just surprised that HTC copied the design. I guess retro is in. Excuse me while I reserve some tickets for the A-Team movie...
    I still have my old brick someplace. Ill have to dig it up
    You haven't seen calwidget or purecal obviously. I have over two weeks on my home screen at all times. Though I have it in 3x4 which is full length and 3 column width. But there are so many formatting options for spacing and info as well as colors and font size. It's highly customizable. Calwidget is free, pureCal is a couple bucks and a little more polished. I want info always there when my screen turns on. There is ZERO way to do that in webOS. And for as slick as webOS is, that inadequacy, in my eyes, makes the OS feel dated.

I explained why I don't like the agenda app here. It defeats the purpose of having an agenda view on the home screen. I don't want to have to launch and scroll to see what I have going on over the next couple weeks. And if I use Helix Launcher I can have a ton of agenda info with room for 8 of my most use apps to launch without having to use different home screens.

Quote Originally Posted by hk-usp45 View Post
    re: #5. I have agenda app on pre, it is on my quick lunch bar - works excellent!!! Push the button and here it all is..., please tell me what Agenda apps are you using on Evo? Agenda widget (at least the free one - sucked) Showed only 2 days, and if you put big one - takes whole screen...
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    I have not jumped just yet as I need to wait for my contract next month. However my big gripes with webos have been:

1) not using the GPU. This would have have made the UI experience much better.

2) BLUETOOTH. Seriously. This should have been addressed along time ago. Can't sync contacts with my radio. Spotty A2DP connection with the car and last but not least, no file transfer or contact card exchange.

3) crappy hardware. Love the desighn, just hate the build quality.

Will I get an EVO. Maybe not. Last time I tried to get one I ended up with a WRX instead :P . However I willbe moving to something else unless we get news on something else coming out from HPalm.
    I am typing from the evo .the virtual keyboard is extremely responsive and accurate spelling check jumps right in...by the way this is my friends evo..I'm wondering why evo wasn't automatically put into their auto correct. It kept changing it to ego lol.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    we would love to hear specific likes and dislikes. And do you think she will keep it?
    Ok I've been using it instead of my pre for 2 days.

I like the size and quality of the screen. Visual voicemail is nice and the text to txt is nice. The overall speed is great.

What I don't like is how multitasking is handled. Even after using the task tray, I still prefer how the pre multitasks. It's faster and easier to switch running apps on the pre.

I also don't like how all your apps are listed on the same page. I'd rather be able to group them into pages.

I'm very used to universal search, finding people and calling numbers isn't as quick as it is on the pre.

Overall I got my pre and that was my first smartphone. It was easy to pickup and still very powerful. With android, even the simpliest things become hard because you have to go through so many menus.
    I am waiting for the next palm phone.