View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 120 of 182 FirstFirst ... 2070110115116117118119120121122123124125130170 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,400 of 3633
    Quote Originally Posted by adambomb13 View Post
    bought the EVO in one day I now have (Docs To Go; RDP, PDANet)
    You would rather have PDA Net than Mobile Hotspot or MyTether?
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    You would rather have PDA Net than Mobile Hotspot or MyTether?
    Yes, because it doesn't break after every OS update.
    Exciting to hear the explosive sells of the Evo. As well they deserve it.
    Yet everyone continues to say how WebOS is by far the more enjoyable User experience.

I have neither. I'm still plugging along on my treo pro.

I really think a smartphone with WebOS, Evo like or better specs, and better selection of apps, could really be a table turner. But yet HP/Palm still have a long way to go.
    WebOS is still very unknown. People know iPhone, and now they surely know Android.
    Quote Originally Posted by barrysanders20 View Post
    Yes, because it doesn't break after every OS update.
    So you would rather be on a cable? Hey if that is what you prefer...
    So you would rather be on a cable? Hey if that is what you prefer...
    You're making a very thin argument because Mytether has the capability of using a cable to connect. Also you still have to pay/ contribute to Mytether.
    Quote Originally Posted by barrysanders20 View Post
    You're making a very thin argument because Mytether has the capability of using a cable to connect. Also you still have to pay/ contribute to Mytether.
    I am just asking since you pointed out how webOS doesn't have and will never have PDANet. What makes it so much better? You say that it doesn't have to be uninstalled before an update. Ok. So you would rather have an app that you do not have to reinstall over an app that allows you to wirelessly connect 5 wifi devices in infrastructure mode?

I love PDANet. I have purchased and used it on multiple platforms. And for only $20.00 for android (or free for non https websites) it is a bargain. But it is not wireless on Android.
    I am just asking since you pointed out how webOS doesn't have and will never have PDANet. What makes it so much better? You say that it doesn't have to be uninstalled before an update. Ok. So you would rather have an app that you do not have to reinstall over an app that allows you to wirelessly connect 5 wifi devices in infrastructure mode?

I love PDANet. I have purchased and used it on multiple platforms. And for only $20.00 for android (or free for non https websites) it is a bargain. But it is not wireless on Android.
    I like to have the comfortability of using a support app on the platform, regardless of how often the OS updates. Nor do I want to wait till the community takes time to fix it. Again, it's not like the Evo lacks the capability to be a hotspot. Also, Froyo update has it built in. If it didn't have it at all, your statements would hold more weight. I'd also like to have a phone with supported VPN or RDP apps, which android has. I already have an Android phone as my work phone (Eris). Since I got it, I used it more than my Pre which was basically relegated only to sending text messages and phone calls. Getting an Evo was a natural progression. I'm not going to sell my Pre. I'll just keep it wirelessly connected device for my house.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    The EVO is a better fit for me.

We'll see what HP/Palm does next. 2 phone form factors at this point is not helping for anyone wanting a larger phone and bigger keyboard. I have big hands and the keyboard was little too small for me from the get go. The screen is tiny and you have to do much more scrolling to view web pages. Yes we have had updates but nothing to keep me overly interested in the device. As a phone the Pre has been excellent, but Palm is looking a little stale at this point. New equipment and major OS upgrades should be at the one year mark and still no real news on what's next for Palm. They are still releasing a phone that is now a year old. The Palm Pre Plus is not much of an update to the original phone.

EVO is extremely fast, almost too fast and an easy transition from Web OS. Everything I expected to get out of my Palm Pre I got in my EVO and so much more.

One of my favorite features from my Instinct days is back.... visual voice mail!
    Much better camera and software to control the photo and what you can do with it.
    All the news apps and twitter apps are the same.
    Wi-Fi is almost instant now. Zero lag.
    Bluetooth connectivity with Car is awesome. Especially Bluetooth audio!
    Phone quality is excellent in and out of the car.
    HTC Sync works great with Outlook 2010 out of the box
    Expanded my MicroSD card to 16gb

So a bigger screen makes a huge difference for cruising the web and reading your apps. And oh yes Flash does work out of the box with the HTC web browser. You can view the web exactly the way web designers intended you to see it.

And you have zero lag time opening apps...zero! This thing is just simply fast!

I look at it like this...

The instinct was supposed to be the phone to be on par with iPhone. Oh how misleading was that.
    Then we got Pre. We got what we thought we were supposed to get on the instinct.
    Then we get the Pre and features that we liked such as Visual Voice Mail were removed.
    Features that should have been in the phone from day one trickled out over the following 6 to 9 months.
    Now the EVO is here and we get exactly what we were promised, a phone that has everything you could ever want and fast.

How we use are devices are up to us and if the device does not fit our needs or do what we want it's easy to move on and try something else. It comes down to choice! And that's a good thing. Keep the iPhone on AT&T! I want my HTC and Palm devices on Sprint!

So now Palm Pre V1.0 you’re relegated to a clock on my desk. I’ll miss you touchstone…not really.

