View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 112 of 182 FirstFirst ... 1262102107108109110111112113114115116117122162 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,240 of 3633
    Do anybody think the Evo will go on sale soon? The pre on sprint was dropped to $149 like a month after
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I'll be switching. My pre is ok, but I need a bigger screen. When I look at USA today, I use my wife's IPhone. Why ? Because I can actually read it without having to blow it up. Movies ? Yeah Iphone again. Why ? I can actually see it !

The webos is good. Put it on some hardware that does not suck, and you have a winner. But with this HP takeover, good luck with that. Anyone remember compaq ? My point exactly. Heck just look at our front page........
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Do anybody think the Evo will go on sale soon? The pre on sprint was dropped to $149 like a month after
    Highly doubt it.
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    (He means this photo.)

I held one of the dummy models in a RadioShack over the weekend and it is indeed large, flat & thin. Putting it in your back pocket & sitting down would be an expensive experience.

Playing with it reminded me of all those joke images of someone holding an iPad up to their ear like it was an iPhone.
    That thing is huge... Too big for me.
    I think the size of the Pre is perfect and wouldn't want anything any larger.
    Quote Originally Posted by the.teejster View Post
    My thoughts exactly.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I have no interest in switching as Im still happy with my Pre but that thing is the Titanic of smart phones!
    ichhh wayyy to big for a device to carry around all the time

in SOME things Bigger is NOT better
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

Just take a ruler to your Pre, its entire diagonal length isn't 4". Larger phones are still pocketable, but being able to turn it on and navigate the UI with one hand starts to be challenge. Esp. with a recessed power button on the top. A side or corner power button (ala Pre) would be more ergonomic.
    now that's what I call a brick.. I wouldn't be caught dead with it.. Love my pre even more now..
    Wow, the EVO is bigger than I expected. It's the same size as the GPS that sits on my dash. It somewhat reminds me of another phone that broke new ground, dominated the competition, and sold like hot cakes for a long time:

RETROBRICK - the home of vintage and rare mobile phones

I couldn't use something that big even if it ran webOS... but for those that can use a 4.3" screen, great. The screen is big enough that the virtual keyboard may actually be usable, sort of like the iPad...
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Ok, so I did it ... I turned off my Palm Pre and got an EVO this morning. Although I believe WebOS is far superior to Android, the EVO was just too cool not to try. Being a Premier customer, I got my PRE the day before the launch at the pre-party. I actually got one for me and my wife. Wife went through 3 PREs before demanding a new phone (faulty hardware) while I only went through 2. I wish the PRE had a little more horsepower and a bigger screen.

Now ... the EVO is big, fast and well integrated like the PRE, but I will miss the gestures and the homebrew aspect of WebOS.

If HPalm announces a new device to compete with EVO (hardware-wise) in the next 30days, I will return my EVO and wait. However, I think that HPalm will not announce a new device until late fall (october-ish) at the earliest, with a launch after the first of the year. That being the case, I will be fine with EVO hardware for a year, and then come back to WebOS on my 1-year Premier anniversary.
    The Evo is a nice phone, but the whole "4G" thing is overrated. It doesn't end up delivering that much more speed than AT&T's 3G network. Look at this fresh report on data speeds:

The Fastest Mobile Networks 2010 - The Fastest Mobile Networks | PCMag.com

And I am supposed to spend $10/more a month for this, even though I live in a 3G only area? I don't think so....

Don't get me wrong, I like the Evo - it's FAST! But at the price Sprint wants to gouge me at, I don't think so.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the.teejster View Post
    me three
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    now that's what I call a brick.. I wouldn't be caught dead with it.. Love my pre even more now..
    Actually, this is a brick:
    RETROBRICK - the home of vintage and rare mobile phones

Youngsters won't remember the days when THAT was considered portable, and they sold like hotcakes.. I'm just surprised that HTC copied the design. I guess retro is in. Excuse me while I reserve some tickets for the A-Team movie...
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
    The Evo is a nice phone, but the whole "4G" thing is overrated. It doesn't end up delivering that much more speed than AT&T's 3G network. Look at this fresh report on data speeds:

The Fastest Mobile Networks 2010 - The Fastest Mobile Networks | PCMag.com

And I am supposed to spend $10/more a month for this, even though I live in a 3G only area? I don't think so....

Don't get me wrong, I like the Evo - it's FAST! But at the price Sprint wants to gouge me at, I don't think so.
    In addition to the extra $10, it's another $29 for the Mobile Hotspot, BTW....
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    1. Radio shack- Walked in comfortable climate, saw evo first time played for 3-4 min. cool gadget, do they have any unlocked? apparently no.
    2. Sprint- take name on clipboard. wait...call name.. overdue balance... settle debt first, then talk....
    the employee: Sir, you know this is a beta device, right..
    me: yeah, so when's it gonna get 2.2?
    employee: :/
    me: what i fig
    3. best buy: two girls wearing pink. I make remark, "john Travolta!" as to say the pink ladies. hot, actually one was the mom, so double hot for the milf. anyways, no unlocked phone.! Where can i get an unlocked evo?

Double p.s. : If the Pre gets flash b4 evo, then it would...nonono .scratch. the pre will get flash and still be a better phone imho next to evo. lack of psych kb blows. screen size is large enough to cuddle up in a library with for an eternity as in the twilight zone episode, or we could all just get flash.
    when i was in the sprint store i found myself daydreaming about the dell streak. am i crazy?
    Last edited by double1; 06/04/2010 at 11:22 AM. Reason: answer obvious question. - ebay
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    There are only two reasons to reduce the price of flagship hardware. If they aren't selling well, or if they are clearing them out to make room for something new.
    Quote Originally Posted by donpearce View Post
    Ok, so I did it ... I turned off my Palm Pre and got an EVO this morning. Although I believe WebOS is far superior to Android, the EVO was just too cool not to try. Being a Premier customer, I got my PRE the day before the launch at the pre-party. I actually got one for me and my wife. Wife went through 3 PREs before demanding a new phone (faulty hardware) while I only went through 2. I wish the PRE had a little more horsepower and a bigger screen.

Now ... the EVO is big, fast and well integrated like the PRE, but I will miss the gestures and the homebrew aspect of WebOS.

If HPalm announces a new device to compete with EVO (hardware-wise) in the next 30days, I will return my EVO and wait. However, I think that HPalm will not announce a new device until late fall (october-ish) at the earliest, with a launch after the first of the year. That being the case, I will be fine with EVO hardware for a year, and then come back to WebOS on my 1-year Premier anniversary.
    i'm in the same boat although i'm not convinced i'm making the switch. first i want to let it go for a month or 2 and see what real people's experiences are. for one, i'm concerned battery life on it will be horrible due to screen size and 4G.

i love webOS but the pre's hardware is just plain bad. i'm on my 3rd Pre since launch day. first one's oreo was really bad and the power button stopped working. second one suffered from the headphone jack failing and it was constantly stuck in headset mode.

i think i'll hang onto the pre unless it breaks again. at that point i'll have to make a decision to switch or hope that an announcement of a new webOS hardware from sprint is in the works.
    settle your debt... Then get it from sprint or if you really want it that bad go to ebay I'm sure they'll be floating around there.