View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 11 of 182 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162161111 ... LastLast
    I'm gonna give palm a chance to keep my interest. 1) because i love webos 2) because i hate android. that said, the evo is SO SEXY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i just my overcome my hatred for all things android...
    Quote Originally Posted by glassadam View Post
    Here ya go!

(Sorry for the crappy quality, my photoshop skills are pretty minimal )
    AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME!!!

It's all about the screen, man. Dieter's been right all along.

Drop the sliding keyboard. Upgrade to 4.5" screen (with shell that is barely larger than the iPhone). Upgrade to 512mb ram. Keep same processor, but OC to 720 MHz out the door. Forget about WiMax (4G nonsense). Call it a day.
    unless palm doesnt match up to hardware to the next webOS device then i "might" jump ship but for now im webOS all the way
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    unless palm doesnt match up to hardware to the next webOS device then i "might" jump ship but for now im webOS all the way

+1
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Im so jumping ship. I travel a lot I go threw 4g.
    Last edited by fredox19; 03/24/2010 at 07:41 PM.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    You think they could possible go up into #2? Plus they are also getting the Nexus one..
    yeah i think so. The evo is only device number 1 with 4g, I'm sure they have other ideas up their sleeve.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    While the Evo has amazing specs.. it looks way to big for me to carry around. I bike ride to school, and having that size of a phone in my front pocket would be uncomfortable. Plus the Android OS isn't anything near WebOS.. Really though, people are latching onto it because of the screen size... might as well buy a portable dvd player.. they have 5 inch screens.
    they will have to pry my PRE from my cold dead hands.
    I actually want the Nexus One that is coming to Sprint. I would love to stay with WebOS so I hope they announce something soon.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    It's nice. But I'm sticking with webOS. I need a physical keyboard as well, so I guess I will just wait. Bring on OMAP4
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
    like my pre. Plus I am a palm guy
    I absolutely agreee. I don't think I would be happy with any OS after being spoiled by webOS. I also fully love the pre form factor. I also need a physical keyboard. I just hope in the "Pre2" the material used to make the pre casing is improved and they go to a straight slider instead of the tilted slider. I love the idea of a tilted slider, its just that I believe alot of problems people are experiencing with the Pre is because of the slider design.

I am envious of what the evo has under the hood spec wise though.
    I am interested in this new phone but I like my Pre and look forward to what Palm will release next.
    I will stay aboard until i see what palm has to offer later this year.
    Did you watch that reviewer type on the Virtual Keyboard of the EVO? That's the reason why I left my last phone that had a VK only and switched to the Pre, a real keyboard. I'm sticking with my Pre and will upgrade when Palm releases their next hardware upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Popper668 View Post
    they will have to pry my PRE from my cold dead hands.
    I'm with you on that one,love my pre.
    Android 2.1 is Android 2.1. You can add as many bells and whistles as you like as well as more horsepower. It won't make a Chevy Malibu into a Porche.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Did you watch that reviewer type on the Virtual Keyboard of the EVO? That's the reason why I left my last phone that had a VK only and switched to the Pre, a real keyboard. I'm sticking with my Pre and will upgrade when Palm releases their next hardware upgrade.
    Thats exactly what I'm talking about. I don't understand how people can live with just a VK. Its just not feasible for me. I have the VK patch on my pre for a quick text/im response or entering a short url in the browser. Thats about it. I would hate having to type out an email with a VK.
    I understand that the general consensus is that a physical keyboard is king.. However, I have seen people type very fast on a virtual keyboard - so it definitely is possible. Some of us are just "stuck in our ways."

Unfortunately, down the road I have a feeling that physical keyboards will be on the way out.