View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 116 of 182 FirstFirst ... 1666106111112113114115116117118119120121126166 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,320 of 3633
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    Nobody likes little screens. People only pretend that they do because it's what they own, but given a choice (or a chance to use a larger screen) then no honest person would say "That 3.7" screen is too big and makes my movies/sites/menus too visible for me".
    For portability reasons, a smaller screen actually is better. All my smaller screen phones are indeed easier to carry. But obviously for visual reasons, if you don't want to go blind trying to read the screen, bigger is better. So you have to weigh your options, portability over easy viewing.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Thanks! Please post this in http://forums.precentral.net/cross-p...ing-webos.html.

That way we can get all the reasons to stay in the same place.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    well if we want to use his ethics, we root the evo and throw on the native hotspot app in froyo. that saves $30/mo
    Quote Originally Posted by donpearce View Post
    Buy an app and share ... way to compromise to justify the iPhone!
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    A lot of people use the "Today's Posts" link that shows all posts regardless of the section, so there!
    What he said.
    : (){:|:&};:
    I live in the third largest county in Ga, which may not sound like much as the stigma of Ga being what it is (think deliverance) but Im 20 miles north of Atl and in a very crowded area. I stopped at 3 different corporate stores today and 2 best buys within 10 miles of each other and all of them had plenty. Same when i got my Launch day Pre so maybe we are too redneck for the tech.lol
    Maybe in smaller areas there are shortages but in areas where we have 4gtheres no shortage here.

Cantaffordit: Im only 6' not 6'2 lol and NO thats not me. Shes hot though huh!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    I live in the third largest county in Ga, which may not sound like much as the stigma of Ga being what it is (think deliverance) but Im 20 miles north of Atl and in a very crowded area. I stopped at 3 different corporate stores today and 2 best buys within 10 miles of each other and all of them had plenty. Same when i got my Launch day Pre so maybe we are too redneck for the tech.lol
    Maybe in smaller areas there are shortages but in areas where we have 4gtheres no shortage here.

I passed by the Morrow GA store, just south of ATL today, and they were sold out by the time i finished work.
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 06/04/2010 at 04:24 PM.
    2sslow, you just soundike a pre f@nboy. Tough to take any of your android criticism seriously. You probably have no real experience with android outside of 5 minute playtimes in stores It's ok to hate, but you have no clue about the pros of android. I look forward to editing my excel and word docs again since I sold my Moment. Still a major disappointment with webOS and for anyone that is used to using their phone for actual business. I look forward to my widgets and instant access to quite a bit of info I don't have in webOS. Those two things alone are huge selling points for Android.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post

Apparently we are neighbors, too.
    Let me guess.
    Kennesaw.
    I was going to guess Cuming.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    As long as the Evo is not a lagtastic monster the Sprint Palm Pre is, I will be making the switch in about 2 months. I feel like Palm pretty much burned many Sprint Pre users with such horrible hardware... hopefully in maybe 1-2 years they can get their act together. I like the Pre but I just now wanted to take a picture of the stormy clouds and opened the camera app and the freakin' phone froze up!
    Uberkernel pl0x?
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    I know about it and I had it installed but the Evo is tasting very savory right about now
    I think issues and plans to switch to EVO go here...

http://forums.precentral.net/cross-p...-official.html
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    A lot of people use the "Today's Posts" link that shows all posts regardless of the section, so there!
    Exactly. I'm on my Pre, just hitting "new posts."
    Evo is nice and all but then again Android Vs WebOS, I've used Android 2.1, it is truly DISGUSTING. Their app store is atrocious and then generally the UI of android is primitive IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    That phone is for guys with a small man complex.
    Really?

See, I can understand the Pre lovers are feeling a bit tweaked right now as this Evo, and the HP CEO announcement stole all the thunder away from them so I can understand the sentiment. It sucks.

However, having been a Pre owner, who's still keeping his to use the apps I purchased, and now an Evo owner there is no comparison with the hardware and 4G is just the icing on the cake.

The UI takes some getting used to but those that say it's not intuitive, how long have they owned an Evo?

You're Evo envy is showing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    http://www.androidcentral.com/sites/...-4g-iphone.JPG

PS, it only has a 1500mAh battery... that cant be enough for heavy use...
    Just like the Pre.
    so again...you have no interest in the phone along with nothing intelligent to offer to the conversation, so why bother? The gist of all the posts tend to be:
    "android sucks, web os is great"
    "on screen keyboards suck"
    "it's freakin' huge"

wow...so relevant. I look at new posts all the time, and if they are things that don't concern me, I generally just don't post. A novel concept I know.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Odd-Ball View Post
    Just like the Pre.
    No, the Pre is 1150mAh and anemic... The point is with a monstor screen and a faster processor, does the diff between 1150/Pre and and 1500/Evo result in more or less battery life for a power user...