View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 113 of 182 FirstFirst ... 1363103108109110111112113114115116117118123163 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,260 of 3633
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    So Sprint is gouging you by charging you $10/mo more? I can understand your frustration if you don't have 4G available yet, but when you pull the comparison to AT&T ... come on man! Compare bottom line bills for equivalent services ... and don't forget to add on the $10/mo for GPS on AT&T!

I have 4 lines on Sprint, all are smart phones ... I pay $129.99(base) + $20(3rd phone) + $20(4th phone) + $10(premium data) = $179.99 (before taxes). That gives me 1500 anytime minutes plus unlimited everything else ... don't forget unlimited PCS-to-PCS (any network!)

Now ... let's build the same thing on AT&T ... $89.99(base) + $9.99(x3) + $30(x4)(data) + $9.99(x4)(Navigation) + $30(unlimited messaging) ... for a grand total of $309.92.

Who is gouging who?

Even if I pay the $10/mo for all four of my phones, Sprint is still $100 less!

Although I hate paying extra fees, when I compare services ... Sprint is by far the most cost effective provider!
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    The "stuck in headset mode" is an easy fix ... plug and unplug the headphones 3 or 4 times real quick. My daughter's pixi did that and it fixed it right away.
    Quote Originally Posted by the.teejster View Post
    That thing is huge... Too big for me.
    I think the size of the Pre is perfect and wouldn't want anything any larger.
    Me FOUR!

I hope the next webOS device doesn't get all bloated & HUGE like the Evo.

Personally I wouldn't mind if the next HPalm device were just ~slightly~ bigger, and maybe make the screen use the whole face of the phone. keep the gesture area format but make it 'virtual' so the bottom edge of the screen is either a gesture area or part of the screen depending on what you're doing at the time
    An unlocked Evo? CDMA phones can't be unlocked. You are thinking of GSM phones. Sorry, you are SOL in that regard.
    What do you mean by an unlocked EVO?
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I'm surprised that no one has mentioned that with the on-screen keyboard active on the Evo the remaining screen is almost half the size of the Pre's. I use my Pre constantly for emails and wouldn't trade the screen real-estate on the Pre for anything with an on-screen keyboard.
    That's what's so great about life. It's full of choices. Something for everyone. And personally, I do hope if a new WebOS phone (device can mean anything) is released, that it is bigger, thinner, and has a larger screen. The Pre feels more cramped to me the more I use it.
    I played with it today and wow its amazing (picking mine up later , didnt have time before work to do it) the screen is not big at all, I wish the Pre had a screen that nice. Fits perfect in the pocket which was my major concern. I really hope that if they release a new Palm phone in 2011 they atleast make the screen someone what bigger , does not have to be as big as the Evo but something close.
    Quote Originally Posted by gwhelan View Post
    I'm surprised that no one has mentioned that with the on-screen keyboard active on the Evo the remaining screen is almost half the size of the Pre's. I use my Pre constantly for emails and wouldn't trade the screen real-estate on the Pre for anything with an on-screen keyboard.
    Really, smaller than the Pre? I'd love to see a picture of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    I played with it today and wow its amazing (picking mine up later , didnt have time before work to do it) the screen is not big at all, I wish the Pre had a screen that nice. Fits perfect in the pocket which was my major concern. I really hope that if they release a new Palm phone in 2011 they atleast make the screen someone what bigger , does not have to be as big as the Evo but something close.
    I felt the exact opposite. I thought the phone was a bit too large and heavy for my taste, and the Pre is just the right form factor for my needs.

To each their own . . .
    2 things that are exremly personal are the Keybaord and Screen. Some people like little screens and some like me want a nice large screen so I can see web sites better. Some people hate virtual keyboards. Thats why there are so many different types of phones.
    It's like performance art, but without that pesky "art" part.
    Quote Originally Posted by donpearce View Post
    So Sprint is gouging you by charging you $10/mo more? I can understand your frustration if you don't have 4G available yet, but when you pull the comparison to AT&T ... come on man! Compare bottom line bills for equivalent services ... and don't forget to add on the $10/mo for GPS on AT&T!

I have 4 lines on Sprint, all are smart phones ... I pay $129.99(base) + $20(3rd phone) + $20(4th phone) + $10(premium data) = $179.99 (before taxes). That gives me 1500 anytime minutes plus unlimited everything else ... don't forget unlimited PCS-to-PCS (any network!)

