View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 117 of 182 FirstFirst ... 1767107112113114115116117118119120121122127167 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,340 of 3633
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    No, the Pre is 1150mAh and anemic... The point is with a monstor screen and a faster processor, does the diff between 1150/Pre and and 1500/Evo result in more or less battery life for a power user...
    Honestly I can't tell for a few simples reasons the most prevalent one being erratic battery drain with my Pre. One day it's doing ok and handling most of what I need, with the usual recharges, and other days dropping 40% or more in an hour or two with only email running.

I fully expect this thing to be a power pig. However I turn off the 4G radio at home; don't have 4G here and don't need it,

I really wished Palm had something in the pipeline. I would have waited for it. The size of the Evo is important to me as I need real estate and it fits in my pocket without a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    2sslow, you just soundike a pre f@nboy. Tough to take any of your android criticism seriously. You probably have no real experience with android outside of 5 minute playtimes in stores It's ok to hate, but you have no clue about the pros of android. I look forward to editing my excel and word docs again since I sold my Moment. Still a major disappointment with webOS and for anyone that is used to using their phone for actual business. I look forward to my widgets and instant access to quite a bit of info I don't have in webOS. Those two things alone are huge selling points for Android.
    No need to be an ***. It was just my opinion, Its not like i said I was going to ground you if you buy an Evo. From the tone of your post sounds to me like you are the f/boy. By the way how old are you because you definitely sound like a child.

As for my experience w/ android, I have 5 phones on my acct. 1 pre 2 bb's and 2 count them 2 androids and my OPINION of the androids is that they are years behind the refinement of WebOs. Android is only where it is because of the hardware, the Os is in my OPINION not even as refined as BB os.

If you want to be an Android f/boy then the link is http://www.androidcentral.com/. As for WebOs f/boy's this is the correct forum for that.

Please do explain what access to info you dont
    have w/ the Pre that you do have w/ android.

Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Let me guess.
    Kennesaw.
    Close! Acworth
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 06/05/2010 at 05:30 AM. Reason: language
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    That phone is for guys with a small man complex.
    How about girls with a tablet complex?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Close! Acworth
    I knew it!
    I work all over Cobb.
    @crogs are we getting crabby?

of course, you are pretty much right, but...
    @crogs are we getting crabby?

of course, you are pretty much right, but...
    He's only stating the truth.
    Let's see. I own a Pre and Pixi. I like both phones and am keeping both phones. Both OS's have their pros and cons.

I sound like a child?

No physical k/board is a definite loser in my book, And lets face it the biggest drawback is that its Android!
    I dont think Im willing to waste my upgrade on this device and be stuck w/ it for 2 whole yrs and have to pay 40.00 more per mo. than my Pre.
    before you say its only 10.00, its 10.00 for 4g and 30.00 for mhs.

Definitely not worth the hype IMHO
    Sounds like a lot of ignorance about android and the phone. To touch on two things. Hot Spot is not mandatory and not even an option on the Pre or Pixi. And it's $10 for uncapped data on both 3g and 4g. Quite a few on here have mentioned they go over the cap. You also have probably never owned an Android device, let alone one with Sense on 2.1. So the biggest drawback comment really holds no water. And it's a one year committment to upgrade to a new phone.

Access to info....widgets. I have a true agenda view for appointments and tasks. I don't have that on webOS. I have to open an app and scroll just to see a week. Sports scores, stock updates, weather, social app info, and the list goes on. All these things have widgets that can be setup on a home screen and give instant access to information where in webOS you have to open the launcher and open an app. Even if you leave all those apps open and toggle back and forth, it's still more cumbersome to do in webOS and it doesn't update automatically or at intervals you set up. I like webOS a lot, but outside of it's elegance and multitasking, it's boring and bland like the iphone. It has a boring wallpaper for a background and you can't do a thing with it. Let me see my calendar, let me double tap and see the weather. Let me double tap and see the latest sports scores or headlines or whatever. Explanation enough?

