View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 111 of 182 FirstFirst ... 1161101106107108109110111112113114115116121161 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 3633
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    I was told that the start date is always pushed to the first of the month, so even if you got your phone on June 31st 2009, you'd still be elegible as of June 1st, 2010.

Hope this helps. When in doubt, hit up Sprint chat support.
    Not to get off subject but ... Do you have a job ... LOL ... Your EVERYWHERE ... Not that I'm not everywhere too ... ha ha ha
    I love my palm pre, not switching to another OS
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Yea keep holding onto that thought. The HP CEO was silly enough to speak frankly the first time around and knew it needed to be corrected to not totally alienate current WebOS smartphone users.

There will not be a superphone or a marquee phone from HP with WebOS. Bank ON IT. Now a market leading tablet? You Betch'a! WebOS on a HP Notebook - Money! WebOS on new HP SmartPrinters?? Booyaah!!

WebOS on a killer smartphone? That was called the Pre and you saw how far that got..
    Because there were at least 50 threads with EVO in the title here on EVOcentral. I think they got some great new Mods that decided to fix that so the search engine would actually produce useful results... I think it has already had a great effect on getting better search results. IMHO
    Does anyone know how to get to EVOcentral ? Where are the Mods sending the EVO related threads to ?
    Last edited by solo1; 06/03/2010 at 06:18 PM.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Because there were at least 50 threads with EVO in the title here on EVOcentral. I think they got some great new Mods that decided to fix that so the search engine would actually produce useful results... I think it has already had a great effect on getting better search results. IMHO
    I know its PREcentral and i understand it upsets people to see "im switching" posts in the popular Palm Pre forum, But would it really hurt to let cross-platform be the wild west? The thread that led me here was something about hardware keyboards. The thread I made yesterday asking how people on different platforms manage to use 5GB data was moved to some obscure sub category.

It just seems they're trying to dissuade non-Pre discussion, but in the end then everyone here believed enough in the device to join the forum so allowing them to discuss the competitors may result in them coming back to Pre if HP ever gives us a new WebOS device.
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    Especially those with no 4G in site.
    especially
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    what you guys think about the EVO 4G comercial
    THE GAME OF LIFE
    Bye Bye to having to "Tweak" a phone with absolutely HORRIBLE hardware and one that I have to reset every 2 weeks to get it to function without bugging up..Hello to the Specs that a phone should have if it wants to make a true impact on the market..Odios POS palm pre!!!
    I'm sooooo torn about this.... I love my pre...

but i have such a stong pull to the latest and greatest....
    palm m103 > palm m130 > palm TlX > 755p > PRE (FINALLY!!!!)
    I pickup my 2 new EVO's to replace 2 Palm Pre's in the morning.. Sorry Palm Pre - It was fun, but I need to move onto bigger (seriously bigger) and better things.. I've waited a year for a real summary/home screen and voice command/dialing, etc .. Just can't wait anymore, and need something that is more popular with developers, and not locked-down like the iphone.. Not to mention - android gets flash 10.1 first.. the pre was supposed too - but I'm thinking it was lost in the HP buyout shuffle.
    I've weighed the options, and I'm sticking with the pre until another webos powered phones comes out. I used to love Android until WebOS was on the scene. But now it just feels like a clunky interface. The multi-touch is terrible! It does have some great features, like flash and adobe air, lots of apps, etc. But the gestures in webos are perfect and I just can't give that up.
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    too bad EVO does not have voice dialing either and the official update to 2.2 wouldn't be out for months. Probably by then WebOS will have flash. You can root the phone and get 2.2 on it some how but be prepared for a pile of problems with stability and no sense.
    You're incorrect. The EVO does support voice dialing and various other voice commands. It doesn't have bluetooth voice dialing support-yet, but if you really want that, there are bluetooth headsets that support that with any phone, including the Pre.
    May I ask a favor? If anyone gets the Evo today, can you tell me if it makes a good tablet replacement? I was interested in the 3G iPad until AT&T decided to get rid of the unlimited data. I have Android and touchscreen phones, and I'm fine with those, so that won't be a problem.

I know it's a phone first and I need to get service for it, and that the screen is smaller than the iPad's. But 4.3 still is big enough to read emails clearly. I just don't want my laptop files possibly stolen when traveling. It's easier to limit what you put on a tablet(or phone).

Thanks in advance!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I loved my Pre, but it's time to move on. Nothing against it, I love webos and I'm still keeping my pre.

just that my upgrade is here and I just love to have the latest and greatest!
    i just got my EVO....this phone is amazing!!!!!!
    HTC EVO 4G
    ROOTED
    CM6 ROM
    50FPS
    40mflops
    @bpdamas

That is well thought out and articulate. I hope you will post back when you have answers to things like how email works without Synergy, how exchange sync works, etc. That's always interesting. Also how you adapt to the soft keyboard, etc.

And especially interesting will be what the homebrew community is like. I've found that the Crackberry gang isn't very passionate, and the Android gang is a little to impressed with themselves. Let us know what you experience.
    I will definitely post back when I get the phone. It might take me a few days to get an overall impression with these items but I will update how it goes. I have a feeling I am definitely going to miss WebOS but not enough to be ****ed. All that means is that when Palm comes out with a phone with similar hardware and a farther along OS, I will be back.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dguidry12 View Post
    Bye Bye to having to "Tweak" a phone with absolutely HORRIBLE hardware and one that I have to reset every 2 weeks to get it to function without bugging up..Hello to the Specs that a phone should have if it wants to make a true impact on the market..Odios POS palm pre!!!
    +1

Not to mention Android just came out with a fix for the scandisk card issue the EVO had and Palm has had the system freezing error since the beginning and it's still not fixed on the Pre.

Shows you the direction Palm is going if people are complaining about the OS and they won't even address the issue and offer a solution.

Even with the fragmentation problem Android's OS doesn't freeze up to the point of a total battery pull in order to get it functional again.
    That photo on the home page says it all for me. I almost didn't even recognize the Pre sitting next to the humongous Evo. Sure, it's got a big scren, but the phone is HUGE! It'd be great to have a phone with a 32 inch screen, but bigger screens = bigger phones. Ain't NO way you'll ever catch me lugging around a phone that large.
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Got the EVO this morning.......its big. Cant imagine using it as my main pocket Phone. I am keepin my Pre and using EVO as secondary phone Its a killer device......I love them both
    Last edited by bignoze; 06/04/2010 at 09:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by pacha248 View Post
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by m3grady2 View Post
    This phone is a beast. I'm leaning towards getting one in June. But i love webos
    so i'll be waiting and hoping palm comes out with some new hardware similar to this on sprint.
    Otherwise hello evo 4g.
    +1 July 1.