Now ... let's build the same thing on AT&T ... $89.99(base) + $9.99(x3) + $30(x4)(data) + $9.99(x4)(Navigation) + $30(unlimited messaging) ... for a grand total of $309.92.

Who is gouging who?

Even if I pay the $10/mo for all four of my phones, Sprint is still $100 less!

Although I hate paying extra fees, when I compare services ... Sprint is by far the most cost effective provider!
    Would you actually buy GPS on all phones? I guess all 4 drive? Also, remember to add the $29 each for mobile hotspot.

I think the corresponding AT&T plan (data+tether) is $55.

You have the right idea, total all the charges and compare. Sometimes the increased charge for one item is offset by lower charges on another. It's all about what's on the bill at the end of the month...
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    That's what's so great about life. It's full of choices. Something for everyone. And personally, I do hope if a new WebOS phone (device can mean anything) is released, that it is bigger, thinner, and has a larger screen. The Pre feels more cramped to me the more I use it.
    The only time I feel like the screen is a bit cramped is when I'm reading some forums and I have go into landscape and mess with the zoom to get it just right. If it becomes too much a headache, I just tether to my netbook and the problem is solved.

Everything else seems to fit the screen fine for the most part, but I know what you mean.
    Going to be hard to get a EVO today unless pre ordered. Looks like the EVO will be Sprints biggest selling phone. Lines outside the Sprint store I passed and Best Buy were down the block. Looked like a mini Iphone release , and I heard the Sprint servers are down all day due to the overload of EVO registrations. Good for Sprint. We all want sprint to be successful even if its not a PRE. I wonder what HP would have to do to get there next phone to be like that. I still rememeber getting to Sprint for my PRE at 3am and when the store opened at 8am there were 8 of us. Hopefully HP will hit advertise it alot when they do release something.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 06/04/2010 at 12:19 PM.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donpearce View Post
    The "stuck in headset mode" is an easy fix ... plug and unplug the headphones 3 or 4 times real quick. My daughter's pixi did that and it fixed it right away.
    So i am in these forums reading about the evo and rather or not i should get it today; after i had just gone to sprint to try to get my pre fixed/order a replacement b/c i couldn't hear out of the headset anymore, and i didnt realize that it was stuck in headset mode and thats why it wouldn't work. So yeah thank you for this tip, youre awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Wow, the EVO is bigger than I expected. It's the same size as the GPS that sits on my dash. It somewhat reminds me of another phone that broke new ground, dominated the competition, and sold like hot cakes for a long time:

RETROBRICK - the home of vintage and rare mobile phones

I couldn't use something that big even if it ran webOS... but for those that can use a 4.3" screen, great. The screen is big enough that the virtual keyboard may actually be usable, sort of like the iPad...
    I always thought the HTC Universal was the limit on how large you could make a device and still call it a phone.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I don't know...I like the size of my Pre in terms of diagonal, but it's a thicker phone than the iPhone or Evo. As far as comfort in my pocket, I might prefer the thinner Evo...I'll have to see. Ultimately too, if the Evo solves a lot of problems that we all seem to have with the Pre (build quality, lagginess, lack of app support, etc.) I may be switching. Again, I love my Pre and currently have overclocking and patches...but you can only do so much, and the Evo Snapdragon + 4g support is tough to beat.
    Based on the size of the EVO, here is a form factor HTC should consider for the tablet version of the EVO...
    Kno dual-screen tablet appears at D8, we go hands-on -- Engadget
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Would you actually buy GPS on all phones? I guess all 4 drive? Also, remember to add the $29 each for mobile hotspot.

I think the corresponding AT&T plan (data+tether) is $55.

You have the right idea, total all the charges and compare. Sometimes the increased charge for one item is offset by lower charges on another. It's all about what's on the bill at the end of the month...
    I know AT&T just announced new data plans which include tethering ... what I quoted were the older, cheaper plans which did not include hotspot, so I left it off the sprint quote.

Regarding the GPS ... its apples to apples ... Sprint includes GPS nav in its plan ... to get the same on AT&T, its $10 more. Sure, if I were on AT&T, I may not add the GPS nav on my kids phones, but that only saves me $20 ... There is still the $80 difference that makes Sprint more cost effective.