Sorry if you can't handle being called out on knowing very little about Android.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    well if we want to use his ethics, we root the evo and throw on the native hotspot app in froyo. that saves $30/mo
    Where've you been? People been using pdanet on treos forever to tether and graduated to Mytether or other with the Pre. I must've missed the threads talking about it being ethical.

Something change? Are these the mainstream forums now? (don't answer that :P)
    Quote Originally Posted by Axmirza2 View Post
    Evo is nice and all but then again Android Vs WebOS, I've used Android 2.1, it is truly DISGUSTING. Their app store is atrocious and then generally the UI of android is primitive IMO.
    That's just flat out wrong about the Android app store. It's great with many useful apps.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I think he is taking a out UI and purchase experience...
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    He's only stating the truth.
    tru dat. I'm guessing the evo buyers are still playing with them and don't have time to post their experiences from today. A few good ones, but not the flood I was expecting.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    That's just flat out wrong about the Android app store. It's great with many useful apps.
    that's a matter of opinion
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Just making the comparisons equal when you talk about jailbroken iphones and sharing apps but have to throw in the $30 hotspot charge like it's a mandatory thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Where've you been? People been using pdanet on treos forever to tether and graduated to Mytether or other with the Pre. I must've missed the threads talking about it being ethical.

Something change? Are these the mainstream forums now? (don't answer that :P)
    And me crabby? rarely. Just trying to keep the playing field level in a heavily biased arena. Now if the Flyers start losing tonight, then I'll get crabby.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    The app store in 2.1 is very nice and a big upgrade over 1.6. It hardly takes a backseat to the app store in webOS. Plus the ability to try a paid app and return it within 24hrs is a huge plus over webOS. If you're going to say something is disgusting, at least qualify it, otherwise you have no cred. Personally, I think widgest are incredibly useful and an area where webOS is truly lacking. We get to stare at a useless wallpaper all day long.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    I agree with everything except the GPS part. Is the Sprint GPS app any better than the VZ Nav app? I thought they were basically the same app... yes?
    Two different apps. Calling VZNav a steaming pile is an insult to steaming piles. I suppose it wouldn't be too bad if you were blind as the voice spoken street names and directions are accurate and clear, but they might as well leave off the other graphical "features," they're pretty much useless.

Sprint is made by Telenav, which is what I use with Verizon on non-Android/non-WebOS phones. It's superior to VZNav in almost every category (which isn't really much of an endorsement now that I think about it), but Telenav still falls far short of a dedicated GPS or Google Nav on an Android.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    I found all I needed in one day, plus added a few more with recommendations. All of them free. It worked very well for me. I don't see how it's atrocious.

Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    I knew it!
    I work all over Cobb.
    you drive THAT far every day? Wow!
    Just making the comparisons equal when you talk about jailbroken iphones and sharing apps but have to throw in the $30 hotspot charge like it's a mandatory thing.

And me crabby? rarely. Just trying to keep the playing field level in a heavily biased arena. Now if the Flyers start losing tonight, then I'll get crabby.
    I didn't know android had a hackable hotspot app. Forget i mentioned it. I did hear Froyo had it but wasn't sure they got it working on the Evo.

Forget the app sharing i mentioned (that apple allows..i don't mean pirating) as well. It's a factor for me, but i guess its not a popular one.

But all i meant is that the plans are starting to get a bit closer in comparison. Sprint still has the best value though.
    @crogs, he says he owns 2 android phones, chillax. Ur other points are valid. Not sure on widgets. With dashboards and notifications, I haven't wished for them as much as I thought I wooul. And there is an agena app I use some times.

my question is about resource use and performance hit for widgets. I'm still haunted by Vista!
    Cantaffordit: Im only 6' not 6'2 lol and NO thats not me. Shes hot though huh!
    It that why she's panting in your avatar picture?

Acworth, eh? I have family in Woodstock ... Near the race track.