I will still be watching you Palm. Until we meet again, good luck, I hope to see great things from you in the very near future!

--Jon

P.S. Oreo’s are better with milk.
    Last edited by Viscott; 06/05/2010 at 11:50 AM.
    HTC EVO 4G
    Treo 700w > Blackberry 8830 > Instinct > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G
    As far as EVO concern- got mine yesterday evening, no rush no line - nothing - me alone in the Radio shack and the girl at the counter (i.e. it was NOT preordered). Activation was 20 min.
    First impressions - battery -- well doing Home screens setting all morning from 7 to 9 I've got it down from 100% to 68%. Guess equal to Pre in same conditions (Pre is easier to set up). speaking about multi tasking - bunch of crap running under the hood, even if you did not ask for that particular application. Cards on Pre are nice -at least you know what is open.
    Hardware is fast, big screen is nice - reading PreCentral news feed. YouTube was nice also. Did not played with apps that much - just installed bunch of them.
    I have an EVO now, my gf still has a pre. After using the EVO all day yesterday, picked up her pre and I almost felt claustrophobic looking at the screen, such a huge difference. For myself I don't mind the size of the EVO. Battery life seems on par with the stock Pre battery (though on my pre I had upgraded to the Seido 2600).

For my needs, android works (I bought a moment a couple months ago just to learn android).

For how I use my phone, I can multitask just as well on the android as I could on the pre. With my pre I never left a ton of cards open so always had to go in and reopen them. On android, if I hold down the home button a window pops up with the last 6 used apps so I can pretty quickly switch between my most recent apps.
    So....I walked into the sprint store Friday morning before work. I just wanted to hold the evo and get a better feel for android since I have very little hands-on experience with it. Let me tell you all this: if I had not yet been exposed to iphone or webOS, I would have snatched this device up in a heartbeat. It was smooth like everyone says and the screen is eye candy you can't deny, but the user experience overall compared to webOS and iPhone feels second hand. I'm sure I could eventually get used to android and even grow to enjoy it, but even coming from someone that is frustrated with pre hardware, the evo and android still wasn't enough to pull me away from webOS. Best. Mobile. OS. Ever.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    I think the million $ question is can one get used to the android interface coming from webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by stockh View Post
    I think the million $ question is can one get used to the android interface coming from webOS.
    I did. There are things I like about the android UI that WebOS doesn't have and vice versa but comes out as a wash in that I've found both WebOS and android to have a capable UI.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    So I got my wife the Evo yesterday. I used it extensively and Android is not enjoyable or intuiative t use at all. The way the Pre handles multitasking makes it the best mobile os for me.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    That phone is for guys with a small man complex.
    Or its for guys who don't wear tight pants that require tiny phones.

As much as people say the phone "looks" huge, in most pockets it doesn't feel different than an iPhone, wallet or even a Pre. Maybe I don't have as sensitive of a "swimsuit area" as others so Keys, wallet, phone or whatever can be in any pocket and I don't know what's in my pockets until I check. I'm not saying the EVO is the perfect size, I just don't think it's as ridiculous as some claim.
    I almost bought the EVO. But realized, my Pre is fine, just a little frustrating slow, especially with the camera.

Also, I finally got my hands on an HD2... wow.. I knew the device would be large, but it's just too much. I backtracked on my "if I get a keyboardless device, i'll go big" statements, heh. I will continue to wait for a "Nexus One" for Sprint... or if HP Palm pulls something out of their *****, which is seemingly less and less likely.

I also do not agree w/ the whole $10 extra cost. Not when 4G isn't fully fleshed out. But it's a minor point.
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    That phone is for guys with a small man complex.
    ...or if balloon pants and mc hammer come back in to style...
    Quote Originally Posted by linh.nguyen View Post
    I almost bought the EVO. But realized, my Pre is fine, just a little frustrating slow, especially with the camera.

Also, I finally got my hands on an HD2... wow.. I knew the device would be large, but it's just too much. I backtracked on my "if I get a keyboardless device, i'll go big" statements, heh. I will continue to wait for a "Nexus One" for Sprint... or if HP Palm pulls something out of their *****, which is seemingly less and less likely.

I also do not agree w/ the whole $10 extra cost. Not when 4G isn't fully fleshed out. But it's a minor point.

Not sure if you know this, but the Nexus One will not be coming to Sprint or Verizon. Google and Verizon/Sprint canceled the launches in order to promote the Incredible and Evo.

Sprint Drops Plan to Offer Google's Nexus One
    Quote Originally Posted by Clipse View Post
    So I got my wife the Evo yesterday. I used it extensively and Android is not enjoyable or intuiative t use at all. The way the Pre handles multitasking makes it the best mobile os for me.
    we would love to hear specific likes and dislikes. And do you think she will keep it?
    The evo is just too big for me. Plus, we don't have 4G in my area, so that part would just be frustration.

What I'd really like to see is a Pre with a landscape keyboard. WebOS needs some better hardware...
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.